Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 05:48 PM

39,031 posts, read 23,016,008 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
Don't sugarcoat that you basically want to force women to continue with a pregnancy.
Can I start making medical decisions for you too?

Pro-abortion? That term doesn't bother me. I'd wear that badge proudly.
Unless the woman's life is in danger or unless she has been a victim of rape, a woman should bare the consequences of her actions. Anyone who has sex and believes that pregnancy would not occur is only deluding themselves. Why should a defenseless baby suffer so a woman can avoid inconvenience?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 05:50 PM

Quote:
So you can't call abortion murder, right? Technically speaking....
It is killing an innocent life.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM

38,644 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
I'm more concerned about giving a human life control over her own body. The woman is, least we forget, a human life.

Don't copulate and you won't get knocked up.

If it were her body, the fetus would have her DNA, but that is not the case. He or she has their own unique biological composition. Sometimes the fetus is male. See the problem with the "her body" argument?

Old 08-23-2009, 05:52 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,784,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
It is killing an innocent life.
Quote:
Unless the woman's life is in danger or unless she has been a victim of rape, a woman should bare the consequences of her actions. Anyone who has sex and believes that pregnancy would not occur is only deluding themselves. Why should a defenseless baby suffer so a woman can avoid inconvenience?

I'm just going to stop.
Neither one of us is going to change their opinion.

We can keep going back and forth but I'll always be pro-choice and damn proud of it too.

Keep living in your misogynistic world of anti-choice and thinking all women who have abortions are murderers.
There are much more important things to worry about.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM

50,255 posts, read 47,017,746 times
Once a month a woman kills cells whether she wants to or not. Every time a man ejaculates the cells die except for the one that makes it into an egg.

Where is the cutoff? Do we want to control how people have sex now too? We wouldn't want to waste those living sperm cells for no reason?

These are the building blocks of life and people should be able to control their own bodies. I can see the cutoff being about 21 weeks. I think it's crazy for a girl in Junior High to be forced to become a mom just because she is phyisically capable of having a child.

At what age do kids(or any living organism) even remember things? I know it's not 22 weeks, their brains aren't developed enough to to anything. At that age the heart is what is keeping it alive.

Last edited by 1AngryTaxPayer; 08-23-2009 at 06:08 PM..

Old 08-23-2009, 05:53 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,736,474 times
Abortion is no more an act of murder than if a woman has acupuncture, acupressure, or reflexology to induce a miscarriage.

A woman who does not wish to continue a pregnancy will find a way, regardless of the preposterous legislative steps thrown in front of her.

This is yet another stupid, sexist law (like the ultrasounds in OK) that assumes a woman is not intelligent enough to know what it is she wants.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I'm just going to stop.
Neither one of us is going to change their opinion.

We can keep going back and forth but I'll always be pro-choice and damn proud of it too.

Keep living in your misogynistic world of anti-choice and thinking all women who have abortions are murderers.
There are much more important things to worry about.
Yes ... There are more important things to worry about. The fact that millions of defenseless babies are aborted each year is really a trivial matter in the light of more urgent concerns of today.

4,011 posts, read 4,424,965 times
Quote:
Oh, the great making-a-woman-stay-pregnant-is-the-appropriate-punishment-for-having-sex argument. Only women who are willing to give birth should have sex. Got it.

And someday you might realize that a woman's life is in danger from every pregnancy and sometimes it isn't obvious until she just about dead. Other times the baby has already been born when the mother dies. Talk about deluding yourself......

38,644 posts, read 26,370,068 times
Quote:
Of course it doesn't live after the abortion.
Before 21 weeks the fetus isn't viable.

OK, one down.

Now are you contending that it is not human (think before you answer) or that it is not alive?

Review the tread before you answer if you need to.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:56 PM

539 posts, read 700,085 times
http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt216/LogicWings/abortion-22-03.jpg (broken link)

22 weeks...not only do we have to worry if any one will close our eyes when we die late in life...I wonder if any one cared to close this babys eye..certainly not the mother..or the abortionist.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-24-2009 at 04:30 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies