Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 01:40 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Americaloveitorlveit View Post
I am so tired of hearing on the news about possible torture methods used by our military.
As far as I know, we have never beheaded anybody. Not just behead, but saw like a loaf of bread!
While we are at war, if they need to do things in order to extract information to prevent another 9/11, so what? A "mock execution"? Give me a break! We are not killing anybody. After what happened, a little humiliation and a little fear doesn't seem like much.
I'm beginning to wonder if when obama said "there would be transparency" if he really meant on what everybody else was doing.
When the news media reports on what the CIA or whatever department, is doing, our enemies also see everything, they don't need to know!
I just don't think obama gets it. There are some things the world doesn't need to know.
No, they outsource it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2009, 01:41 PM

1,305 posts, read 3,611,273 times
Anyone who says our military does not torture has never eaten in a chow hall.

Old 08-24-2009, 01:49 PM

4,465 posts, read 7,998,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinegaroon View Post
Anyone who says our military does not torture has never eaten in a chow hall.
Roger that!

Old 08-24-2009, 01:55 PM

5,041 posts, read 6,215,924 times
Quote:
I am so tired of hearing on the news about possible torture methods used by our military.
As far as I know, we have never beheaded anybody. Not just behead, but saw like a loaf of bread!
While we are at war, if they need to do things in order to extract information to prevent another 9/11, so what? A "mock execution"? Give me a break! We are not killing anybody. After what happened, a little humiliation and a little fear doesn't seem like much.
I'm beginning to wonder if when obama said "there would be transparency" if he really meant on what everybody else was doing.
When the news media reports on what the CIA or whatever department, is doing, our enemies also see everything, they don't need to know!
I just don't think obama gets it. There are some things the world doesn't need to know.
Bush turned us into a nation of torturers. People like you made that possible.

Thanks.

6,022 posts, read 7,828,066 times
Quote:
yes we do torture Moderator cut: no name calling!! and the world needs to know since our country suppose to be this model of freedom but clearly isnt and will scream bloody murder when other countries torture and get outraged some people are just clueless the US has no room to talk

Last edited by katzenfreund; 08-24-2009 at 03:30 PM..

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
I agree, our military does not torture. The CIA is not part of the miltary. And personally, I could care less if they tortured anyone. One replay of footage of 9/11/01 is all it takes and i'm ready to go back to the Big Sandbox and do a little torturing myself. Coddling the balls of terrorists is the work of a Democrat. Its safe to say that i'm not a coddler, and never will be.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:54 PM

125 posts, read 140,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
I agree, our military does not torture. The CIA is not part of the miltary. And personally, I could care less if they tortured anyone. One replay of footage of 9/11/01 is all it takes and i'm ready to go back to the Big Sandbox and do a little torturing myself. Coddling the balls of terrorists is the work of a Democrat. Its safe to say that i'm not a coddler, and never will be.
Thank you. In my opinion, Democrats are way to soft on our security. There are times when you have to do what's necessary for your country's protection and freedom. Our military needs us behind them 100% and that's what the world should see.

Old 08-24-2009, 02:58 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
i am sorry i am chocking on this one
got any idea of how many viet cong were given free flying lessons from a huey helicopter when they failed to provide info?

Old 08-24-2009, 03:09 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idahogie View Post
Bush turned us into a nation of torturers. People like you made that possible.

Thanks.
No torture took place before Bush???
I am so in doubt about the accuracy of that post.
WWII? No doubt about it.
Korea? For sure.
Vietnam? I am certain of it.
The reality is that it does happen all over the world. We are not a single player in the torture game. Most Soldiers will speak out against it at least as far as torturing Uniformed soldiers goes.
The often quoted Geneva convention was written for and is for uniformed soldiers. Spies and saboteurs are excluded. So are non-uniformed soldiers caught on the field of battle or behind enemy lines. These are considered spies or saboteurs.
Am I against torture? That would depend upon what is at stake. For example if we had reliable intel of a nuke being smuggled into our country, and we had someone we thought had credible info? Without a moments hesitation I would put that terrorists feet in the fire myself. That said would I do it to try and find out where terrorists get their food and medicine? NO

Old 08-24-2009, 03:36 PM

3,555 posts, read 7,848,653 times
AeroGuyDC wrote and got seconded by americaloveit);
Quote:
i'm ready to go back to the Big Sandbox and do a little torturing myself. Coddling the balls of terrorists is the work of a Democrat. Its safe to say that i'm not a coddler, and never will be.
Obviously you haven't been exposed to any of the testimony by our leading Generals or the FBI, or 50 plus years of experience my MI types. Torture gets you nothing but bad intel, wastes your time and creates more terrorists. That's exactly why Al-Queda attacked us, they knew we would respond as we did, and thereby cost us many allies in the ME and elsewhere.

But then maybe that's what you want.

golfgod
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies