Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: This September, Do You Believe Obama Will Try To Ram Health Care Down The Throats of Americans Who D
Yes 46 73.02%
No, I think he will listen to members of Congress and the American People 6 9.52%
no 6 9.52%
other 3 4.76%
not sure 2 3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,268,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
1. You had to be invited to hear a Bush speech; only the loyalists made it in.
2. Would-be protesters were kept blocks away from where Bush 43 was speaking.
3. Would-be protest organizers were visited by the FBI in some cases.

All of the above were tyrannical acts against the First Amendment and the American people. But that was fine, huh?
What left leaning blog did you take that information from? ABC maybe?

Hi girl. I see you are still as blindly following Obama as I am blindly opposing him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 10:40 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill61 View Post
Why can't drivers who don't want auto insurance "opt out" of having it?

Well technically you can. You dont have to have insurance on YOUR car, but you have to have liability that pays for the other party if the accident is your fault.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evenstar51 View Post
Amen. The insurance lobby spent $50 million working against health care reform in the first quarter of this year alone.

Majority of Americans support Obama's healthcare policy reform: pol » Propeller (http://www.propeller.com/story/2009/08/05/majority-of-americans-support-obama39s-healthcare-policy-reform-pol/ - broken link)

$52 Million Has Been Spent So Far on Health-Care Reform Ads in What Could Be Record-Shattering Battle - washingtonpost.com
You Propeller link doesn't work and I wanted so badly to see it. Really I did since I haven't been referred to that place in a long time.

I see that the left isn't spending one penny on this little fight. I count Soros money as left money, though.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Just a little food for thought for those that say they cannot or do not want to pay for healthcare reform. Clue: YOU ALREADY DO, you pay in the form of higher insurance rates and you pay in the form of higher medical costs. SOMEONE has to pay for those that do not have coverage yet get medical treatment, guess who that SOMEONE is.
Casper
Wouldn't it be better and cheaper, in the long run, to just pass some more insurance controls to settle what Obama calls Health insurance reform? For some reason I wonder how public option will do that as much as it will drive the insurance companies out of business. I see this thing as an attempt to get the government into complete control of medical spending which becomes single payer and that becomes socialized medicine. Can you tell me how that is all wrong?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I hope he rams it down their throats so they can then take advantage of the public health care and get the damage stitched up.
I don't think you really understand what he is ramming. It isn't a left - right thing anymore. It is very serious and more people need to stop looking at it being a war between the left and the right.

Old 08-25-2009, 10:50 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
This September, Do You Believe Obama Will Try To Ram Health Care Down The Throats of Americans Who Do NOT Want It
Yes because he doesn't listen to the American people who in his, Pelosi and Reid's mind are just mobsters and annoying.

He only will blame Hannity, Limbaugh and others and has no clue that people are serious about their concerns....Obama is above the avergae person and entitled to get his name on the bill...that is all he cares about, making history what way doesn't matter!

Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,948,459 times
It will pass and here is how its going to play out:

1.) Obama’s healthcare plan will be won – written by a committee whose head publicly stated he doesn’t understand it (John Conyers)

2.) The healthcare plan will be passed by a Congress who has not read it

3.) Will be signed by a President who still smokes two packs a day

4.) Funded by a Treasury Chief who didn’t pay his taxes (Tim Geithner)

5.) Overseen by a Surgeon General who is obese (Regina Benjamin)

6.) Financed by a country that is nearly broke

What could possibly go wrong with this?

Old 08-25-2009, 10:56 AM

5,994 posts, read 20,090,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I don't think you really understand what he is ramming. It isn't a left - right thing anymore. It is very serious and more people need to stop looking at it being a war between the left and the right.
I never believed it to be a war between left and right. It is a war between right and wrong.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
This September, Do You Believe Obama Will Try To Ram Health Care Down The Throats of Americans Who Do NOT Want It
How many times do you have to be told that it will be a choice....or do you just enjoy lying for your side so much that you don't care who gets screwed......?

I bet the executive of YOUR health insurance company would rub his hands in glee if he could see your posts.....

I sure hope you aren't atypical of Marines........

Old 08-25-2009, 01:40 PM

590 posts, read 1,013,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
I never believed it to be a war between left and right. It is a war between right and wrong.
No, it is not. Half of those opposing the plan would have opposed anything coming from President Obama just because it does not come from the Republican party.
These are the same people who were making all kind of excuses for George W Bush while he was taking down this Country.

Obama's plan is not perfect, but I listened to plenty of opposers and many really had no idea of what they were talking about; all they knew was "it's Obama's plan, so it's not good".

And those ridicolous "tea-baggers" should have gotten a kick in the butt just for the insult to the history of our Country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies