Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 01:26 PM

17,823 posts, read 23,442,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsyguy View Post
The only reason they made the comparison is because Bush came up with The Patriot Act.
Actually, it was the Republican controlled House and the Democrat controlled Senate that gave us the USAPATRIOT Act. Presidents do not enact laws, Congress does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
Kind of like Pelosi and the protestors?
I do not recall hearing Pelosi ever say something was "Nazi", save for in the case of those protesters who were actually carrying swastikas, (see my clarification in post 159) and I do not know which protesters you are referring to, but I stand by my statement in all cases.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
I know, strange concept for a liberal: talking and listening.
Try that with YOUR dining room table sometime. Let us know how it goes. There is no point wasting the time or insulting the intelligence of other people in the room by indulging or even tolerating the programmed static of a potted plant.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:42 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
John Hodren, the Director of the White House Office of Science and Technology Policy, has advocated government forced sterilization in his 1973 book "Population and the American Predicament: The Case Against Complacency", and in the book he co-authored in 1977 with Paul Ehrlich and Anne Ehrlich "Ecoscience: Population, Resource, Environment" (ISBN 0716705672)

Can you say "Adolf Eichmann?" I knew you could.
Got anything more recent than a 32 year old academic text on hypotheses related to eco-catastrophes from overpopulation? Like, I don't know, maybe something have to do with the current health care debate?

I know you like your paranoia but come on.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only in your deluded mind. Bernanke publicly admits it's true, why won't you?
Go read the old thread instead of trying to hijack this one. After that, go spend some time upgrading your comprehension of tax policy...

Old 08-19-2009, 01:43 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
That idiot Franks that embarrassment he is needs to lose his job. He works for her
No, he works for all of his constituents, and they strongly support him.

Clinton/Frank 2016

Old 08-19-2009, 01:45 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,523,473 times
Quote:
Actually, it was the Republican controlled House and the Democrat controlled Senate that gave us the USAPATRIOT Act. Presidents do not enact laws, Congress does.
Presidents must sign bills into law. Therefore, presidents do indeed enact laws. The only time a president doesn't enact law is when Congress overrides a veto.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:45 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,931,506 times
Did both the House and Senate come up with the idea at the same time?

Quote:

Old 08-19-2009, 01:46 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So if you were the boss you would allow your employee to name call you?

Heck then why dont you go up to your boss and insult them and lets see what happens to you?

Barney works for that women.
And she can vote against him in the next election. Good luck with that.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:49 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,717,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
At a Barney Frank town hall meeting in Dartmouth, MA, a constituent asks, "Why are you supporting this Nazi policy?"

Frank responds: "On what planet do you spend most of your time?" He then calls her approach "vile, contemptible
nonsense." He closes by saying: "Trying to have a conversation with you would be like arguing with a dining room table."

Barney Frank Confronts Woman At Town Hall Comparing Obama To Hitler

omg, barney handled this rw nutbag head on.... She had the expression of a deer in headlights...
Did this stupid woman not realize that Barney Frank is a jew? She called a jew a nazi ... wow ... calling her a dining room table was nice of him!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies