Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2013, 07:24 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,804,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNviNciBL3 View Post
They probably just don't care about their health care system.
Maybe their employer in the United States has them covered so they don't need to worry?
Or maybe, like immigrants all over the world, they go into your country, earn money and send it to their families back home. Healthcare has zero to do with anything regarding illegal immigration.
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,226,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monemi View Post
They try. Still, the guy who just did renovations on my house was complaining about being undercut by businesses with illegal immigrants working for him from Poland and the Philopines. The problem is a reality in all developed nations.
My main contention is not that illegals don't exist in Canada. Rather, Canada enforces immigration rules and has higher immigration standards than the USA.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Before any bill was written the Republicans had already stated they were against anything Obama had to offer.
I don't remember that, but I can see that happening.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:27 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,515,932 times
Quote:
They're not after healthcare. They have healthcare. Why would they go from one nationalized HC country to another and pay more money for the trip and more time and go to a place where the languages are English and French? You're not making any sense. You really are a product of your countries school system huh?
That's what I'm trying to say -- no national health care = more money for the people. They flee their own national health care system to come to the USA which doesn't have it because our system gives more money for the things you want.

National health care = less money, less enjoyment.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's what I'm trying to say -- no national health care = more money for the people. They flee their own national health care system to come to the USA which doesn't have it because our system gives more money for the things you want.

Yes, but UHC is not why South American countries suck.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
My main contention is not that illegals don't exist in Canada. Rather, Canada enforces immigration rules and has higher immigration standards than the USA.
I'd love to add this to the reasons why Canada is better, but I doubt it. We just don't border directly with a nation with incomes well below our own.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:34 PM

Quote:

They had less money before they had National healthcare. This is extremely erroneous thinking.

Old 06-09-2013, 08:00 PM

14,799 posts, read 21,417,406 times
Quote:
Before any bill was written the Republicans had already stated they were against anything Obama had to offer.
What?

Old 06-09-2013, 08:26 PM

15,082 posts, read 14,274,318 times
Quote:

Exactly -- they want money and the good easy life --- in the
USA!! They don't want to stay in a country that has nationalized
health care. The title of this thread says "thousands" but we have many
millions voting with their feet. They like our system best.
Well then, I guess you win! Congratulations! You get all the illegals. Yay!

Quote:
Why are they 1. Fleeing by the millions a country that has nationalized health
care. 2. The Canadian border is probably not even a 24 hour bus trip. If
national health care was really great, then about $100 for a greyhound bus
ticket and a 24 hour ride, they could be back in a country with national health
care.
Because people don't flee to another country JUST for the healthcare. Besides, we deport them.

Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 PM

33,502 posts, read 37,021,963 times
Quote:
Exactly -- they want money and the good easy life --- in the USA!! They don't want to stay in a country that has nationalized health care. The title of this thread says "thousands" but we have many millions voting with their feet. They like our system best.

If universal or national health care were really so great, you'd get millions of Americans going to live in Canada or Mexico. Canadians might stay in Canada -- I don't know what the statistics are on that, but I don't you've got any huge immigration problems with Americans sneaking in to live under your system.

Our other border is also with a country that has a nationalized health care system and they're trying to flee it by the millions.
What we do have is Americans stealing our health care....Why would they do that if yours if so freaking good?

Thousands have obtained health cards fraudulently in Ontario and I am sure across Canada. Americans living near the border can rent or buy health cards. The auditor general has found there are about 300,000 more Ontario Health Insurance cards than there are people in the province.

A report prepared for Ontario's Health Minister indicated that from August 1992 to February 1993, 60,000 medical claims had been made on behalf of patients who held American drivers' licenses. The total number of improper claims in Ontario was estimated at 600,000.... Americans Filching Free Health Care in Canada - New York Times We are talking about just one province here....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies