Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:43 PM

838 posts, read 920,062 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
So do you advocate republicans to teach their children that Obama is a nazi, gays are immoral beasts who should be secluded to their own island, sex before marriage will lead you straight to hell, single mothers are all welfare queens who can't keep their legs shut, women who go on birth control are all sluts, etc. etc.?
Dont see where anyone even hinted at these conclusions.

Old 08-21-2009, 06:13 AM

29,976 posts, read 18,541,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I love the color purple, I never claim to love a group of people.
I think once those my age become older things will be a bitter different in the world but for now I have to deal with all the older people who see me as a "sinful qu e e r" or a dyke.
Of course I think most people may not care on a day to day basis but let Focus on the Family whip up most people's inner heterosexism or their aversion to gays and lesbians and then people's true colors come out.

There is hate on both the left and the right so don't act like the left has a monopoly. I consider myself socially liberal and fiscally moderate. Of course some on the left wouldn't be so angry if it weren't for the right wing of our country but that's a totally different thread subject.

Sure. The "right wing" is the reason that you are angry. Similarly, I sit around and just get mad as hell thinking about Belgians. If it were not for them, I would be perfectly content and happy.

Most angry people do not realize it is THEM, not the object of thier hate, that is the problem. When one target is eliminated, they move on to another. It is not "society", it is them. All hate mongers need a target, as it focuses thier anger and gives them an object to which they can attribute thier anger and depression.

Newsflash- don't sit around waiting for the world to change. It never does. When you get older it will be the same world. Change yourself and accept the world.

A question also- if you are a lesbian, can you tell me why so many lesbians appear to be mad as hell and angry, whereas gay men seem to be fairly cool about thier homosexuality?

Old 08-21-2009, 06:24 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,410,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Sure. The "right wing" is the reason that you are angry. Similarly, I sit around and just get mad as hell thinking about Belgians. If it were not for them, I would be perfectly content and happy.

Most angry people do not realize it is THEM, not the object of thier hate, that is the problem. When one target is eliminated, they move on to another. It is not "society", it is them. All hate mongers need a target, as it focuses thier anger and gives them an object to which they can attribute thier anger and depression.

Newsflash- don't sit around waiting for the world to change. It never does. When you get older it will be the same world. Change yourself and accept the world.

A question also- if you are a lesbian, can you tell me why so many lesbians appear to be mad as hell and angry, whereas gay men seem to be fairly cool about thier homosexuality?
O dear god... I feel like I just got bukkakked with ignorance

1) She said that SOME of the left is angry simply because of the way the right acts, to deny this is stupid. Not only that, but she correctly informed you that it goes both ways, no political party has a monopoly on pissing people off.

2) Some people really are just angry at society, mainly because society can suck at times.

3) How old are you? You really think the world never changes? Not to long ago black people were property, and it was socially acceptable to persecute homosexuals. Why in the world would you say the world never changes? And not only that, but that you should change to fit in? I hope this was sarcasm...

4) Lol where do you get the impression that lesbians are angry but gay men are happy? Maybe stereotypes follow that description. I.E. a big angry **** with a leather jacket and a shaved head, or the flamboyant gay man with his pink short shorts, half sized mesh tank top dancing in gogo boots. But just like every other type of person in the world, you cannot categorize them in generalizations. Lol this was such a silly question...

Old 08-21-2009, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
O dear god... I feel like I just got bukkakked with ignorance

1) She said that SOME of the left is angry simply because of the way the right acts, to deny this is stupid. Not only that, but she correctly informed you that it goes both ways, no political party has a monopoly on pissing people off.

2) Some people really are just angry at society, mainly because society can suck at times.

3) How old are you? You really think the world never changes? Not to long ago black people were property, and it was socially acceptable to persecute homosexuals. Why in the world would you say the world never changes? And not only that, but that you should change to fit in? I hope this was sarcasm...

4) Lol where do you get the impression that lesbians are angry but gay men are happy? Maybe stereotypes follow that description. I.E. a big angry **** with a leather jacket and a shaved head, or the flamboyant gay man with his pink short shorts, half sized mesh tank top dancing in gogo boots. But just like every other type of person in the world, you cannot categorize them in generalizations. Lol this was such a silly question...
I guess I am just a silly guy.

1. "Some" of the left is angry? Again, it seems a trend that ALOT of the left is angry. It used to be that the left in the 60s was alot more relaxed. Now they are always pissed off. Life is short- take a lesson from the hippies and relax a little.

2. Society sucks? Again, it is usually one's perception of society that creates the anger, not society itself.

3. Things do not change at all- with regard to human nature. Human behavior changes little over time. I don't remember the civil war, as I am not that old. I hear it was a big fight-my relatives were with Sherman.

4. I think that most gays are depressed. It is probably from the conflict of what they percieve as society's veiws of them as well as family conflicts. Lesbians just seem to be much more angry and vocal about being gay. I think that the stereotype fits. I don't have anything against gays, but it seems as though alot of lesbians are just pissed at the world.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:09 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,338,410 times
I can't help but think of the "irony". . . if one or both of these kids discovers that he / they are "gay". . . . somehow, I think that is how "cause and effect" (for the parents, not the kids) works! May they both grow up to be intelligent and thinking individuals, regardless of their parents views!

Old 08-21-2009, 07:18 AM

1,555 posts, read 1,974,688 times
Wow. That's disgusting. Watch one of those kids turn out to be gay. And be in therapy for the rest of his life.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:31 AM

1,238 posts, read 1,410,753 times
Quote:

1. "Some" of the left is angry? Again, it seems a trend that ALOT of the left is angry. It used to be that the left in the 60s was alot more relaxed. Now they are always pissed off. Life is short- take a lesson from the hippies and relax a little.
It seems to you left is angry, really were the happy ones since we the presidency and congress. We aren't the ones trying to shout down debates at town hall meetings, this is probably the angriest I've ever seen the right act. Can't blame you tho. Anyways that wasn't the original point, you were just putting words in that posters mouth and now you are trying to deflect because you are fabricating arguments. You've been caught by the best, just admit it.
Quote:
2. Society sucks? Again, it is usually one's perception of society that creates the anger, not society itself.
Where does this nonsense come from? You literally just made that up, and tried to pass it off as fact. To say that no one in America is genuinely pissed off by society is ludicrous and ignorant. There are millions of things about society that can make people mad. Man I don't know how you come up with this garbage.
Quote:
3. Things do not change at all- with regard to human nature. Human behavior changes little over time. I don't remember the civil war, as I am not that old. I hear it was a big fight-my relatives were with Sherman.
So what you're saying is... things change over time. Seeing as how things have always changed over time, society, culture, general modus operandi of the American people... Again how do you come up with this nonsense? Lol things don't change over time? and you back track by saying only human nature doesn't change over time? silly post, from an admitted silly poster
Quote:
4. I think that most gays are depressed. It is probably from the conflict of what they percieve as society's veiws of them as well as family conflicts. Lesbians just seem to be much more angry and vocal about being gay. I think that the stereotype fits. I don't have anything against gays, but it seems as though alot of lesbians are just pissed at the world.
O YOU think that most gays are depressed. Well that just makes it an undisputable fact right? because you are such an expert on homosexuals Really, you have no idea what you're talking about, no sources to back up said imaginary observations, really nothing to show that you're doing anything but smashing your face against the keyboard and hoping a legitimate point comes out of it. Why did you even respond to my post? You knew you had nothing of value to say, is it just that you need to have the last word? Cuz I'll let you have it if that's what you need to feel better about yourself.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:39 AM

41,478 posts, read 59,603,637 times
nickledude - don't bother trying to change sombody's religion. Faith trumps facts every time.

Old 08-21-2009, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickeldude View Post
It seems to you left is angry, really were the happy ones since we the presidency and congress. We aren't the ones trying to shout down debates at town hall meetings, this is probably the angriest I've ever seen the right act. Can't blame you tho. Anyways that wasn't the original point, you were just putting words in that posters mouth and now you are trying to deflect because you are fabricating arguments. You've been caught by the best, just admit it.

Where does this nonsense come from? You literally just made that up, and tried to pass it off as fact. To say that no one in America is genuinely pissed off by society is ludicrous and ignorant. There are millions of things about society that can make people mad. Man I don't know how you come up with this garbage.

So what you're saying is... things change over time. Seeing as how things have always changed over time, society, culture, general modus operandi of the American people... Again how do you come up with this nonsense? Lol things don't change over time? and you back track by saying only human nature doesn't change over time? silly post, from an admitted silly poster

O YOU think that most gays are depressed. Well that just makes it an undisputable fact right? because you are such an expert on homosexuals Really, you have no idea what you're talking about, no sources to back up said imaginary observations, really nothing to show that you're doing anything but smashing your face against the keyboard and hoping a legitimate point comes out of it. Why did you even respond to my post? You knew you had nothing of value to say, is it just that you need to have the last word? Cuz I'll let you have it if that's what you need to feel better about yourself.

Wow. Pretty angry.

Regarding gays being depressed, there are several publications in the medical literature showing a higher incidence of affective disorders in homosexuals. While I did not write this literature, I agree with those conclusions. If you want to debate medicine, that is okay. However, I may have a little advantage there, despite being "ignorant". Why does the left always call all conservatives "ignorant" and "stupid"?

It is good to know that I am ignorant, as more information is always useful. It is funny- when they tested my IQ in med school, they told me it was genius level. Those guys are such idiots. I am glad I got that problem cleared up and know where I stand.

Old 08-21-2009, 08:10 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,526,398 times
Quote:

And I'd say ALOT of the right are ignorant, backwards, foolish idiots w/the brain capacity of a gnat.

Quote:
I think you should actually go out & MEET & BEFRIEND some gay people before making such a sweeping remark. You know, actual experience instead of reading it in an article?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies