Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:57 PM

1,878 posts, read 2,059,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post
you called me a liar for saying that there have been numerous instances of right-wing violence since obama was elected.

when i listed them, you said they weren't right wingers. when i pointed out that they were, you said "nyah nyah but the left do it tooooo" and listed a bunch of attacks on property.

if you had a shred of intellectual honesty or integrity you would admit you were wrong when you called me a liar and move on to trying to refute my points, instead of playing these dumb little partisan fingers-in-the-ears games.
That's not what I said. I said you can't say they were right wingers, becasue you personally don't know them. AND 3 doesn't equate to numerous, so yes, you weren't really telling the truth in the way you put it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM

1,806 posts, read 5,691,675 times
Quote:
i'm not clear on how this is a response to my post.
How history has a way of being represented. And how the argument used as reasoning might be...what's the word? Manipulated.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:00 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,639,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
That's not what I said. I said you can't say they were right wingers, becasue you personally don't know them. AND 3 doesn't equate to numerous, so yes, you weren't really telling the truth in the way you put it.
do you want me to cut and paste my response again? these guys all had documented right-wing ties and motivations.

i'll use your own logic on you:

you don't know any eco-terrorists personally, so you can't say they're on the left.

you also don't know obama personally, so you can't say he's on the left.

and i happen to think that 3 politically motivated shootings in less than 3 months is a lot. it's certainly a lot more than is usual. but if you don't, i guess that's a matter of opinion.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:02 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,639,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 33458 View Post
How history has a way of being represented. And how the argument used as reasoning might be...what's the word? Manipulated.
you're still not making any sense, sorry.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM

Quote:
do you want me to cut and paste my response again? these guys all had documented right-wing ties and motivations.

you don't know any eco-terrorists personally, so you can't say they're on the left.

and i happen to think that 3 politically motivated shootings in less than 3 months is a lot. it's certainly a lot more than is usual. but if you don't, i guess that's a matter of opinion.
oh ok, you have shown me the left sided light. ok. 3=numerous. 2+2=6, etc. Show me their documented right wing ties. Just because someone is a 2nd amendment believer doesn't make him a right-winger. That holocaust guy was far left if anything. He was a Nazi sympathizer.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:12 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,703,726 times
Quote:
when lincoln was president, the republican party was the progressive party. i'm simplifying a bit, but the democrats at the time supported limited government and states' rights. sound familiar? booth wasn't opposed to lincoln's "republican war policies", he was opposed to the abolition of slavery. talk about twisting the truth to suit your motives.

i also wouldn't say that being pro-palestine/anti-israel is the sole domain of leftists, although some leftists take that stance. pat buchanan is anti-israel and i wouldn't call him left wing. i don't know what sirhan sirhan's political views were, but calling him left-wing just because he's pro-palestine is a pretty big logical leap.

and we have right-wingers condoning murder in this very thread while simultaneously calling the left violent (based on events the most recent of which was over 40 years ago). wow.

let's see, in the past year on the right we've got:

the holocaust museum shooter
the guy who shot up the church
the guy who shot 5 cops in pittsburgh
the guy who shot tiller

i feel like i'm forgetting someone...

your turn, righties, what's the left done lately?
Your John Wayne Gacy to our Ted Bundy. Evil is evil and you can match tit for tat down the line. You had the Weathermen and the Students for a Democratic society and we have plenty of nutjobs with guns running around. Nut is as nuts does.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:

I don't know dude. Did you mean the 5 cops that got shot in Jersey in July? If so, that had nothing to do with someone thinking that Obama is going to take his guns away, those were bank robbers being chased by the police and it ended up in a shootout. What 5 cops are you talking about?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertGibbs View Post
I don't know dude, I think you're fibbing again. Did you mean the 5 cops that got shot in Jersey in July? If so, that had nothing to do with someone thinking that Obama is going to take his guns away, those were bank robbers being chased by the police and it ended up in a shootout. What 5 cops are you talking about?
Correction. I found the article, it was 3 cops. Sorry for that one, but it still doesn't say in the article that he was a right winger.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:18 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,610,333 times
All you have to do is study the 60's.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:20 PM

18,337 posts, read 26,404,089 times
Mao, Stalin, Pol Pot, all leftists...there is good reason to fear giving extreme leftists power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies