U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 10:56 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,505,372 times

Advertisements

Some Auto Dealers Still Await Reimbursement From Uncle Sam Despite Refueled Clunkers - Political News - FOXNews.com

Auto Dealers Paid for Just 2 Percent of 'Clunkers' Claims, Congressman Says - Political News - FOXNews.com

On the news last night, they stated that only 2% of amt due to auto dealers who took these clunkers in, has been paid.

The deal was that govt would pay back these auto dealers their $$ by 10 days. Lie.

The auto dealers are submitting the paperwork and getting rejects stating something like 'your application has been rejected for reason given below'....and then for the reason stated below, it went like this: 'no reason given'!!!!!!

What kind of cr*p is that???

And you pro-govt-run health care ppl think the govt can effectively run health care???

That, in and of itself, speaks volumes about you.

We can all bet our bottom dollars that if govt gets their wish, public option health care, we're all scr*wed.

I can see it now, scenario:

39yo male with new diagnosis of prostate cancer
needs surgery and chemo
submits 'application' for said treatment
response time 3 months
response verbage 'your application has been denied, see below for reason so you can resubmit'
reason given...'no reason given' try and try again
6 months later said male finds out that he is terminal due to not having needed surgery in time. now cancer has spread.
outcome: said patient will be given 'end of life' counseling NO PROBLEM
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,635,115 times
Your scenario doesn't happen in Canada. Why would it happen in the USA? My relatives and friends with prostrate cancer (& other aliments) in Canada have all had prompt and effective treatment.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:02 AM

69,364 posts, read 61,228,428 times
Seriously.. Because I have nice newer gas guzzlers I cant trade them in? How does that make any sense?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Your scenario doesn't happen in Canada. Why would it happen in the USA? My relatives and friends with prostrate cancer (& other aliments) in Canada have all had prompt and effective treatment.
It already happens here, ask any doctor who submits a bill to medicare or medicaid and have to spend 3-4 months transmitting forms in order to receive a payment 1/10th of what was billed.. I have a friend who owns a medical company with hundreds of employees, the biggest hassle is getting paid. I've seen him mortgage his home and office buildings in order to receive temporary cash while awaiting for payment for proceedures performed months before..

The govt wants my support for health care, fix the current problems they have and show me they can run the current governmental programs efficient before, not after expanding to cover everyone..

Last edited by pghquest; 08-18-2009 at 11:30 AM..

Old 08-18-2009, 11:10 AM

31,367 posts, read 35,323,658 times
“that only two percent of dealer reimbursement claims have been paid since the program’s implementation and four of every five applications have been rejected for minor oversights.

You'd ***** if there was a lack of accountability and now you ***** because there is too much?

Old 08-18-2009, 11:18 AM

8,740 posts, read 11,111,698 times
And this whole thing does not happen with private insurance, right?

I love how all the opposition to government health care say "Oh my god. They'll deny you!" As if private ones NEVER deny sick patients health care.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:27 AM

5,402 posts, read 11,650,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
It already happens here, ask any doctor who submits a bill to medicare or medicaid and have to spend 3-4 months transmitting forms in order to receive a payment 1/10th of what was billed.. I have a friend who owns a medical company with hundreds of employees, the biggest hastle is getting paid. I've seen him mortgage his home and office buildings in order to receive temporary cash while awaiting for payment for proceedures performed months before..

The govt wants my support for health care, fix the current problems they have and show me they can run the current governmental programs efficient before, not after expanding to cover everyone..
Right. And it's the insurance companies and that pick subsidize the cost for that medicare/medicaid cost that the Govt doesn't pay. Govt needs to get out of the way. It's the drag on the system.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
“that only two percent of dealer reimbursement claims have been paid since the program’s implementation and four of every five applications have been rejected for minor oversights.

You'd ***** if there was a lack of accountability and now you ***** because there is too much?
I would agree with you except for the fact that these claims are submitted electronically and should never be denied. Its a clear case of, whats the vin number of the vehicle traded in? Whats the vin number of the vehicle bought? The sum owed = $....

This is the electronic age, claims arent submitted on paper, and there is absolutely no reason for a claim to ever be denied let alone 80% of them. Any "minor oversight" should be resolved during the submittial process for the claim, not after the vehicle is out the door..

Old 08-18-2009, 11:31 AM

41,477 posts, read 56,819,873 times
Ever consider that the Medicare system is run by Republicans dedicated to saving taxpayer money instead of paying for needed care.

Old 08-18-2009, 11:33 AM

27,067 posts, read 44,283,954 times
Obama is not be trusted with any company...his inexperience has proven so!

Also his flip flopping over every subject makes it even more clear he doesn't have a clue what he is doing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies