Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 01:08 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
“I know there’s been a lot of misinformation in this debate, and there are some folks out there who are frankly bearing false witness,” Mr. Obama told a multidenominational group of pastors, rabbis and other religious leaders who support his goal to remake the nation’s health care system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/us...bama.html?_r=1

well lets see,
being cocky did not do it
pressing congress to step to it did not work
strong arming blue dogs did not work
laughing at the protesters did not work
unleashing the dems to attack to protesters did not work
fear and trembling did not work
so now he has resorted to guilt whipping the folks
that will not work either!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 01:10 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,208,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
I think it's a moral obligation, too.
A country is known by how it treats its least fortunate.

does this include the unborn?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:25 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,466,505 times
Quote:
“I know there’s been a lot of misinformation in this debate, and there are some folks out there who are frankly bearing false witness,” Mr. Obama told a multidenominational group of pastors, rabbis and other religious leaders who support his goal to remake the nation’s health care system.

It is a moral obligation, he's right. Something the right wing is void of.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:43 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:

A moral obligation? Really? Wait, I thought this was a secular government? What right or responsibility does it have to moral grounds? Who defines morality and what makes their morality correct? I don't see a list or moral guide lines in the constitution, so why must we follow this directive "morally".

What are Obama's Morals? He hasn't specifically designated them. He hasn't identified his direct position in them and what gives them the right to proclaim it ours as well? Does this president not respect individual religion? Does he not respect Separation of Church and state?

Seriously, if you are going to play the "Lets get one on the Christians" then you have to ACT like one to do so. All to which Obama has held to with his plans are FAR from holding to Christian values. That is... unless you are one to pick and choose as you will to formulate your own premise. Then, well... it fits those described in the Bible perfectly.

This is nothing more than politics that is assumptive, uninformed, and honestly... outright stupid in its understanding of the "Conservative Christians" it is attempting to guilt.

They must think we are complete idiots. Oh wait... they do, thats what they have been proclaiming for ages. Oh yes, we will follow along like good little idiots! We will be just like the moronic flock that gathers to your cause!

Sorry, Liberalism and its causes are for the foolish and completely stupid. Those tricks only work on them. We ain't buying!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
It is a moral obligation, he's right. Something the right wing is void of.
1) Define morality.
2) Explain why your morality defined is greater than all others.

Whats that? In a conflict there? Can't do it? Can't hold to your precious "Moral reltivity" position and push this cause at the same time?

Whats that? You are going to change the rules mid stream, going to "redefine" some things to fit your demands?

You have pushed yourself in a corner. You can accept as such and then hold an absolute position on a value, or you can try to explain your way out of it trying to hold to two systems at the same time.

Lets see what it will be. I am waiting... explain...?

Old 08-20-2009, 01:51 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:

And the group of religious leaders agree that "all of Gods children" need health care.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:52 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy1 View Post
Yes and we already have medicaid, welfare and homeless shelters so we have many programs out there for the less fortunate

These are admirable programs although there are some who abuse these systems

How exactly would you recommend that we deal with the less fortunate better?
Let them pay a reasonable rate for health care. Not just ER visits. I mean total health care.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
does this include the unborn?
It won't, they will create an elaborate excuse as why it does not (just as soon as they consult their talking point sites).

If anything, this should show them to be the fakes that they are. That these "extreme" liberals will lie, cheat, steal, and murder (thats right folks) to conform people to their ways.

They hold to no cause, they hold to only what they "feel" at the moment. How convenient for them as that changes constantly and they so simply adjust their position with that ever changing system of belief.

I have had many liberal friends over the years, some were mild and some were extreme. The mild ones I view as simply "in disagreement", while the extreme ones I view as simply enemies that deserve complete eradication.

Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
This is great! Now the left is demanding that we legislate morality!

Old 08-20-2009, 01:54 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,766,749 times
Quote:

Like, he should open his mouth, show the world he's ignernt. What would Abe think about him now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies