Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,956,563 times

Advertisements

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_819513.pdf (broken link)

Q3 Do you think the government should stay out of
Medicare? If yes, press 1. If no, press 2. If
you’re not sure, press 3.
Yes .................................................. ............... 39%
No................................................ ................... 46%
Not Sure.............................................. ............. 15%

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 08:24 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,464,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/pdf/PPP_Release_National_819513.pdf (broken link)

I tried that poll here, but it only seemed to confuse people.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:08 PM

6,233 posts, read 9,479,903 times
Well, don't come crying to us when you turn 65 then.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:24 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post

Do you consider Hawaii to be part of the United
States? If yes, press 1. If no, press 2. If
Yes .................................................. ............... 90%
No................................................ ................... 6%
Not Sure.............................................. ............ 4%

LOL

Ken

Old 08-20-2009, 06:28 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,850,642 times
Perhaps what they mean is should government stop from messing around with Medicare... I think that is where the confusion lies... an explanation with each answer would be a better poll to make sure they understand it.... and then allow them to change their answer... of course, it must be explained in an impartial manner... just make sure ACORN isn't doing it... lol...

Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,259 times
How do you keep the government out of Medicare? I thought it was a government run program? What, do people want private donations?

Old 08-20-2009, 11:58 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,326,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb64282 View Post
How do you keep the government out of Medicare? I thought it was a government run program?
Yup.
Clearly there are a lot of stupid people out there.

Ken

Old 08-20-2009, 02:25 PM

197 posts, read 378,778 times
... this stuff is just so dissapointing, it is why i do not even try to talk to people anymore. Everyone thinks they have everything figured out no one will tell them otherwise. Generally people have everything so backwards its mind boggling how they came to such conclusions in the first place. For this reason a lone is why i really have lost all hope for any kind of real progress. The simple fact is that the general populous are just so ignorant its not even funny...

Really though, if your living in America how do you not know what Medicare is? and if your receiving it how do you not know how it works?? Whats even better is if people don't want the government to mess with their Medicare, then where the crap do they think the money comes from? or who runs the program?? I honestly think people just stopped thinking all together and with that went logic.. That is the best i can figure.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansen View Post
... this stuff is just so dissapointing, it is why i do not even try to talk to people anymore. Everyone thinks they have everything figured out no one will tell them otherwise. Generally people have everything so backwards its mind boggling how they came to such conclusions in the first place. For this reason a lone is why i really have lost all hope for any kind of real progress. The simple fact is that the general populous are just so ignorant its not even funny...

Really though, if your living in America how do you not know what Medicare is? and if your receiving it how do you not know how it works?? Whats even better is if people don't want the government to mess with their Medicare, then where the crap do they think the money comes from? or who runs the program?? I honestly think people just stopped thinking all together and with that went logic.. That is the best i can figure.
You think that's odd?

How about the repugs who don't want the government making their health care decisions but think nothing of butting in to womens' health care and having the government make THEIR health care decisions????

No thinking, no logic...the foundation of repugs belief.

Old 08-20-2009, 02:45 PM

1,243 posts, read 2,809,259 times
ooohhh I missed the at the bottom, I thought somebody actually wanted us to discuss keeping the government out of Medicare lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies