Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 08:25 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
How do you feel about the morning after pill for rape survivors? I personally think it's a great idea.
I'm ok with rape survivers using that method versus an abortion if that's the route that they wish to take.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Abolishing abortions would do more for ending abortions than any other program you pro-choicers try to come up with. If abortions were illegal, less folks would be willing to risk a pregnancy for a few moments of illicit pleasure.
WHY do you think that human nature will change because YOU say it should?

Abortion used to be illegal and abortions were still performed.
Did you REALLY think abortion started when Roe v. Wade was passed ...!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:26 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
All abortions are performed in hospitals post Roe V. Wade?
What are you talking about? You're making less sense than usual.

Quote:
Since you butted in, do you have the link I asked for?
What link?

Old 08-23-2009, 08:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,140,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
"Illicit pleasure"???? WTF??

You anti-choice people must really hate sex.
LOL! I think you just nailed it!

Jealousy!!

Old 08-23-2009, 08:29 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,423,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
LOL! I think you just nailed it!

Jealousy!!
Or ick factor.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:30 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,006,208 times
Quote:
Abolishing abortions would do more for ending abortions than any other program you pro-choicers try to come up with. If abortions were illegal, less folks would be willing to risk a pregnancy for a few moments of illicit pleasure.
not a chance people will always have sex. even people who are not responsible as you would like them to be. again MYOB my body my right you don't get a say

6,034 posts, read 10,678,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You can be a human incubator for all I care but don't tell other women that they need to be one as well.

Life doesn't begin until the fetus is viable outside the body. Before 21 weeks, it isn't viable.
One could make a solid argument that it's not viable then either, as it would take heroic means to make it survive.

39,031 posts, read 23,011,181 times
Quote:
"Illicit pleasure"???? WTF??

You anti-choice people must really hate sex.
I don't hate sex. I personally feel that sex should remain between a married couple but I don't care what you do in your own bedroom. All I care about is the innocent life that is terminated because two horny folks could not keep their clothes on.

1,862 posts, read 2,384,997 times
Quote:
They may not stop altogether but the numbers of abortion would be considerably lowered and more innocent lives would be saved.
Maybe the number would be lowered... but I don't think you're considering the number of women that die as a result... women died from illegal abortions. Especially women who could not afford to go to another country to have the procedure performed. So in my opinion, you're punishing the most defenseless women in our country.

Bottom line, I still think it's a woman's choice and the effort should be put forth to avoid the situation. Not to sound like a broken record... but that means education, counseling and trust.

Making it illegal isn't a solution, rather, it almost seems like revenge or retribution for the lady not acting the way you think they should. Payback if you will.

I remember when they were illegal and it wasn't good. It's better now but definitely could be improved upon.

Old 08-23-2009, 08:31 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,107,710 times
Quote:
Her body, her choice.

You can say that until the end of time and it will not change the FACT that the BODY THAT IS DYING IS NOT HER BODY. It is a seperate human being with its own DNA, its own unique fingerprints (which are fully formed by 12 weeks), its own beating heart, its own LIFE. It is NOT just "her body" for which she is making "her choice." She is deliberately and knowingly choosing death for another human being. Now you can cynically dress it up in all the politically correct verbage that you can use to obscure the simple fact that not one single human being ever came into this world without passing through this stage of human development and there is nothing else that the unborn can possibly be other than human. So keep saying your cute little slogans, keep pretending that selfishness is the new way to prove you're a strong woman. But if you think that women have taken a huge step towards equality by proving that they can care no more about the life of their child then they would about throwing away a used tissue then heaven help us all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies