Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 06:23 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times

Advertisements

floridasandy - you can't even admit that you were wrong, can you?

you've just moved on to being outraged at the fact that under obama, the u.s. spends some money on international humanitarian aid. because that's something new that obama just invented.

every other president was also elected to represent the citizens of the united states. did you complain every time they authorized aid to other countries? did you complain when bush did exactly the same thing obama did in 2007?

even if you always have been strongly and vocally opposed to international aid, complaining about it as if it's something new under obama is akin to making a thread saying OMG UNDER OBAMA THERE IS AN INCOME TAX!!!!!!!

never mind that the original post in this thread is false and you defended it, even posting the presidential determination that proved you wrong. either you didn't read it or you saw what you wanted to see in it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by groar View Post

you've just moved on to being outraged at the fact that under obama, the u.s. spends some money on international humanitarian aid. because that's something new that obama just invented.

every other president was also elected to represent the citizens of the united states. did you complain every time they authorized aid to other countries? did you complain when bush did exactly the same thing obama did in 2007?

even if you always have been strongly and vocally opposed to international aid, complaining about it as if it's something new under obama is akin to making a thread saying OMG UNDER OBAMA THERE IS AN INCOME TAX!!!!!!!

never mind that the original post in this thread is false and you defended it, even posting the presidential determination that proved you wrong. either you didn't read it or you saw what you wanted to see in it.

You won't see anything else on this. They've already shown stupidity runs deeper when you don't read before posting.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:01 AM

it's also worth noting that this declaration didn't authorize the use of tax dollars for international aid - those funds were already earmarked for international aid as part of the ERMA fund. he just specified where the money was going specifically. the guy had been president for ONE WEEK when he did this.

to try to use the real meaning of this declaration against obama is to reveal yourself to be about as blindly partisan as you can get.

to try to use the fake meaning is to reveal yourself as blindly partisan AND severely lacking in reading comprehension or critical thinking skills.

Last edited by groar; 08-26-2009 at 09:16 AM..

Old 08-26-2009, 09:14 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,473,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
mr. obama really needs to concentrate on the welfare of the united states since he was elected to represent the citizens of the united states......
<floridasandy> really needs to concentrate on trying to recognize and understand the world as it actually is...

Of the $20.3 million in new ERMA funds, $13.5 million will go to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), $6 million to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and $800,000 to the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). These organizations are distributing emergency food assistance, providing medical assistance and temporary shelter, creating temporary employment, and restoring access to electricity and potable water to the people of Gaza.
-- US Department of State

Old 08-26-2009, 09:15 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:

i posted the exact information available on the federal register website, signed by obama, where he clearly appropriated american money to serve foreign interests.

i am certainly going to complain when our country is being run irresponsibly! i was no fan of bush and his irresponsible spending and i am no fan of obama and his irresponsible spending. i am non-partisan in my outrage, which our country could use more of actually. we are now facing a 9 TRILLION dollar deficit. we do not have money to throw at ANY other country and i don't understand how these presidents cannot see that fact. why would our own president want to jeopardize OUR currency?

Old 08-26-2009, 09:18 AM

7,085 posts, read 12,054,512 times
I love how people believe whatever comes in their inbox because it says something they like to hear.

The bill is nothing to do with what was sent, if you spent 10 seconds reading the bill text freely available online you wouldn't look so foolish. Though if you believe anything I have some swampland in Florida to sell you, PM your email address.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:19 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
<floridasandy> really needs to concentrate on trying to recognize and understand the world as it actually is...

Of the $20.3 million in new ERMA funds, $13.5 million will go to the U.N. Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA), $6 million to the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), and $800,000 to the U.N. Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA). These organizations are distributing emergency food assistance, providing medical assistance and temporary shelter, creating temporary employment, and restoring access to electricity and potable water to the people of Gaza.
-- US Department of State
saganista needs to understand that our country is BROKE and cannot be throwing money at other countries. there are private groups who are welcome to distribute foreign aid if they wish, but our country is not responsible for the welfare of other countries. the world trade imbalance has HURT the united states while benefiting other countries. it is time for the united states to take care of its own citizens, before our currency is completely worthless. we are looking at a 9 TRILLION dollar deficit while our currency is being devalued by all of this reckless spending. if you could look ahead for a second you would see the precarious position that our currency is in with this "international" agenda.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
hb 1388? the national service act that passed in april?

H.R.1388: The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

oh wait, no, that's hr 1388. hb 1388 is something about foster care, that passed in march.

House Bill 1388
Exactly. It's a foster care bill. Funny how fast the far right want to believe anything as long as it is negative news about Obama.

Old 08-26-2009, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i posted the exact information available on the federal register website, signed by obama, where he clearly appropriated american money to serve foreign interests.

i am certainly going to complain when our country is being run irresponsibly! i was no fan of bush and his irresponsible spending and i am no fan of obama and his irresponsible spending. i am non-partisan in my outrage, which our country could use more of actually. we are now facing a 9 TRILLION dollar deficit. we do not have money to throw at ANY other country and i don't understand how these presidents cannot see that fact. why would our own president want to jeopardize OUR currency?
the OP is not about obama "appropriating money to serve foreign interests" (he didn't appropriate it, he just directed it. it was already slated for foreign aid by, uh, the previous administration).

it is about obama allegedly appropriating money to transport "hundreds of thousands of hamas supporters" to the united states, feed and clothe them.

you only started complaining about international humanitarian aid in general after that claim was thoroughly debunked. if you really had a problem with the aid and not the lie about transporting palestinians here at the time that you posted that link, i would think you would have clarified that the OP was incorrect, but that you still had an issue with the real determination.

here's what you could have said to preserve your dignity:

oh. apparently i was wrong about what this presidential determination meant. but i still think we shouldn't be wasting our money on people in other countries when we have so many problems of our own at home.

easy!

Old 08-26-2009, 09:29 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,375,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Exactly. It's a foster care bill. Funny how fast the far right want to believe anything as long as it is negative news about Obama.
well because they spend all day looking for it. I think if I received this much spam I'd change my email address
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies