Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 05:46 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,375,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
Can you imagine how many would believe it true if Obama said it was?
Why do y'all think most of the people that voted for Barrack Obama believe every word he says.

He is a politician, and I knew he lied, and would continue to do so. Generally, most of the people I know that voted for Obama aren't idiots, and if he told us the world was flat, we would know he was full of it.

What you're probably inferring, is that we believe there is a healthcare problem, because he has told us there is one. In fact, the last 4 Presidents have alluded to a healthcare pricing problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 06:04 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:

Probably far less than the number who believe the earth is 6000 years old because some money-grubbing Bible thumper says so.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 AM

3,199 posts, read 4,314,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Probably far less than the number who believe the earth is 6000 years old because some money-grubbing Bible thumper says so.
Sorry to steal your thunder, but I view politicians and preachers with the same healthy skepticism.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:21 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,344,425 times
Quote:
Sorry to steal your thunder, but I view politicians and preachers with the same healthy skepticism.

At least with politicians there's a chance of getting something back

Old 08-20-2009, 06:23 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/ap_on_re_us/us_fact_check_health_poll - broken link)

55% believe that lie.

45% believe the death panels lie.
You need to check your own facts cause you aren't fooling anyone... everyone knows Obama and Congress wants to give Amnesty AFTER the fact... so yes, it will cover illegals because they will be given legal status... nobody is stupid enough to think otherwise... winners? Big Business, entertainers (service providers), etc.. losers? Americans (i.e. legal citizens) and the MILLIONS of other people waiting to become American citizens......

Death panels although it is only incorrect technically, it is correct on a deeper level... the goal of "end of life care" is to reduce costs and the ONLY way to reduce costs is to limit choices on what you can do... this is only the first step in which physicians will consult with their patients and try to convince them to die a "little bit faster"... there will be words like "expensive" "low quality of life" thrown around to "help" you decide to end it a bit earlier (which I am FOR, by the way)... the second step is to eliminate options... DNR, no ventilation, no feeding tube, etc. etc... all of which will prematurely end your life (probably a few days to a few weeks)... the third step if the other two don't reduce costs cause that IS the ultimate goal of why we have it in the first place is to limit medical intervention... which means, even if you want it, it won't be a choice you can pick from... its all to reduce costs... who wins? Insurance industries since they pay a heavy sum for this kind of care and if its law that they don't have to provide it, guess what is going to happen... I think its a misconception that people think living a few more days/weeks is a "bad" thing... sometime when its your time, its your time... perhaps there should be a counselor to talk you through your imminent death instead of offering choices... which I think is what the government really wants to happen but are hiding behind words like "end of life care"... winners? Insurance companies, saves them a bundle of money... no real losers, unless you think a few days/weeks is worth a few thousands of dollars...

Old 08-20-2009, 06:25 AM

3,074 posts, read 4,723,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by compJockey View Post
FACT CHECK: Health overhaul myths taking root - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090819/ap_on_re_us/us_fact_check_health_poll - broken link)

55% believe that lie.

45% believe the death panels lie.

So they will make them Legal, real simple. They get it now, get real....

Old 08-20-2009, 06:34 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,444,984 times
Quote:
LOL - I think that if Obama were to that the Sun rises in the east, there'd be plenty of people (pathetically dumb people) who would absolutely convinced in their teeny tiny minds that he was wrong ... for no reason other than the fact that he said it.

Hatred will blind anyone to the truth.

Old 08-20-2009, 06:36 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGene View Post
LOL - I think that if Obama were to that the Sun rises in the east, there'd be plenty of people (pathetically dumb people) who would absolutely convinced in their teeny tiny minds that he was wrong ... for no reason other than the fact that he said it.

Hatred will blind anyone to the truth.
Yup the same way if Obama said the sun rises in the west... tons of woshippers would believe that and go along with the "science" community to promote it... sort of like man-made global warming... oppss...

Old 08-20-2009, 06:43 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,752,379 times
If a sick person needs medical attention I think they should be taken care of regardless of their legal status. I think illegal immigrants should be able to get primary care to be treated before they get really sick and need emergency room care. This also applies to the indigents and drug addicts all over our country. This is not only a proper thing to do it is in the long run less costly.

Illegal immigrants are still people. The folks on this board opposed to a Universal Health Care system seem to assume that they will never be too sick to get private insurance or too poor to afford to pay for it. They forget that wealth can be lost as well as gained.

IMHO the argument is not that a UHC system is needed but who pays for it. The opponents are mostly willing to pay for an ineffective military Empire but do not care to help keep the country healthy. This is completely immoral selfishness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies