Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2009, 04:31 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Alls ya gotta do is goggle "arrested threatening bush" and you'll get 11 million hits. Now, there are a lot of repeats, of course, and a some link to the same blog you posted, but it's easy enough to learn many people were arrested for threatening Bush if you don't remember from reading about it in the newspaper over the years.
This is the key. Some people seem to have begun following politics on Jan. 20. Their minds are blank to what happened in the most recent Republican administration, let alone the last several of them (Bush I and Reagan). I will venture off-topic a bit and say that that is also why people are so whipped up about Obama's "czars" and say that no Republican president could get away with them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2009, 09:00 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,440,752 times
I don't cry foul at what is after all freedom of speech whether it be about Bush or Obama. As long as neither sign is inciting someone to break the law, I don't see the problem with it. Our country was built on freedom of speech, you just can't yell fire in a crowded movie theatre and posting a picture or poster is totally different.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:15 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
The left wing mobsters have the typical left wing double standard that applies to every issue.

It is ok for them to hate our President like they did Bush, hate our troops, our country, our citizens etc but gosh darn when the shoe is on the other foot they simply go crazy.

No way is anyone treating the village idiot as badly as the left wing mob treated Bush, not even close.

Old 08-22-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The left wing mobsters have the typical left wing double standard that applies to every issue.

It is ok for them to hate our President like they did Bush, hate our troops, our country, our citizens etc but gosh darn when the shoe is on the other foot they simply go crazy.

No way is anyone treating the village idiot as badly as the left wing mob treated Bush, not even close.
WOW, what a load of BS.

I guess you are another Republican who has to make up lies in order to justify your position because without the lies, your position is indefensible.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:00 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
WOW, what a load of BS.

I guess you are another Republican who has to make up lies in order to justify your position because without the lies, your position is indefensible.
Buy some shoes and shut up. You posted this same BS on another thread. Who the H are you to make such assumptions?

Old 08-22-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Buy some shoes and shut up. You posted this same BS on another thread. Who the H are you to make such assumptions?
LOL, does the nakedness of my feet offend your sensibilities?? Well good then, I like to offend the sensibilities of people like you.

I posted the same type of comment because it applied to BOTH threads. Your just mad that I said it too you. There is alot of this same BS going around.

I am someone who has the right to draw attention to the lies of the Republican party AND a frequent contributor to this site. Maybe the better question is, who the H are you?? Wait, your the chick who started the thread and couldn't sort out how to make it a poll so left it hanging. AND your calling ME out?? Get a clue.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:13 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,415,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
LOL, does the nakedness of my feet offend your sensibilities?? Well good then, I like to offend the sensibilities of people like you.

I posted the same type of comment because it applied to BOTH threads. Your just mad that I said it too you. There is alot of this same BS going around.

I am someone who has the right to draw attention to the lies of the Republican party AND a frequent contributor to this site. Maybe the better question is, who the H are you?? Wait, your the chick who started the thread and couldn't sort out how to make it a poll so left it hanging. AND your calling ME out?? Get a clue.
I am not mad. Why would I expend that kind of negative energy on an internet stranger? Calling you out? Is this highschool? Grow up, buy a vowel and get a clue for yourself.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:21 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
The oabama people and liberals in general are not use to p[eople protesting against them. They act more Nixion than Nixon it seems.Even Nixion wopuld have sent that vterans terrorist message to police departments and said that about the police at same time as saying he was familar with the incident.People seeing shades of comrade Stalin more everyday.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:26 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Scroll down and take a look at the vicious signs against President Bush. Where was the outrage against them and the protesters that held them. Where was the outrage for all the hanging ones or the Bush burning display?
The left is screaming about a few signs and look what they did for yrs when Bush was President.

Death Threats Against Bush at Protests Ignored for Years

Posted Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 9:13 am 158 Comments

On Wednesday, August 12, a man holding a sign that said “Death to Obama” at a town hall meeting in Maryland was detained and turned over to the Secret Service for questioning, which is pursuing an investigation into charging him with threatening the president.

Bush was threatened frequently — but no arrests But the story of this arrest got me to thinking: Why was no one ever arrested for threatening President Bush at protests, when they displayed signs in public that called for his death?
Many readers may naively think, “The answer is obvious: no protester was ever arrested for threatening Bush at a protest because no one ever threatened him at a protest. Who would be that stupid? I certainly never heard of any such threats.”

zomblog

I might be able to help the lefties here by telling them that zombietime is a blog that makes sure that lefthanded crap in California, especially the center of the far left out there, San Francisco, make it to the internet. I have been getting a real kick out of some of the anti-war, anti-Bush they reported time after time and lefties howled about the pictures they showed.

They really do a job on those California lefties to make sure that they are exposed since the MSM won't ever show some of those pictures.

I wonder why none of this left handed people failed to say that Bush had 8 years to get all those things thrown at him and Obama has only had 7 months right now. Surely if they were really thinking one of them would have thought of that.

Old 08-22-2009, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I am not mad. Why would I expend that kind of negative energy on an internet stranger? Calling you out? Is this highschool? Grow up, buy a vowel and get a clue for yourself.
Your hysterical, you say your not mad but your words say I have offended. Whatever dude.

Grow up buy a vowel?? Really??

Somehow, I don't see you lasting long here. Call me psychic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies