Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2007, 08:09 AM

1,247 posts, read 921,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post
I took the test, and no surprises I am within the 17.% of those taking the test--liberal!
No surprise for me, either. I'm libertarian.

The distribution of scores is very interesting. There are actually fewer conservatives than liberals. I actually believe that. So many people on this board simply don't know what liberal and conservative is. They've been indoctrinated by people like Rush Limbaugh and take their definitions as gospel, when Rush Limbaugh (and his ilk) is so wrong, on many counts.

Quote:
LIBERTARIANS support maximum liberty in both personal and
economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one
that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence.
Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose
government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate
diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:20 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,118,859 times
I want to thank this thread as another validation of conservatives and their irrational child like reaction and world-view.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:25 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,068,425 times
And liberals

LIBERALS usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
No surprise for me, either. I'm libertarian.

The distribution of scores is very interesting. There are actually fewer conservatives than liberals. I actually believe that. So many people on this board simply don't know what liberal and conservative is. They've been indoctrinated by people like Rush Limbaugh and take their definitions as gospel, when Rush Limbaugh (and his ilk) is so wrong, on many counts.

Old 04-28-2007, 08:28 AM

2,639 posts, read 3,206,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
The puppies could not be democrats.
First they were not aborted.
Second they grow into dogs, loyal, honest, courageous, trusting. Democrats have none of these traits.
Dir Drill 1, "The Duke" and I have your back.
Great comment; I love it!!

Old 04-28-2007, 08:30 AM

1,247 posts, read 921,554 times
Btw, I was 90% on personal issues and 70% of economic issues. According to this system, I'm almost as far from being liberal as I am from being conservative. Yet, I get along with most liberals just fine, while so-called conservatives call me all sorts of names.

What is the source of this attitude conservatives have?

Old 04-28-2007, 08:35 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,068,425 times
We'll have to hear from conservatives on this, and if I shared my opinion, it would spin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingFlorida05 View Post
Btw, I was 90% on personal issues and 70% of economic issues. According to this system, I'm almost as far from being liberal as I am from being conservative. Yet, I get along with most liberals just fine, while so-called conservatives call me all sorts of names.

What is the source of this attitude conservatives have?

Old 04-28-2007, 08:37 AM

1,697 posts, read 3,474,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FistFightingHairdresser View Post
John Wayne: draft-dodger, never a hero, only played one in film.

A true American icon.
And the perfect example of today's draft-dodging, chickenhawk Republican, too...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dir Drill 1 View Post
I just want to thank all the Liberal snivelers on this site for opening my eyes the rest of the way up... I cannot believe how you try to talk around how you really feel, and as soon as someone ( ie: A Conservative) tweaks you a little, you blow up and then your true hatred shines through loud and clear. Well, You can now consider me a target for your rants and hate, and I will work hard to earn every bit of it !!!!

JOHN WAYNE FOREVER !!!!!!
Haha... you're not worth hating. However, you did brighten my morning a bit by amusing me.

But just think- after my amusement wears off, you'll still be a misinformed and deluded conservative...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post
The puppies could not be democrats.
First they were not aborted.
Second they grow into dogs, loyal, honest, courageous, trusting. Democrats have none of these traits.
Dir Drill 1, "The Duke" and I have your back.
Yes, it takes courage to dodge drafts, then send other kids to die in wars of choice that make you and your buddies rich...

Old 04-28-2007, 08:46 AM

345 posts, read 202,529 times
Burdell, this message to you & yours: The war in Iraq was launched to place boots on the ground in the heart of the nest. Nancy Pelosi does not have the intellectual capacity to process that. Although there was very likely WMD in Iraq, removed to the Bakaa Valley by the Russians, it simply did not matter. This war is necessary. If you think it is overyou are truly living in a dream world. It has only just begun. If you think Hillary or any other dem-wit is going to end it you are mistaken. We may actually have an idiot come to power that will move us out of the middle east, I don't doubt that. In fact, that is when the crap is really going to hit the fan. There is a little unfinished matter of Iran. Malmood Armydad is not simply going away. There is a little thing called the Mahdi that is hiding down a well and waiting to lead the Islamos to world domination. You folks just keep wishing that away. Click those ruby slippers togeather. The straw men, the tin men, and the cowardly lions of the democratic party aint going to be standing over you when you wake up proclaiming you were just hit on the head. When you wake up you just might see the barbarians at the gate and nobody standing in their way but the wicked witch of the south. Well...her and the Commander In Cheat!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies