Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you abort your unborn child if it was diagnosed with austism?
Yes 44 38.60%
No 70 61.40%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:16 AM

19,112 posts, read 30,628,399 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Just so you know- The quote you responded to was part of a sub conversation in this thread. We were talking about a poster who mentioned they tried to correct their child's lefthandedness.
Gotcha. My dad's parents also tried to correct my dad's lefthandedness. They had his teacher tie his left hand to the back of his desk so he couldn't use it.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vicket View Post
Where did the OP or anyone else mention politics? Abortion should be a personal decision...not a political one.
They didn't, I did. I don't understand, I used the conservative term concerning myself and never questioned anyone else's politics. If you are inferring something from this, I suggest you stop. If anything you can take from all of this, I did imply the cold and heartless part.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:20 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLater View Post
when I was pregnant they told me the tests indicated that my child was going to have down syndrome. She doesn't. When my partner was pregnant they said her son would be austistic. He is but he's on the high end of the specturm so he functions like any other child; it just takes him a little longer to get things.

soon there will be tests that say "your fetus is blind" do you want to abort? you don't want to deal with raising a blind child. i guess people only want perfect kids. what happens if there are no signs until a later date (happened to my cousin when her son entered prek they discovered he had asperger syndrome) do you have the child put to sleep?
A little dramatic here, doncha think?
Have him put to sleep?
Once they're viable, that's really not an option, unless you choose to commit a murder by US laws.

I believe a woman should be able to abort as she chooses.
No matter what the reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by go phillies View Post
Anyone who voted yes on this poll is a despicable human being. You are basically saying we should kill those who are not perfect. This is why liberals scare me.
Good thing it's not up to you to choose.
A woman gets to choose for whatever reason she may have.
It's the law of the land.
Anyone who would take a woman's rights away is the despicable one.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,932,122 times
Hell no I wouldn't abort. Someone who would choose to abort for not having a 'normal' child is not fit to be a parent, period.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
They didn't, I did. I don't understand, I used the conservative term concerning myself and never questioned anyone else's politics. If you are inferring something from this, I suggest you stop. If anything you can take from all of this, I did imply the cold and heartless part.
Cleanhouse and several other people called anyone who supports abortions liberals as though it were a bad thing.

Natalay mentioned it early on, yet the Rs continue.
If they don't like the choices a person makes, they automatically name call and demonize them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Hell no I wouldn't abort. Someone who would choose to abort for not having a 'normal' child is not fit to be a parent, period.
It doesn't matter what you choose; it has no bearing on what anyone else would choose to do.
How are adoptions of severely handicapped kids going?
Decide what to do with your own life, stay out of everyone else's.

Last edited by chielgirl; 08-26-2009 at 10:39 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 10:32 AM

3,457 posts, read 4,653,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Decide what to do with your own life, stay out of everyone else's.
Tell that to the government

Old 08-26-2009, 10:34 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,663,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
If they are not fit to be a parent, it's better off that they are aborting.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHouse9 View Post
Tell that to the government
The government isn't weighing in here, a bunch of controlling people are.
It's none of your business what another person does with her body.
Period.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:48 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,918,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
For all these abortion lovers how would they feel if they could detect if a baby would be gay? Would they approve of abortion for that reason? Most parents would not want a gay child.
I cannot see ANY pro-choicer aborting a fetus just because the fetus is gay. A Republican? Maybe, but only if no one found out they went against their ideology and had said abortion.

I think the bolded statement says a lot about you. Most parents *I* know, were just happy their baby was born healthy and sexual identity wasn't even on their radar.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:49 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times
I don't care what the circumstances are, I will abort any fetus that ever grows in my body. I don't want children.
Thank goodness I'm a lesbian and I don't have to worry about pregnancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies