Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:42 PM

2,788 posts, read 8,013,046 times

Advertisements

Seems like there are a lot of people in this thread that attempt to pluck the specks from others' eyes while ignoring the log in their own. Ted Kennedy did a horrific thing in earlier life that forced him to reevaluate his life and spent the rest of it attempting to redeem himself. I happen to believe that there is room for redemption in this society. These haters need to get a life.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:52 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,221,695 times
Well I prefer to say that it is an end of an era that I am proud to have seen. As a senator Ted Kennedy was very well respected and liked by Republicans and Democrats. How do any of us know, besides from the never ending negative 24 hour news we watch, what kind of person Ted Kennedy really was in personal form. I did not like him much back in the 70's and 80's but grew to respect him after that.
All of that being said...........Rest in Peace Ted Kennedy, your face will be missed in the Senate.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:55 PM

723 posts, read 1,634,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pug Life View Post
He went into a deep depression after that event and almost quit politics. He is a Catholic who regularly went to confession. He repented enough. He did not MURDER her, it was a horrible accident that he would go back and change if he could.

Seriously, how messed up can you people be that you bad mouth the man on the day of his death. At least give him a day to grow cold! Seriously, what is wrong with you all?
Atually it was murder. He was the only one who knew she was trapped in the car and the only one who could have helped her live or die. By his intentional act of not telling anyone that she was down there, it WAS indeed, murder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I agree with you, but today is not the day for this.
Well, if the bible is right, now IS the time for it.

It's funny how death makes people lose their good sense sometimes. TK dies and it's bad taste to bring up his DUI murder. MJ dies and it's bad taste to mention his pedophilia. I can't wait until OJ dies so we can all hear what a great football player he was, and when Charlse Manson dies, we can he about what a great leader he was.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:57 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcrackly View Post
Seems like there are a lot of people in this thread that attempt to pluck the specks from others' eyes while ignoring the log in their own. Ted Kennedy did a horrific thing in earlier life that forced him to reevaluate his life and spent the rest of it attempting to redeem himself. I happen to believe that there is room for redemption in this society. These haters need to get a life.
Well, I think these little "mini-gods" do NOT believe in doing good while on earth. Since THEY have never sinned they want sinners to suffer for their "sins".
They believe in silly fairy tales where a mean red guy with horns and a tail tortures their enemies...er..I mean the sinners...they do NOT believe in doing good while on earth as any kind of redemption....so I must believe THEY do NO good on earth as THEY believe it's just wasted....and they have proved me right.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:58 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,192,463 times
President Obama's Statement On Senator Kennedy's Death

YouTube - President Obama's Statement On Senator Kennedy's Death

Old 08-26-2009, 04:58 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,543,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar
This thread is about Ted Kennedy, his life and his actions within that lifetime. That said, he will always be inextricably linked to the tragic death of Mary Jo Kopechne. His actions in the nine hours after that car went into the shallow canal -- only 6' deep with water -- show his character plainly to all. The lies, the evasion, the obstruction of justice, the attempt to have someone else take the fall for his actions, Mary Jo's pregnancy and state of her clothing when she was found in the car, the fact that five minutes before the accident Kennedy was avoiding the local police patrol, and most condemning of all, the fact that Mary Jo lived for 4-6 HOURS after the car went into the water, clinging to the back seat of the upturned car, breathing desperately from the bubble of air trapped in the back, slowly suffocating to death as the oxygen was used up, and hoping that Ted would have the balls to save her. But he chose to let her die.

All of those speak loudly to his guilt in the death of Mary Jo. Some may say this thread is not about Mary Jo, but you cannot ever have a discussion regarding Ted Kennedy's life without fairly mentioning poor Mary Jo whose life was cut so short by his heinous actions.

Ted had 40 more years than he deserved. Too bad those were 40 years he took away from Mary Jo.

Dang Mercury.........you nailed it........

Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,146,264 times
Yes, he fought for affordable health care for all Americans, fought for civil rights, fought against aparteid, fought for peace especially in Ireland....devoted his life to public service when he could've just wallowed in his wealth......naturally Republicans hate him.

Last edited by gallowsCalibrator; 08-26-2009 at 05:16 PM.. Reason: post you quoted was removed

Old 08-26-2009, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
President Obama's Statement On Senator Kennedy's Death

YouTube - President Obama's Statement On Senator Kennedy's Death

And?????????

Old 08-26-2009, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Yes, he fought for affordable health care for all Americans, fought for civil rights, fought against aparteid, fought for peace especially in Ireland....devoted his life to public service when he could've just wallowed in his wealth......naturally Republicans hate him.

And blocked anything that looked like it would protect the unborn.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:05 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times
Rip
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies