Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2009, 12:49 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Here is an example of what happens when you are filled with the Holy Spirit!

Judges 11:29-39
You know, they just had to put she was a virgin in there as though that fact alone makes her death all the more tragic. Forget she voluntarily sacrificied herself - oh no, lets not forget she was a virgin!!

Serously, this sex thing with the religious is just getting out of hand....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 01:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,120,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
You know, they just had to put she was a virgin in there as though that fact alone makes her death all the more tragic. Forget she voluntarily sacrificied herself - oh no, lets not forget she was a virgin!!

Serously, this sex thing with the religious is just getting out of hand....
Well, I'd say that The Immaculate Conception is the deal breaker for any intelligent person. If God actually did impregnate Mary, why did she have to be a virgin? C'mon now, the virginity thing has been totally ludicrous starting with that fairy tale. I guess it added just the right amount of "purity" to the fable.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:33 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,287 times
Word is that Ted Haggard has signed on to teach the course....

Old 08-18-2009, 01:37 PM

1,179 posts, read 975,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
It kills the left wingers that kids be exposed to the Bible or that they have the choice to make up their own minds what they believe. The Bible is very much a part of history and very much a part of society today.

Left wingers will probably be wetting the bed over this one.
There is no recorded history of the life and death of Christ other than the Bible. Anyone with even a smidgen of historical knowledge on the stuff knows that Christianity's greatest historical problem lies with this lack of historical collaboration, the place afterall was a Roman province, and one would think that a man walking around raising the dead and curing leprosy while he fed 10,000 people from a loaf of bread and as he drank his water-wine would have received some mention in the local Roman press, or perhaps a small plaque at the local Jewish temple. Instead we find nothing, nothing at all collaborating anything in the New Testament other than the name of the current king and such. If we did, we wouldn't be arguing about it.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:37 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,681,868 times
Last time I checked this is a local issue. These people voted in those in the schools. We have all kinds of studies in public school about learning. Learning about sex, learning about "global warming" and learning about evolution etc. Many things taught in schools arent even proven facts and are still up for debate and public OP. I thought the reason to go to school was to learn. This nation doesnt want kids to be independant thinkers we have created a nation of group thought teachings.
Global Warming is real and you every kid in 6th grade is completely brainwashed based on half truths and that is all caused by man. It is to create a nation of gulity kids who will be so willing to pay and do anything to help "save the planet" from our very exisitance.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:41 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillz View Post
I posted before I got to the end. Sorry!
No worries I do it from time to time also especially when a thread is over 6 pages long.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:45 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,207,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""why are you so threatened if it is a fantasy?"""

Having an opposing opinion is NOT feeling threatened....are YOU feeling so threatened that you need to shove your religion down students throats or it might go away?????

Openmindedness is keeping religion out of schools so that minds CAN be opened.

hey get a grip
I have not shoved anything down anyone's throat!
I am very cozy in by beliefs and have not shared them here,
you are fankly very amusing, you demand every one march to your tune
and call it liberal, when in fact you are enslaved to your own bias
and are not even aware of it, which is really sad
I bet your blood pressure just went up and your vains are popping out on your neck
you can be a mean-spirited as you like and I am still going to express myself and not care what you think
it makes no difference to me if you howl at the moon
and dance in a circle

Old 08-18-2009, 03:39 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,087,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
I am sure you would be wetting your pant if they had classes for the Quran or Hinduism.

Paganism is a very part of history as well and society. People are still Pagan. I bet you would be ****ting your pants if this was being taught.

Well you would be wrong as most left wingers are. As a youngster I was very interested in all the differnet religions around the world, inspired by a teacher as part of history and society. Now go clean your bed.

Old 08-18-2009, 04:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,808,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's not a class on "religions"; it's a class on the Bible as a book and it's influence on History and Literature.

Do you want students exposed to things like this under the guise of literature?

Wherefore my bowels shall sound like a harp for Moab, and mine inward parts for Kirharesh. (Isaiah 16:11)

"therefore, behold, I will bring evil upon the house of Jerobo'am, and will cut off from Jerobo'am him that pisseth against the wall..." (I Kings 14:10)

"At the same time spake the LORD by Isaiah the son of Amoz, saying, Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins, and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so, walking naked and barefoot. And the LORD said, Like as my servant Isaiah hath walked naked and barefoot three years for a sign and wonder upon Egypt and upon Ethiopia; So shall the king of Assyria lead away the Egyptians prisoners, and the Ethiopians captives, young and old, naked and barefoot, even with their buttocks uncovered, to the shame of Egypt." (Isaiah 20:2-4)

"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD. A bastard shall not enter into the congregation of the LORD; even to his tenth generation shall he not enter into the congregation of the LORD." (Deuteronomy 23:1-2)

Old 08-18-2009, 04:16 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
But the real problem with this bill seems to come from the amendments. What’s a bureaucratic bill without amendments which reach back into the bill and change it all around, right? That is exactly what these amendments seem to do.
“Each school district that offers kindergarten through grade 12 shall offer, as a required curriculum… (H) the history and literature of the Old and New Testaments eras as provided by Section 28.011.”

It seems that now kindergarteners can be forced to take a class in the Bible if the school district wishes to make such a class available to those children.

This would of course be indoctrination since it is doubtful that children this age could adequately understand the nuances of the Bible.

Texas makes teaching the Bible mandatory

They are requiring that they teach the course.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies