Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 10:08 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,674,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i commented on the executive order link that the OP posted, which is available in the very first post. if people post a link i actually read them. i read it (while some posters did not) and commented on it. what part of that is so hard to comprehend? the truth is that obama did sign that executive order as posted and i still feel that he has no right to give away taxpayer money to other countries when our own country is struggling. i guess we will see in the next couple of years who is correct on this subject. my guess is that americans are going to be pretty dissatisfied with all of this spending when the bills kick in....
"we don't need any more mouths to feed" in your original post clearly shows that you thought that palestinians would be coming here and would be "fed and housed" as the OP stated.

is it really so hard to just admit that you were mistaken?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 11:13 AM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
ENOUGH with these urban legend threads! I'm tired of the lies!

Old 08-26-2009, 11:45 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,477,737 times
What would Tim Tebow do?

Old 04-29-2010, 04:54 PM

563 posts, read 518,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
STOP: THIS IS A EMAIL SPAM LIE

This is a email spam lie that was started back in March. Folks really need to google information before they start to respond.

the mindless and gullable are so willing to believe before researching.

H.R. 1388 Passed “Behind Our Backs?” | FactCheck.org
And this Obama guy doesn't push for legislation that violates our Constitution of the United States of America......IE - Health Care Bill.

I went to the hospital and they asked for my medical card.....told them I don't have one, that Obama is picking up the bill......apparently nobody thought it was funny in the hospital. I then said, don't worry, I work and pay for what I need....Here it is.

Glad to see I wasn't the only in that room that thought that bill is utter BS.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzie679 View Post
ENOUGH with these urban legend threads! I'm tired of the lies!
The biggest lie was someone saying Obama is a President for the People......wait....wait....his lips are still moving....More Lies To Come....Tune in.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
As regards the executive order, do you understand that that money was already earmarked for overseas spending? Obama didn't just dip into the treasury and give away taxpayer money.

I guess you think we shouldn't give away any humanitarian aid to countries less fortunate than ours. And I'm not slamming you for having that opinion. But do you think most Americans think we should not show some generosity to people who are having a humanitarian crisis in other parts of the world? There was a violent episode between Palestine and Israel at the beginning of Obama's tenure, and most of the damage occurred in Palestine. And helping people in trouble around the world can also be an important part of the fight against terrorism.
I think that Humanitarian money should be helping our own in this Country until it is back up to speed. I feel sorry for folks in the other Countries, but NOT MY PROBLEM right now in this economy.

We need to take care of our own. Kinda like what happens in the South.

Old 04-29-2010, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
How has any of the tax money spent outside of the US benefit us. I still do not see how a war in IRAQ for the last 8 years have benfit us, those responsible for 9-11 were and are in Afghanastan. But that still does not negate the fact that the OP as well as those believing the email hoax responded as if it was true without researching before responding.
Got rid of one crazy dictator leader that wouldn't think twice about hurting us and has threatened us with weapons.....Got him, now get out of there.

In case anyone is in the cheap seats.....STILL WAITING FOR THIS OBAMA GUY TO DO SOMETHING GOOD FOR THIS COUNTRY AND THE MIDDLE CLASS LIKE HE SAID HE WOULD....

CHANGE....ITS COMING SOON!!!!

Old 04-29-2010, 05:02 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,340,799 times
Does Tommy Storm even know the topic of this thread?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM

5,513 posts, read 5,240,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
If this is true, it is another example of Obama ignoring the Constitution. Only Congress can authorize the spending of money. The President cannot "order" the spending of money via executitve order. Further, Executive Orders may not be used for things other than policy declarations. The President cannot "make law" via Executive Order".
Why does it keep happening? How can it be stopped?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:05 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i fail to see how spending 20.3 million taxpayer dollars in this "cause" benefits even one american!

mr. obama really needs to concentrate on the welfare of the united states since he was elected to represent the citizens of the united states......
Different issue all together.

If you want to start a thread, suggesting we should stop all foreign aid, do so.

This thread was started as a stupid attempt to attack our President on BASELESS arguments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies