Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayneinspain View Post
Boo hoo.

We're overpopulated as it is, with thousands of children in a permanent holding pattern waiting for an adoption that may never materialize, and still others that have been born to unwilling parents out of a false sense of duty, who are ill-prepared emotionally for the consequences...

...but at least they didn't abort, right?

So ridiculous.
I am shocked that you have so little regard for life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
And I am never shocked at the dribble that passes for your posts.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:08 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
[quote=rayneinspain;10418160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

Some of us had no choice in the matter, as sex was forced upon us.

I just love how this argument always winds up exposing right-wing hatred for women.

Also notable is how, on the one hand, welfare and welfare recipients are practically enemies of the state...yet they have no qualms in throwing it out there in the abortion debate. So selective...
Yeah I guess all those rape victims out there are pretty stupid according the GOP. I guess that's why Palin made them pay for their own rape kits.

Thank goodness I didn't end up pregnant when I was raped. I would have been forced to have the kid and every time I went to the welfare office I would be called some "lazy *****" because OF COURSE I chose to get pregnant.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:10 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I'm shocked you have to little regard for the quality of life: opposing UHC.

You only care that the little fetus is brought to term and once it's born: You're on your own SUCKA!! This is America! Take care of yourself!

Old 08-23-2009, 06:12 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,425,530 times
Quote:
Same here. But the fact remains that my mother did not have a choice in 1964. She did, many years later, in 1974, when she did have one.
Abortions were available in 1964, they were simply illegal. Anyone who wanted an abortion could get one. In fact, many abortions were done in hospitals by doctors usually on married women except they were called D&Cs. There were also illegal abortionists who had thriving businesses providing fairly safe procedures. Unfortunately other abortions were done in the proverbial back alley with the proverbial coat hanger. These often resulted in serious complications and sometimes death.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,412,481 times
Quote:
And I am never shocked at the dribble that passes for your posts.
I am happy for you.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:14 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
See you have the CHOICE to think that " choosing life over temporary inconvience is the humane and human choice".

We also have the choice. That choice resides with the woman!

So why is the choice of the woman carry greater weight than that of the child?

Old 08-23-2009, 06:15 PM

5,906 posts, read 5,737,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Abortions were available in 1964, they were simply illegal. Anyone who wanted an abortion could get one. In fact, many abortions were done in hospitals by doctors usually on married women except they were called D&Cs. There were also illegal abortionists who had thriving businesses providing fairly safe procedures. Unfortunately other abortions were done in the proverbial back alley with the proverbial coat hanger. These often resulted in serious complications and sometimes death.
True, and I stand corrected.

My mother was 17 years old in 1964, and in her mind, the only socially-acceptable option at that time was to get married, which was a disaster and only lasted 22 months.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
You can be a human incubator for all I care but don't tell other women that they need to be one as well.

Life doesn't begin until the fetus is viable outside the body. Before 21 weeks, it isn't viable.

What about the mother's life? Should she have to subject her body to pregnancy to satisfy some rabid right winger who doesn't give a damn about her?

If you're for life, are you for universal health care?

First, don't get knocked up. If you don't want to be pregnant, then don't copulate.

Second, are you defining life as the ability to extract sufficient oxygen from the atmospere to sustain life?

Well, if that's the case we will have to end all abortions after 20 weeks since fetuses at that stage of delopment are able to breath well enough to sustain their own lives outside the womb.

Yep, we'll have to deliver 21 week and older fetuses by emergncy C-section since the are alive by your definition.

Old 08-23-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleLove08 View Post
I've read enough.
Out of ammunition after the canned rabid right winger argument went down in flames?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies