Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 08:50 PM

97 posts, read 101,254 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy1 View Post
Yeas, it does need to have some things fixed. The thing is that the left wants no real debate and no concessions on the issue. They are saying public option or nothing which is not what the majority of Americans want

Better plan would be to lower taxes on all businesses and then have the excess money made from the tax savings go into a intercompany fund for healthcare coverage only. This would ensure that every employed American would have healthcare.

Keep medicare for the unemployed and those trying to overcome joblessness and keep medicare for the elderly and infirmed.

Tort reform and immigration laws being enforced would save the system even more $
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
By giving ALL Americans affordable health care.

Many CHRISTIAN leaders in that conference agreed with Obama.

Too bad so many "christians" have no moral directives or ethics nor love for their fellow humans nor sympathy for the sick ......as their Jesus did.
How about my plan above? Nobody except illegals is left out and you don't have to raise taxes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2009, 09:05 PM

817 posts, read 850,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
“I know there’s been a lot of misinformation in this debate, and there are some folks out there who are frankly bearing false witness,” Mr. Obama told a multidenominational group of pastors, rabbis and other religious leaders who support his goal to remake the nation’s health care system.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/20/us...bama.html?_r=1
I wish people would start thinking for themselves rather than just accepting the B.S. Obama keeps dishing out.

Old 08-20-2009, 11:26 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,181,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tolstoy1 View Post
Yes and we already have medicaid, welfare and homeless shelters so we have many programs out there for the less fortunate

These are admirable programs although there are some who abuse these systems

How exactly would you recommend that we deal with the less fortunate better?
I believe that this is a thread on health care.
That's a nice start, for all of us.

Old 08-21-2009, 05:49 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,491,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Obama's even risking going to church now to get some support? I think the poor guy is out of options.

Yeah....it's creepy too. I mean here's a guy who hasn't been in any hurry to find a church for he and his family. He snubbed the National Day of Prayer! But he did "somehow" find time for the Gay and Lesbian group to come to the White House and celebrate that.

He's just "using" this as a tool! And I find that despicable!

Now think about how the left would be foaming at the mouth anythime Bush mention the Lord! The Libs would be like a lot of little Paul Reveres yelling,

"SEPARARTION OF CHURCH AND STATE!!" "SEPARATION OF CHURCH AND STATE" !!!

Old 08-21-2009, 06:25 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,181,452 times
Keep your religion out of my government.
Oh, and please learn how to use the spellcheck feature.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:42 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,851,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Keep your religion out of my government.
Oh, and please learn how to use the spellcheck feature.
shouldn't you be telling that to obama with his "moral imperative"? who is he to determine what is moral for america???

why not set up individual health care accounts, using the money that is ALREADY going to health care? people could shop around for the best rates for the services that they need and could keep any money left over in their account at the end of the year. this encourages personal responsibility, which we seem to be ignoring in this country anymore and rewards good management of funds! (for a change).

it would discourage unnecessary medical care, increase competition, and allow more businesses in play to encourage competition. it also keeps illegal immigrants out of the system completely and would allow drug competition, which is so sorely lacking in this current health care bill.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 AM

23,154 posts, read 26,041,602 times
Wait a minute.
I thought it was the religious right that got criticized all the time for injecting "religion' and 'moral values' into arguments???
Now the liberal left want to use that?

Old 08-21-2009, 07:28 AM

22,230 posts, read 17,776,377 times
I think there is little doubt that the GOP is pursuing a plan that ANYTHING Obama is bad. They feel their political furture depends on preventing any success, reguardless of the benefits that a success would bring to the future of the vast majority of Americans. The Dems need to come together and act on some form of these plans, and I think they will. And for the future of the GOP, I think most Americans understand what they are doing, and now are not so easily duped.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:33 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,851,268 times
i think most americans, liberal democrats excluded, understand that all of these policies have increased our debt load, with NOTHING TO SHOW FOR IT. unemployment spiked higher than projected, mortgage foreclosures are up, and retail sales are down across the board.

here is some mortgage information:The delinquency rate for mortgage loans on one-to-four-unit residential properties rose to a seasonally adjusted rate of 9.24 percent of all loans outstanding as of the end of the second quarter of 2009, up 12 basis points from the first quarter of 2009, and up 283 basis points from one year ago, according to the Mortgage Bankers Association’s (MBA) National Delinquency Survey.

The delinquency rate includes loans that are at least one payment past due but does not include loans somewhere in the process of foreclosure. The percentage of loans in the foreclosure process at the end of the second quarter was 4.30 percent, an increase of 45 basis points from the first quarter of 2009 and 155 basis points from one year ago. The combined percentage of loans in foreclosure and at least one payment past due was 13.16 percent on a non-seasonally adjusted basis, the highest ever recorded in the MBA delinquency survey.

The seasonally adjusted delinquency rate increased 35 basis points for prime loans (from 6.06 percent to 6.41 percent), 40 basis points for subprime loans (from 24.95 percent to 25.35 percent), and 58 basis points for FHA loans (from 13.84 percent to 14.42 percent), but decreased 15 basis points for VA loans (from 8.21 percent to 8.06 percent)

there is no way that this administration could come up with a workable plan, since NONE of the plans implemented so far have benefited this country! there is nothing wrong with the health saving plan, which rewards sound decision making, but the administration wants big pharma to benefit. this is all about wall street connections in both parties and the crooks who want the status quo to stay in place, while americans lose their jobs and homes!!!!

Old 08-21-2009, 08:12 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,900,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Wait a minute.
I thought it was the religious right that got criticized all the time for injecting "religion' and 'moral values' into arguments???
Now the liberal left want to use that?
Morals and religion can be two completely seperate concepts. There are those on the religious right who believe they are exactly the same.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies