Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times

Advertisements

don't know why people on this forum feel the need to get their kicks off by being condescending toward other posters; I guess being anonymous makes people bold. Or rude. When did I say I had all the answers? They posted an article; I posted my opinion on it. And oh as for your comments about Jerseyland I’m from Florida, not that my location has any bearing on my opinion that you don’t go chasing people with guns unless you’re planning on shooting them. But hey you know what you’re right I do have a hug-a-thug mentality. Hell 99% of my family members are thugs. We gone come to your great state and have us a big old thug holiday. From NatalayJones

1. You have made quite a few posts on this thread that did, indeed, indicate that you think you have all the answers.

2. You may live in Florida now, but doubtless you are one of the many who have flocked to Florida from NJ. Everyone knows that Florida might as well have been broken off from NJ and relocated to its present position - there are so many folks living there who were born in NJ.

3. Your Hug-A-Thug mentality was not difficult to discern. I am sure you would argue with the stats here in Charlotte about repeat offenders and their ethnicity, as well . . . and your thinly veiled justification of these behaviors is illustrative of why pathological criminal behavior is so rampant in black neighborhoods. There is more black on black violent crime in my city than within any other demographic.

4. Our state is full of folks from NJ by way of Florida. We call them "half backs" - they move to Florida and then move "half way back" and land in our state. If you have a job, don't need Section 8 housing and can control your kids - y'all come - we need more tax paying citizens in our fair city. Maybe you could volunteer here in one of our many Hug-A-Thug programs and see these sociopaths up close.

5. Until you live in Charlotte, you have no idea what Mr. McClure - and his neighbors - have been dealing with from these thugs.

Last edited by brokensky; 08-26-2009 at 09:55 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 09:03 AM

1,598 posts, read 1,936,031 times
Thank God this kid is dead. The world is a safer place because of his death and the gene pool is safe from one more idiot. Again, it's too bad the elderly man couldn't have gotten all of them. It's also too bad he didn't suffer.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:53 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCyank View Post
Exactly how could this turn into an ugly race thing? Again, your ignorance of the facts is showing.
Once again you prove that you are unable to make a comment without insulting others - boy that internet courage is something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Well luckily this cant turn into a race thing this time since the howeowners were black as well.
Oh they're trying. I heard this morning that "they" (not sure who "they" is at the moment because I came in during the audience call in portion of the show) aren't going to file any charges against him because he killed a young black male. It doesn't matter that the homeowner was black; "their" angle is had the robber been a young white male then the police would have been investigating more but they don't care when one black person kills another.

Let me see if I can find a sound clip they usually post them after the show is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
don't know why people on this forum feel the need to get their kicks off by being condescending toward other posters; I guess being anonymous makes people bold. Or rude. When did I say I had all the answers? They posted an article; I posted my opinion on it. And oh as for your comments about Jerseyland I’m from Florida, not that my location has any bearing on my opinion that you don’t go chasing people with guns unless you’re planning on shooting them. But hey you know what you’re right I do have a hug-a-thug mentality. Hell 99% of my family members are thugs. We gone come to your great state and have us a big old thug holiday. From NatalayJones

1. You have made quite a few posts on this thread that did, indeed, indicate that you think you have all the answers.

2. You may live in Florida now, but doubtless you are one of the many who have flocked to Florida from NJ. Everyone knows that Florida might as well have been broken off from NJ and relocated to its present position - there are so many folks living there who worn born in NJ.

3. Your Hug-A-Thug mentality was not difficult to discern. I am sure you would argue with the stats here in Charlotte about repeat offenders and their ethnicity, as well . . . and your thinly veiled justification of these behaviors is illustrative of why pathological criminal behavior is so rampant in black neighborhoods. There is more black on black violent crime in my city than within any other demographic.

4. Our state is full of folks from NJ by way of Florida. We call them "half backs" - they move to Florida and then move "half way back" and land in our state. If you have a job, don't need Section 8 housing and can control your kids - y'all come - we need more tax paying citizens in our fair city. Maybe you could volunteer here in one of our many Hug-A-Thug programs and see these sociopaths up close.

5. Until you live in Charlotte, you have no idea what Mr. McClure - and his neighbors - have been dealing with from these thugs.
1.Indicate to who? Indicate to you? I always said that’s my opinion – I never said I was right; I said that was how I see things. I never said anyone else had to agree with how I see them or even understand how I see them.

2.Everyone knows that Florida might as well have broken off from NJ and relocated to it’s present position? Everyone like who? You? Since you’re so interested in my life: I was born in Florida – relocated to New Mexico because one of my parents was in the service, came back to Florida when they retired and relocated to NJ. But thanks for taking such an interest in my personal life.

3.You’re right I love thugs. Yay! I’m all about those thugs!

4.Okay! You have a nickname for folks from NJ by way of Florida! Yay!

5.So then it should have said “ONLY CHARLOTTE RESIDENTS SHOULD RESPOND TO THIS BECAUSE UNTIL YOU LIVE HERE YOU CAN’T HAVE AN OPINION”

Old 08-26-2009, 10:01 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Once again you prove that you are unable to make a comment without insulting others - boy that internet courage is something.

Oh they're trying. I heard this morning that "they" (not sure who "they" is at the moment because I came in during the audience call in portion of the show) aren't going to file any charges against him because he killed a young black male. It doesn't matter that the homeowner was black; "their" angle is had the robber been a young white male then the police would have been investigating more but they don't care when one black person kills another.

Let me see if I can find a sound clip they usually post them after the show is over.
Ahhh....yeah well I guess that makes sense for Sharpton. Too bad he doesnt know anything about Charlotte. At least two of these kids were already awaiting trial for previous armed robberies. If they didnt care about young black males these kids would have been awaiting trial in prison and not running around on the streets. (IMO)

Old 08-26-2009, 10:02 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,469,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post

Good grief. It always comes down to playing the race card, doesn't it? You gotta twist it around somehow to make it into something it isn't.

I would say if anyone didn't value life . . . it is the sociopaths roaming our streets, regardless of their RACE. Obviously, these thugs feel no guilt, know no boundaries, have no moral compass and value nothing but self-gratification. That is why they are SOCIOPATHS.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:07 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,371,678 times
Quote:
Ahhh....yeah well I guess that makes sense for Sharpton. Too bad he doesnt know anything about Charlotte. At least two of these kids were already awaiting trial for previous armed robberies. If they didnt care about young black males these kids would have been awaiting trial in prison and not running around on the streets. (IMO)
Too bad Sharpton doesn't know anything about the real world period. I hate when the parents of these kids get all involved in the media and start singing that "nobody cares about our kids" song. If they cared about their kids they wouldn't have been running around robbing people. Felecia Fluker admitted she'd never seen her son's Myspace/Facebook pages and didn't know a lot of the kids he was with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Good grief. It always comes down to playing the race card, doesn't it? You gotta twist it around somehow to make it into something it isn't.

I would say if anyone didn't value life . . . it is the sociopaths roaming our streets, regardless of their RACE. Obviously, these thugs feel no guilt, know no boundaries, have no moral compass and value nothing but self-gratification. That is why they are SOCIOPATHS.
CAN YOU READ AT ALL? How am I playing the race card? How I am twisting it around?

Old 08-26-2009, 10:47 AM

544 posts, read 1,058,136 times
Quote:
yeah it does sound like him he always searches for an angle one of my neighbors said this is going to be like Jena 6. i wonder if any of these political talking heads have actually lived in one of those neighborhoods where the gangs have taken over and the police do nothing to help you. the residents become prisoners in there own homes. it has nothing to do with black or white. all al's trying to do is attach himself to the hottest news story. he was just in ny crying for the to reopen the cop shooting case.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM

757 posts, read 802,791 times
No one is defending the actions of those kids who invaded the home owners home. The issue is the homeowner's actions when he was no longer in any danger. He choose to take the law into his own hands and someone ended up dead.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:08 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,514,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
yeah it does sound like him he always searches for an angle one of my neighbors said this is going to be like Jena 6. i wonder if any of these political talking heads have actually lived in one of those neighborhoods where the gangs have taken over and the police do nothing to help you. the residents become prisoners in there own homes. it has nothing to do with black or white. all al's trying to do is attach himself to the hottest news story. he was just in ny crying for the to reopen the cop shooting case.

Is it getting that much national attention?

I've really only seen it on local outlets so far, but havent really been looking for it, either.

Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,927,798 times
The mom of the robber is an idiot-
“I hate what happened,” his mother said. The man “could've just called police.”

Here's a novel idea, your son 'could've just not robbed the man' in the first place. He'd still be alive!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies