Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2009, 08:31 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,534,852 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
if it wasn't on google how did I find it then? I googled this phrase " north carolina gun law shooting a criminal who is escaping" The source I quoted is the FIRST result. lol good lord YOUR local station reported NC law regarding this sort of matter. You have done nothing to disprove the stations reporting or the credibility of the source quoted. I have yet to see any "mis-spelled words" but if you have may I suggest you contact the editor of YOUR local tv station and complain.

that is the abc affiliate here in Charlotte. It wasn't on google.
It doesn't fly in my face, it is nothing more than excerpts that have mis-spelled words. That holds no credibility. None whatsoever.

You didn't search for THE LAWS, you searched for a news story.
There is a difference.
[/quote]

since readin' and 'riting doesn't appear to be of high priority in OK, here you go.

(4) Deadly Force in Defence of Others
A Citizen may intervene and use deadly force in defence of another person when, under the facts and circumstances, it reasonably appeared necessary to save the other person from imminent threat of death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault but only to the extent the other person was entitled to use deadly force in self-defence.

If you want to play then you should really just search LAW.....and get it from the horses mouth. Maybe when you grow up you can learn those type of things. LOL!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 08:36 PM

757 posts, read 803,993 times
defense and defence are interchangeable I can't help but notice you've totally ignored the point of the story which is NC law. You are now fixated on a word YOU think is misspelled when in fact defence is not misspelled.
Defense or defence (see -ce/-se) may refer to: Tactics and strategy of defending against an attack. ALSO since you say the source I quoted is NOT NC law what is YOUR source regarding the law in this situation?

since readin' and 'riting doesn't appear to be of high priority in OK, here you go.

A Citizen may intervene and use deadly force in defence of another person when, under the facts and circumstances, it reasonably appeared necessary to save the other person from imminent threat of death, great bodily harm, or sexual assault but only to the extent the other person was entitled to use deadly force in self-defence.

If you want to play then you should really just search LAW.....and get it from the horses mouth. Maybe when you grow up you can learn those type of things. LOL![/quote]

Old 08-25-2009, 08:49 PM

Well I guess I've "edumicated" Kitty enough for one night

Old 08-25-2009, 08:50 PM

Quote:
defense and defence are interchangeable I can't help but notice you've totally ignored the point of the story which is NC law. You are now fixated on a word YOU think is misspelled when in fact defence is not misspelled.
Defense or defence (see -ce/-se) may refer to: Tactics and strategy of defending against an attack. ALSO since you say the source I quoted is NOT NC law what is YOUR source regarding the law in this situation?

If you want to play then you should really just search LAW.....and get it from the horses mouth. Maybe when you grow up you can learn those type of things. LOL!
[/quote]

I haven't been searching for law..YOU are the one who brought it up. No one else....you are the one claiming to be proficient at interpreting law. Not working real well for you...LOL

maybe you will have it figured out before bedtime....nite, nite..

Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Well I guess I've "edumicated" Kitty enough for one night

not hardly wee one....

go do your homework and get in the bed for school tomorrow.....

Old 08-25-2009, 08:51 PM

So you admit you have no source and can't prove my source wrong? GOOD FOR YOU! This coming from someone who insisted on a link instead of doing her own research based on my source. LOL geesh

I haven't been searching for law..YOU are the one who brought it up. No one else....you are the one claiming to be proficient at interpreting law. Not working real well for you...LOL

maybe you will have it figured out before bedtime....nite, nite..[/quote]

Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,072,440 times
Quote:
There is no duty to retreat before using deadly force if the assault threatens imminent death or great bodily harm - a murderous or felonious assault or sexual assault.
Yes, there were two 'crime scenes', I get that...that was my point. He can't have been the aggressor in the latter scenario and still claim self defense.

IF he was only following them in his car to see where they were going and they pull a gun on him...there is a new threat...one that justifies use of deadly force.

But we don't know the facts yet, and we aren't lawyers, even if we have mastered google.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:00 PM

Quote:
So you admit you have no source and can't prove my source wrong? GOOD FOR YOU! This coming from someone who insisted on a link instead of doing her own research based on my source. LOL geesh

maybe you will have it figured out before bedtime....nite, nite..
[/quote]

You were the one who brought up the *source*. You were asked to put up or shut up. Which you didn't do. You did NOT put up law. You put up excerpts of laws. That leaves a lot to be desired and hold no water.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,575,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Yes, there were two 'crime scenes', I get that...that was my point. He can't have been the aggressor in the latter scenario and still claim self defense.

IF he was only following them in his car to see where they were going and they pull a gun on him...there is a new threat...one that justifies use of deadly force.

But we don't know the facts yet, and we aren't lawyers, even if we have mastered google.
LOL! Yep, not an attorney.

And anyway . . . as you said . . . we don't have all the facts yet. However, there are many folks here in Charlotte asking where to contribute money for Mr. McClure's defense fund, should one be needed.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:04 PM

NC law clearly states that the homeowner has no right to escalate the situation to deadly force and that he also has an obligation to retreat to avoid deadly force and that he may NOT chase the suspects. The homeowner did all of the above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
LOL! Yep, not an attorney.

And anyway . . . as you said . . . we don't have all the facts yet. However, there are many folks here in Charlotte asking where to contribute money for Mr. McClure's defense fund, should one be needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies