Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 05:11 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times

Advertisements

Trial in rape, slaying of young TN couple begins - WQOW TV: Eau Claire, WI NEWS18 News, Weather, and Sports
This happened two years ago and the trial is beginning. Why is it that the Duke Lacrosse rape case got wall to wall national coverage and this case was virtually ignored by the national press. In the Duke case it was white students and a black woman. In this case it was black youths and a white couple. Below is what they did to the man and then to the woman.

They were bound, blindfolded and brought to Davidson's rundown rental home in an industrial inner-city neighborhood about six miles away. According to defendants' statements, Newsom wasn't there long before he was taken away, sexually assaulted, shot in the back of the head, set on fire and left beside some railroad tracks a few blocks away.
Over the next day, Christian was repeatedly raped, bleach was sprayed in her mouth to destroy evidence and, Coleman told investigators, Davidson broke her neck. A medical examiner has testified that she suffocated after she was wrapped in plastic bags and dumped in a closed trash can.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:12 PM

I propose they sell raffle tickets and then do drawings. Each winner gets to kill the animal. The money raised would go to the family of their victims.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:14 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,882 times
well duh....the liberal media doesn't want to report things that make blacks look bad. haven't you figured that out yet?

Old 08-19-2009, 05:15 PM

843 posts, read 1,298,258 times
I live in the Knoxville area. This was terrible and senseless. I was saying the same thing the other day. Why no CNN or NBC etc????

It doesn't fit the pre-selected criteria. If it were black victims and white perpertrators then this would be all over the news. They would even say the white people were right-wing extremists.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:53 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Anyone remember the Central Park Jogger? She was a 30 something investment banker out for an early morning run in NYC's Central Park. She was beaten/raped/left for dead. She did in fact almost die. But she didn't. Six black youths some as young as twelve were arrested, indicted, convicted and served... I don't know... 15, 20 years before being exonerated by DNA evidence.

Not every crime makes national news. Would you want them to? Isn't there enough pain already? If these guys are guilty, of course they deserve to be punished but they might not be. They might be convenient scapegoats. Sadly, proving their innocence given their huge handicap of being black would take a "dream team". What is the likelihood of such a thing happening?

There is much more to this than is being reported. Use your heads. This couple were being punished for something and it wasn't for being white. How is this different from a Mob hit? Why sell tickets to a lynching? What is that about? Hmmmm.

H

Old 08-19-2009, 05:57 PM

870 posts, read 1,626,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Anyone remember the Central Park Jogger? She was a 30 something investment banker out for an early morning run in NYC's Central Park. She was beaten/raped/left for dead. She did in fact almost die. But she didn't. Six black youths some as young as twelve were arrested, indicted, convicted and served... I don't know... 15, 20 years before being exonerated by DNA evidence.

Not every crime makes national news. Would you want them to? Isn't there enough pain already? If these guys are guilty, of course they deserve to be punished but they might not be. They might be convenient scapegoats. Sadly, proving their innocence given their huge handicap of being black would take a "dream team". What is the likelihood of such a thing happening?

There is much more to this than is being reported. Use your heads. This couple were being punished for something and it wasn't for being white. How is this different from a Mob hit? Why sell tickets to a lynching? What is that about? Hmmmm.

H
dang...i didn't know being black was a handicap. man....that sounded racist.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:58 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,606,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthPoleMarathoner View Post
I live in the Knoxville area. This was terrible and senseless. I was saying the same thing the other day. Why no CNN or NBC etc????

It doesn't fit the pre-selected criteria. If it were black victims and white perpertrators then this would be all over the news. They would even say the white people were right-wing extremists.
Commentary: Where is the outrage when humans are abused? - CNN.com

Old 08-19-2009, 05:59 PM

And your post proved my point. If whites were the victims and blacks were the criminals then the national press virtually ignores the story. Duke Lacrosse rape case got wall to wall national coverage right up until the Lacrosse team were proven to be innocent the the rape victim proven to be a liar and then the press put the story away without one single apology to the Lacrosse team for the press painting them as racist rapist.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post

H

Old 08-19-2009, 06:02 PM

Good job in searching and finding a mention of this story in a personal commentary article. Now where was the wall to wall national news coverage like with the Duke Lacrosse case?

Old 08-19-2009, 06:06 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,202,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
And your post proved my point. If whites were the victims and blacks were the criminals then the national press virtually ignores the story. Duke Lacrosse rape case got wall to wall national coverage right up until the Lacrosse team were proven to be innocent the the rape victim proven to be a liar and then the press put the story away without one single apology to the Lacrosse team for the press painting them as racist rapist.
How does that prove your point? Several violent crimes that were allegedly perpetrated by blacks against whites were elevated to national news attention. And to add, quite a few of those were shown to be hoaxes. I don't think I should have to remind you of the one that occurred just during this last presidential campaign.

I don't know where this myth gained traction that the media doesn't report crimes that black people commit. The local news covered them quite thoroughly, as was stated in the article. And the national news has bigger fish to fry at present.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies