Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2009, 01:26 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
no one is talking about murdering a child. we are talking about the abortion of embryos. please try to use the correct terms here since abortion, legally, isn't murder and an embryo isn't a child

care to contribute something other than silly, snarky comments to this thread or is that all you can do?
thats just an early stage in a human beings development. if you kill it, you are murdering a human being. better?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2009, 01:27 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
im glad that you are glad.

now, can you agree that abortion is murdering a child?
sigh, please look up the laws of this country and come back when you fully understand what murder legally is. thank you

Old 08-21-2009, 01:28 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,379 times
Quote:
im glad that you are glad.

now, can you agree that abortion is murdering a child?
No we cannot.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:29 PM

6,025 posts, read 15,338,264 times
Quote:
thats just an early stage in a human beings development. if you kill it, you are murdering a human being. better?
so miscarriage=murder?

so still birth=murder?

seriously?

1,243 posts, read 2,808,627 times
you can't say I know nothing about pregnancy just because I have never been pregnant, look at all the men delivering babies and performing abortions, do they to know nothing about pregnancy just because they haven't been pregnant like you have? How is simply having an opinion, just as you do, make me close minded and judgmental? That is not fair...you say it is your choice to end the babies life, I say the baby has the right to live just as much as it would in the crib. Resorting to calling me close-minded and judgmental just because I do not think like you do is some what of an oxymoron.

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
well, I do find it strange, because everyone I know that has had one did regret it, and the fact that it doesn't bother you makes it sound like you went in to get your nails done or something. I'd think whether you were pro-choice or pro-life itshould bother you to have one
I've not read anything from anyone here that indicated having an abortion 'didn't bother them'. Not having regrets about it is not the same as it 'not bothering' them.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:30 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,669,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
sigh, please look up the laws of this country and come back when you fully understand what murder legally is. thank you
is that a joke? laws change. they are proof of nothing.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:30 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
you can't say I know nothing about pregnancy just because I have never been pregnant, look at all the men delivering babies and performing abortions, do they to know nothing about pregnancy just because they haven't been pregnant like you have? How is simply having an opinion, just as you do, make me close minded and judgmental? That is not fair...you say it is your choice to end the babies life, I say the baby has the right to live just as much as it would in the crib. Resorting to calling me close-minded and judgmental just because I do not think like you do is some what of an oxymoron.
Fine, I should have said ignorant, in that your supposed knowledge was not based on facts.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:31 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,750,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AT9 View Post
An ultrasound should be required, IMO. Women should know that they're killing a person, and that it's not a euphemism soaked termination of some simple cell. Some of the comments on here have made it seem as if going to have an abortion should be like going to get a haircut. Just a simple, everyday decision. The fact is that an abortion DOES end a life. Whether or not you believe abortion should be legal or not, that fact is indisputable. At the very least, the baby being killed should have the dignity of being treated as a person before its life is ended.
If, as was the case with me, the abortion takes place less than half-way through the first trimester, an ultrasound is totally useless.

Old 08-21-2009, 01:31 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,808,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
If you have not discussed it with them, how do you know they feel bad?

So you just talk about it with other friends behind their backs? That's pretty obnoxious.

You cannot get an elective hysterectomy for birth control purposes.
Not their pregnancies, I have discussions of pro-life verses pro-choice with other friends, I know they felt bad because they cried to me after wards, however I would not want to tell them while they are crying to me that they felt bad for aborting their baby that 'yea I'm pro-life I don't think you should have done that' what purpose would that have served?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies