Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,916,911 times

Advertisements

[quote=mackinac81;10372357]
Quote:

Most people are pro-choice because they don't think the fetus is a person..
I think that you are wrong, most of the people that are pro choice believe that it is the right of the pregnant woman to make her own decision about whether to have an abortion or not. The pro choice side of the argument is based on the belief that each person should have the right to control their own body and that nobody else has the right to tell a woman what they can or cannot do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 05:31 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
What do you think a woman thinks she is carrying? A head of lettuce?
Sure buddy.

Does she know the risks and consequences of having this surgery?

No, on second thought, you're right, education is not the answer, it's the problem.

Abortions are forever, just talk to anyone that has had one.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 PM

4,070 posts, read 5,603,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
No, but mistakes occur, and circumstances change.

Sorry, but kids are not mistakes. That's a really sad, selfish thing to say.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:38 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Oh yes because NO woman is EVER raped and becomes pregnant as a result.
Incest SURELY doesn't happen and OF COURSE pregnancy NEVER interferes with a woman's quality of health or life where it becomes a VERY serious matter.
That is less than 2 percent of abortions are from rape etc. Clearly I'm not talking about those situations as one would be an idiot to think that a raped women was irresponsible some how and that is what led to her being violated.

Quote:
0.3%; in cases of risk to maternal health or life,
Quote:
About 98% of abortions in the United States are elective, including socio-economic reasons or for birth control.
Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
This goes to the women who seek abortions are immoral argument. Women who have unwanted pregnancies are immoral or stupid, right? That's your argument, you should state it plainly.
Look up please. I said nothing about morality nor being stupid. I said irresponsible. Do you make things up all the time or only half?

Quote:
Maybe in your opinion, my philosophy is wrong, but I'm happy to say that the law is on my side.

It sounds like you believe abortions should be illegal. I doubt you'll live to see the day that that happens in the U.S.
Slavery was legal and we all now that was wrong. So abortion for the couples/women who use it as birth control should be illegal in my opinion!

Old 08-20-2009, 05:51 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,735,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergoingback View Post
Does she know the risks and consequences of having this surgery?
Yes, as a matter of fact.

The procedure was explained to me, in detail, along with all risks and possible complications.

The stage of embryonic development was also explained in detail.

That was 24 years ago.

The biggest consequences for me were that I was able to free myself from all physical reminders of a violent, stalking relationship, pursue my education, and raise two children that were wanted and loved.

My grandmother, aunts, and mother supported me throughout. They saw no reason for my life to be a disaster because of a birth control failure. All four had experienced the loss of a pregnancy (some by miscarriage, others not) and knew that sometimes nature gets things wrong.

Old 08-20-2009, 08:06 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
That is less than 2 percent of abortions are from rape etc. Clearly I'm not talking about those situations as one would be an idiot to think that a raped women was irresponsible some how and that is what led to her being violated.

Reasons given for having abortions in the United States

Look up please. I said nothing about morality nor being stupid. I said irresponsible. Do you make things up all the time or only half?

Slavery was legal and we all now that was wrong. So abortion for the couples/women who use it as birth control should be illegal in my opinion!
Are you one of the repubs who don't want UHC because you think the government will make medical decisions for you?

Then maybe you can address the followiing:

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
The Repugs don't want the government to have a decision in their health care (and that wouldn't happen under Obama's plan)

BUT

they want abortion made illegal....they want the government to tell WOMEN what they can and can't do.

The Repugs want WOMEN to have "counseling" ....

BUT

those facing terminal illness should receive NO informatiopn or counseling because the Repugs think that's a "death panel".

Old 08-20-2009, 09:55 PM

838 posts, read 922,066 times
Quote:
Provisions are struck down that would have required every patient seeking an abortion to receive an ultrasound and a doctor's description of the fetus.

Oklahoma abortion law overturned -- latimes.com
It's very sad for humanity and unborn people.

Old 08-20-2009, 10:04 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,999,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Are you one of the repubs who don't want UHC because you think the government will make medical decisions for you?

The Repugs don't want the government to have a decision in their health care (and that wouldn't happen under Obama's plan)

BUT

they want abortion made illegal....they want the government to tell WOMEN what they can and can't do.

BUT

those facing terminal illness should receive NO informatiopn or counseling because the Repugs think that's a "death panel".
What is a repug? How old are you?

First off you nor anyone on this board know what is is the health care bill because we don't have one. We have some loose knit principles TelePrompter in chief is doing a crappy job selling.

Second, what is you post trying to say? Are you trying to say abortion is health care? Their is a fundamental difference in thinking here. YOu think people should have the right to have unprotected sex when they are not ready to have a family and think it is irresponsibility. Stop dirtying the water with these idiotic arguments.

Yes you!

Old 08-20-2009, 10:32 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,271,474 times
[quote=mackinac81;10372357]
Quote:

What...it's not enough for me to say they shouldn't be required? Do I have to say they're a bad idea too? Where did I say women had to get ultrasounds? I simply said it wouldn't be a bad idea! Why are people on both sides so damned defensive about abortion??? For the record, I don't think women who get abortions are evil (Some think so, I know). Abortion is a very painful choice. Most people are pro-choice because they don't think the fetus is a person. Pro-life people think it is. But then, on Abortion, it seems nobody is interested in respecful debate anyway....
You did not say it wouldn't be a bad idea, you said it would be a good idea for women to have ultrasounds. Big difference just from the wording.
My question is good for whom? You?
I get defensive because it's my body, not yours, that's an incubator.
I get defensive because I'm not someone's chattel.
I get defensive because it's my body and my rights, not yours to give or take from me.

The arrogance of you trying to insert yourself into the most basic of my rights, reproductive decisions, is beyond the pale.
And no, no matter what you think or feel, you will never know what it feels like for a woman to be pregnant.

Since you'll never be in that situation, it's an abstract to you.
It's a reality to women.

Once you can get pregnant, then you get a say in what might be good, or not bad, for me.
Until then, butt out.

Last edited by chielgirl; 08-20-2009 at 10:44 PM..

Old 08-21-2009, 05:04 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
What is a repug? How old are you?

Democrat= "leftist" Republican= repug. (nice try at deflection but it won't work)

"""First off you nor anyone on this board know what is is the health care bill because we don't have one. We have some loose knit principles TelePrompter in chief is doing a crappy job selling. """

Teleprompter in chief ? How old ARE you?

"""Second, what is you post trying to say? Are you trying to say abortion is health care? """

I am not TRYING to say anything, I said it....try READING it. I never said abortion is health care.

Their is a fundamental difference in thinking here. YOu think people should have the right to have unprotected sex when they are not ready to have a family and think it is irresponsibility.""""

Yes, I think it's irresponsible and NO WHERE, LIAR. DID I SAY IT WASN'T.

However, people are human and will continue to have sex and you can't stop it....unwanted pregnancies will end when every man born has a vasectomy at birth...ONLY then.

Stop dirtying the water with these idiotic arguments.""

Yes you!
"dirtying the water? LOL! Simple questions, simple statement, no big words....just follow the words...Yes, YOU!

BUT

BUT

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies