Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:56 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,908,341 times

Advertisements

in case you forgot, barney frank is a PAID representative who is being PAID to address the issues, not trade insults.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
It was, of course, these kinds of programs that ultimately led to the collapse of the subprime mortgage market that wiped out trillions dollars from the economy and produced the economic turmoil that we now face.
Laughable. No products or programs developed by Fannie Mae (and certainly none developed by Herb Moses) played any part in bringing about the credit crisis at all.

Quote:
When the Bush administration proposed that oversight of Fannie and Freddie be transferred to the Treasury Department, Frank strongly opposed the plan...
Even more laughable. The so-called plan had nothing whatsoever to do with the safety and soundness of GSE operations. Like every other plan proposed by the Bush administration, it was a ploy to wedge the GSE's out of lucrative secondary mortgage market share so that their cowboy capitalist buddies on Wall Street -- the people who actually did deliberately sow the seeds of the credit crisis -- could have a larger sandbox to play in.

Quote:
he is clearly incompetent, shortsighted, and criminal in his behavior. why would anyone listen to him?
You clearly don't know so much as the first thing about how this mess was brought about. Why would anyone listen to you?

Old 08-19-2009, 07:00 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,841,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
From what I saw... the lady by not questioning the policy but rather name calling it a 'Nazi' policy, whatever the h*ll that is, she got the response she deserved.

Don't blame Barney at all...
So if you were the boss you would allow your employee to name call you?

Heck then why dont you go up to your boss and insult them and lets see what happens to you?

Barney works for that women.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,169,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
In a 100 words or less can you tell us?
Oh I can do that, a real American duct taped all their doors and windows shut then hid under their bed in the fetal position sucking their thumb after 9/11. Oh wait those cowards were conservatives.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,464,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
The dumbing down of America is the legacy of the Republican party....
Liars depend upon there being those who are willing to believe lies. Some here are not just willing, but eager.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Laughable. No products or programs developed by Fannie Mae (and certainly none developed by Herb Moses) played any part in bringing about the credit crisis at all.

Even more laughable. The so-called plan had nothing whatsoever to do with the safety and soundness of GSE operations. Like every other plan proposed by the Bush administration, it was a ploy to wedge the GSE's out of lucrative secondary mortgage market share so that their cowboy capitalist buddies on Wall Street -- the people who actually did deliberately sow the seeds of the credit crisis -- could have a larger sandbox to play in.

You clearly don't know so much as the first thing about how this mess was brought about. Why would anyone listen to you?
i ignore personal attacks.

the administration has done nothing to address the problem, nor did the democrats in the previous 2 years that they have controlled congress.

clearly, they know nothing about how to fix the problem or we would not have rising foreclosures, rising unemployment, and falling property values. it all boils down to the bottom line for working americans.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 AM

6,218 posts, read 7,725,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
Yeah, an actual American is supposed to invest honest effort toward the goal of becoming a well-informed citizen capable of reaching rational and intelligent opinions, conclusions, and decisions regarding matters of public policy.

So where did it all go wrong for you?

Frank is an elected(who knows how?)representative of the U.S. government. By ranting in a manner such as displayed in this incident, he simply lowered himself to the level of his opponent. But given his track record, that is to be expected.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:05 AM

874 posts, read 2,874,255 times
Ok. I am not usually one to post in anything political since it almost always results in people personally attacking each other and their opinions without actually discussing anything. I actually feel like expressing my opinion here and if anyone disagrees please post with reasons why instead of just calling me names since I am not going lower myself to respond to the personal attacks.

It is my opinion that for any politician to react the way he did, whether Democrat, Republican or other is ridiculous. If this was a clip of someone talking to a police officer and the police officer reacted the same way he did by yelling at the individual and personally attacking the person verbally there would be an uproar of how the officer is abusing his authority and many of the same people applauding this politician would be the first to berate the officer's actions. Politicians are supposed to be public servants such as a police officer and should act accordingly.

If the people now applauding him for his actions were treated that way while confronting him with an issue they were opposed to they would be condemning him. People should realize that regardless of whether or not they agree with the issue the politician is defending there is a certain code of conduct that the politician should follow. A more adequate response would have been to calmly say "Ma'am I am sorry but I will not allow myself to respond to questions where I feel myself or my administration are being personally attacked by the person asking the question. At this time I ask you to please rephrase the question so that I may actually respond to it. I am sorry but if you are not able to do so I will have to move on to another question presented by another person."

I will also add that this health care issue is a very important issue that will impact everyone in this country. Therefore, I do believe that people should be expected to question it. It is my opinion that anyone whom blindly wants to see this bill passed simply because they like the administration that wrote it up should rethink their position and find out more about it before saying they want it passed. I would say the same if the bill was written up by Republicans.

Again, whether Republican, Democrat, Independent, far left or far right, everyone should demand that politicians must read and understand any bill before voting "yes" to it. The fact that politicians are admitting that they are voting "yes" to any bill that they have not fully read or fully understood should be found appalling to anyone regardless of party affiliation.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:06 AM

1,653 posts, read 1,169,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
So if you were the boss you would allow your employee to name call you?

Heck then why dont you go up to your boss and insult them and lets see what happens to you?

Barney works for that women.
In that womens case, Barney Frank earned his pay.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw144 View Post
In that womens case, Barney Frank earned his pay.
that would be the first time that he earned his pay then!

nice post, egobop!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies