Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 12:20 PM

31,387 posts, read 36,975,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Of course the spending NOW is good,it is your little puppet in the Whitehouse...
Obama is my puppet? Hey that works for me.

Quote:
By the way,how much has YOUR guy reduced the spending on these wars you so hate???LOL...
This is one of the funnier arguments that I run across in these here parts.

You set the house on fire and then you ***** about the guy who was against setting fire in the first place for not turning off the water!

First it was "Cut and Run" Obama, now that we are actually in the process of winding down the war, (and might be even sooner depending on the outcome of the Iraqi referendum in January) its Obama the war monger.

Get an argument and stick with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 12:35 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,061,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
""""well sonny, you may have no house, and no job and no health care but at least you didn't have to pay more taxes....well, actually you did but at least you didn't have to pay taxes on something that I was against """

Yes, it's tragic how stupid the repubs are and their stupidity and evilness will bring down this nation to Third World satus.

They HATE the thought that a penny of their taxes would go to help anyone else.....

BUT

they LOVE the idea that Americans' wages will go to the few hundred or so wealthiest people at the top.

They don't mind that 1/4, and then 1/2, their wages will go towards Health Care PREMIUMS (NOT health care) and that so few will benefit (including THEMSELVES!!!).

They don't mind how much of their wages go for NOTHING but increasing the wealth of the wealthy.....
If anything brings us down to third world status it will be this administration and their desire to make the US a mediocre nation.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:19 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,673,464 times
Debt is slavery and so are the taxes and illusions of those who believe thru force and the tax system government can move money from those who labor. No matter who the slave master is Republican, Democrat or the Federal Reserve its time liberty was restored to the people.
I want the government out of my wallet, my person life, my healthcare, my sex life and most of all this notion that every generation is tied to the next. I will not via government force support failures and programs that only make individuals dependant on each other and a oppressive government. In no way does it support freedom and in no way does it promote individual responsiblity.

Old 08-18-2009, 01:24 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,061,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Debt is slavery and so are the taxes and illusions of those who believe thru force and the tax system government can move money from those who labor. No matter who the slave master is Republican, Democrat or the Federal Reserve its time liberty was restored to the people.
I want the government out of my wallet, my person life, my healthcare, my sex life and most of all this notion that every generation is tied to the next. I will not via government force support failures and programs that only make individuals dependant on each other and a oppressive government. In no way does it support freedom and in no way does it promote individual responsiblity.
Yes, someone who sees it for what it will eventually become.

Old 08-18-2009, 02:41 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,425,821 times
Seems to me that you antisocial misanthropic types have done a fine job of mishandling the freedom you already have. You've done nothing but turn yourselves into what might once have been called nattering nabobs of negativism. What ever would you do with any more...

Old 08-18-2009, 02:43 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,586,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
That is Conservative lie # 347, repeated over and over by the mindless idiots who listen to Beck and Limbaugh.
Beck..yes Limberger..no

Old 08-19-2009, 08:57 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,216,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checking out View Post
Stack up the grey lines under Bush and compare them to a year or two of Obama. Shocking, quite shocking.
The latest budget curve...

Quote:
All original content on this site is released under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License (http://gunzip.weebly.com/line-by-line.html - broken link), and I even consider the "Attribution" part optional, as long as you don't lie. So copy, modify, and distribute at will.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:13 AM

13,139 posts, read 22,761,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by decembergirl View Post
I get so tired of hearing people talk about anything that the Obama administration does as being a burden of "more taxes for my children and my grandchildren" while the same people let everything else go to pot. What a bunch of phoney altruism! Lies, lies, lies. I am sure that when granddad is telling little Johnny "well sonny, you may have no house, and no job and no health care but at least you didn't have to pay more taxes....well, actually you did but at least you didn't have to pay taxes on something that I was against so just think of that when you are suffering, that at least I got to stand on my soap box and wave my scruples flag. All for you of course." Just you wait, one of these future generations will wake up and when they do you will not need to fear the government because they will be your death panel for I would never care for the generation that did not care for mine. You young people keep that in mind next time this generation or the ones that came before it criticize you for the mess that they left you to clean up and remember that you don't owe them or me a thing. Just let us burn.
Either way the future generations will be OK. But they won't be living in a country called the USA or buy their houses with dollars. And they won't think to kindly of us I'm sure.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:24 AM

558 posts, read 817,318 times
Congress approves the budget. Many democrats voted in favor of the war (i.e. in favor of mishandling funds), though at least of few of them voted correctly against it.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:08 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,442,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oz in SC View Post
Were you outraged over the debt run up over last eight years?
Deficit spending for unnecessary war while cutting taxes is good according to you guys. Deficit spending to stop this country from sliding into the next great depression is an outrage. You guys have some gall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies