Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:56 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times

Advertisements

I give up on cable news for the most part. Left/Right/Whatever. I get tired of hearing the same people say the same things over and over. I really only turn on the news if something major happened that I want to hear about. The day to day stuff, the haters and fanboys, hold no interest for me.

My mom used to watch Fox news exclusively. She was angry and bitter and we were always getting into fights. They raised the rate on her cable so she cancelled it and now just watches local news shows and reads the paper. She is much calmer now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 01:01 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,291,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I give up on cable news for the most part. Left/Right/Whatever. I get tired of hearing the same people say the same things over and over. I really only turn on the news if something major happened that I want to hear about. The day to day stuff, the haters and fanboys, hold no interest for me.

My mom used to watch Fox news exclusively. She was angry and bitter and we were always getting into fights. They raised the rate on her cable so she cancelled it and now just watches local news shows and reads the paper. She is much calmer now.

Yea true when you take a step back you have to always remind yourself this is a for profit entity, that is not giving information, but more so providing information that i'll find entertaining otherwise, why bother watching it. It would be nice to have a no spin news network, that just reported the news as is with no spin just the facts, i think a lot of people on both sides or at least in the middle are longing for something like this

Old 08-20-2009, 01:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
GE still makes decent light bulbs. I like Heintz catsup. I also make it a point to buy CITCO gasoline because I support the reforms being made by Venezelela's Chavez.
Why dont you move to Venezelela then? See how wonderful Chavez is really

Old 08-20-2009, 04:03 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
CNBC's ratings are down. This writer suggests that it's because the market has been improving.

Why you've stopped watching CNBC. - By Daniel Gross - Slate Magazine (http://www.slate.com/id/2224257/pagenum/all/ - broken link)

I do think it's possible that they're stressing the bad news because bad news gets ratings; good news is considered boring.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:17 PM

51 posts, read 110,519 times
Mark Haines is a joke!! Why do they keep this joker? Remember his rant? " This is my show and I do what I want to"...If u disagree you're the enemy. GE got big contracts from the government...another Enron?

Old 08-20-2009, 05:29 PM

51 posts, read 110,519 times
Default Dennis Kneale

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorock99 View Post
I had it with some of the stupid a** fat CNBC anchors like Mark Hains and the dumb air head Erin Burnett. I was watching the channel this morning and they were enthusiastically celebrating a rise in jobless claims, wtf, are they freaking serious???

It is one thing to disagree with the President and his policy, it is another thing to hope and pray for the failure of your fellow American citizen. These people are starting to make me want to vomit. I actively trade and this station has lost a significant amount of credibility with me over the last 8 months (not that they had much credibility with me to begin with). Bloomberg television is much less entertaining, but there is no unhealthy spinning of ideas. CNBC, must be getting under the table money from some right wing nuts. This station is a joke and if it was not for a few decent anchors and economist on staff i doubt I'd even watch the show. They were never like this until Obama came into office. Now, i'm not sure if they were this negative during the Clinton years, but i suspect, it would have been much harder.
Did they get rid of Dennis Kneale??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies