Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 07:23 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Keep us posted if the old guy needs donations for a legal defense fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 07:27 AM

3,564 posts, read 5,515,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Keep us posted if the old guy needs donations for a legal defense fund.

Yeah I'll update it as I hear. Funny you said that, I was reading the comments after the article (the one I linked) and half the people on there are willing to donate as well. I'm interested in seeing what the DA does.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:30 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
I loathe the word thug, I especially loathe how people just toss it out every two seconds.

Aside from that - I don't see how the "I was afraid for my life" defense is going to work since he chased him down. I seriously doubt I would go chasing after someone I was afraid of, no matter what material possesions they had taken.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I loathe the word thug, I especially loathe how people just toss it out every two seconds.

Aside from that - I don't see how the "I was afraid for my life" defense is going to work since he chased him down. I seriously doubt I would go chasing after someone I was afraid of, no matter what material possesions they had taken.

In this case there is no question that these were thugs. They broke into an elderly couple's home, tied them up, were armed and robbed them.

And there's a reason I asked that people look at the kids' myspace pages. They call themselves thugs. Their friends are sad to see "my little thug done gone". The Charlotte newspaper cropped the dead kid's picture because if they showed the whole thing you would see him throwing up a gang sign.

Its pathetic.

As far as his defense if he gets cahrged with anything. I say he should try temporary insanity. If not, he could say he followed them to get a description when they turned around and pointed a gun at him, so he felt threatened and shot back.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,123,773 times
This guy deserves a key to the city. Hopefully he ran a full clip through the chamber.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:42 AM

One of his friends left this on his facebook or myspace:

DAM I DON EEN NOE IF DIS SH&T REAL OR NOT..............MY M UTHA FUC%IN ROUND BRUH.........REST IN PEACE TO MY MUTHA ***** BRUTHA MARCUS A.K.A. LOONEY.......N DAT FU@k NIG#A DAT SHOT U GON GET HIS.....U BETTA BELE DAT

Here's the page of one of the ones that got caught:

http://www.myspace.com/tahjaue

Yeah..these are just good kids. Not thugs at all.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 AM

873 posts, read 1,804,492 times
These thugs don't deserve to be on the street. Real illiterate morons too. Products of the Char. Meck school system. LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
One of his friends left this on his facebook or myspace:

DAM I DON EEN NOE IF DIS SH&T REAL OR NOT..............MY M UTHA FUC%IN ROUND BRUH.........REST IN PEACE TO MY MUTHA ***** BRUTHA MARCUS A.K.A. LOONEY.......N DAT FU@k NIG#A DAT SHOT U GON GET HIS.....U BETTA BELE DAT

Here's the page of one of the ones that got caught:

[[TAHJAUE]] | MySpace

Yeah..these are just good kids. Not thugs at all.

Old 08-25-2009, 07:49 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
In this case there is no question that these were thugs. They broke into an elderly couple's home, tied them up, were armed and robbed them.

And there's a reason I asked that people look at the kids' myspace pages. They call themselves thugs. Their friends are sad to see "my little thug done gone". The Charlotte newspaper cropped the dead kid's picture because if they showed the whole thing you would see him throwing up a gang sign.

Its pathetic.

As far as his defense if he gets cahrged with anything. I say he should try temporary insanity. If not, he could say he followed them to get a description when they turned around and pointed a gun at him, so he felt threatened and shot back.
I still loathe the word. There are so many adjectives in the world but "thug" seems to be the flavor of the year.

Either way I don't agree with what he did. If the kids had still been in the house, I could see because you don't know if they're going to just open fire on you before they head out but to get in your car and chase them down - you're pretty much breaking the law. Where do we draw the line? Would it have been okay for him to shoot him if he saw one two weeks later and he became "afraid for his life" all over again recalling how he was tied up and robbed at gunpoint?

Old 08-25-2009, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugguy View Post
These thugs don't deserve to be on the street. Real illiterate morons too. Products of the Char. Meck school system. LOL.

Yeah its pretty embarrassing. I went to that same highschool. (albeit 97-2000)

Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
I still loathe the word. There are so many adjectives in the world but "thug" seems to be the flavor of the year.

Either way I don't agree with what he did. If the kids had still been in the house, I could see because you don't know if they're going to just open fire on you before they head out but to get in your car and chase them down - you're pretty much breaking the law. Where do we draw the line? Would it have been okay for him to shoot him if he saw one two weeks later walking home and he became afraid for his life all over again recalling how he was tied up and robbed at gunpoint?

I totally see what you're saying but in this case the word fits. They wanted to be known as thugs and they were thugs.

It'll obviously depend on what he first told the cops. If he worded it carefully in the beginning I think he'll be fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies