Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:44 PM

97 posts, read 101,986 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
Please, know your history first.

America was brought into WWI and WWII because we were attacked. Both wars started years before we were forced to join in.

Vietnam was a major blunder of more than one adminstration (Eisenhower, JFK, LBJ and Nixon)

It would be another 8 years before LBJ was president.

Pointing fingers without knowing what you are pointing at just hurts your argument. There are facts you can use to discredit liberals, but these stretches of the truth only make you seem ignorant or delusional.

If you want to discredit Liberals, just use JFK or Carter's presidencies...they are FULL of blunders.
In this current war we were attacked, I was pointing out the hypocracy of the other poster

Please know your history

I understand that we were attacked in a round about way (the lusitania in 1916 in WW1) but in WW2, Germany did not attack us, Japan did. We rushed to the aid of oppressed peoples (western Europe) (sound familiar???) and then allied ourselves with a dictator just as bloodthirsty as Hitler (Stalin)

You make excuses for the Dems here but fail to see the real picture that both parties are equally responsible for violence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 12:45 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,699,990 times
I didn't read through this thread, but the Republican Party began as the progressive party to end slavery. The Democrats were the conservative / status quo party. The likes of Lincoln and Teddy Roosevelt would definitely be Democrats today.

So, slide that one over to the other column.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,668,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
Might not care for these sources...but it's a start to follow up on.

A Layman's short History of Gun Control in America

T-Nation.com | States with Very Restrictive Gun Laws
i'm not clear on how this is a response to my post.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:47 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,063,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
haha... who did the ecoterrorists kill? or even hurt?

are you going to apologize to me for calling me a liar?
What, because they actually didn't kill anyone? They didn't care if they did, they just got lucky. I don't need to apologize to you..

Old 08-20-2009, 12:50 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,699,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
What, because they actually didn't kill anyone? They didn't care if they did, they just got lucky. I don't need to apologize to you..
Actually, that's not really true. While I don't condone the actions of ecoterrorists, they tend to strike new housing developments at night (when no one's there) or unoccupied vehicles (such as Hummers). Some liberate animals.

I can't personally think of an incident in which they actually killed anybody or set out to, though there may be a few. They tend to target property.

Again - their actions are very counter-productive, but they're usually not murderers.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:51 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,617,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Actually, that's not really true. While I don't condone the actions of ecoterrorists, they tend to strike new housing developments at night (when no one's there) or unoccupied vehicles (such as Hummers). Some liberate animals.

I can't personally think of an incident in which they actually killed anybody or set out to, though there may be a few. They tend to target property.

Again - their actions are very counter-productive, but they're usually not murderers.
Well, The Clintons had Vince Foster killed..does that count?

Old 08-20-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
you called me a liar for saying that there have been numerous instances of right-wing violence since obama was elected.

when i listed them, you said they weren't right wingers. when i pointed out that they were, you said "nyah nyah but the left do it tooooo" and listed a bunch of attacks on property.

if you had a shred of intellectual honesty or integrity you would admit you were wrong when you called me a liar and move on to trying to refute my points, instead of playing these dumb little partisan fingers-in-the-ears games.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:54 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,534,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Well, The Clintons had Vince Foster killed..does that count?

WTF...you go from bad to worst anytime you can't make your point with facts.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
the article robertgibbs linked to specifically says that no one has ever been hurt or killed in any of these incidents.

i'm not condoning destroying or damaging property, but it's on a different level from shooting at people.

Old 08-20-2009, 12:55 PM

843 posts, read 1,297,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Yeah, you're right.

The right just prefers to go overseas and kill foreign people we don't even know.
Yep.

WWI Woodrow Wilson
WWII Roosevelt
Korea Truman
Vietnam Kennedy/Johnson
Somalia/Bosnia/Afghanistan/Kosovo Clinton

The Democrats never go overseas to kill people. LOLs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies