Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2009, 07:15 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

You guys are right, speaking for myself, the only thing negotive I know about Ted is Chappaquiddick and everything else was hearsay. So actually I have no "hate" toward the man. But for many years I felt that he was working against JFK and Bobbie. But this too was many years ago.

Last edited by mkfarnam; 08-27-2009 at 07:25 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:21 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,150,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
Indeed.

Too bad our conservative/Republican posters who disagreed with Senator Kennedy could not show this level of class.

Yes, the more I read what the Repugs say about Kennedy...the more I admire him !!!

I am so happy he had almost 50 years to aggravate them

Old 08-27-2009, 08:15 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,944,793 times
Quote:
the only thing negotive I know about Ted is Chappaquiddick and everything else was hearsay.
He was a cheater at harvard as well as committing plagiarism, among other things.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:20 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Drunk driving is not the point.
Causing the death of someone while intoxicated is.
If one voluntarily intoxicates himself, he is criminally liable for the damage he does. What would have been accidental becomes criminal.

That it wasn't always prosecuted is the fault of the corrupt judicial system, where "insiders" could afford the best justice money could buy.
Did you know that at one time, voluntary intoxication was a DEFENSE in some states??? Bet you didn't.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:32 PM

243 posts, read 343,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Did you know that at one time, voluntary intoxication was a DEFENSE in some states??? Bet you didn't.

There is no excuse for drunk driving but you are also a complete fool if you make a CHOICE to get a ride with a drunk when there is a chauffeur there. Hello?

If a drunk driver hits another car and kills the passengers in that car, they had no choice.

The passenger in Kennedy's car had a choice~

Old 08-27-2009, 08:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indurain View Post
Kennedy helped draft/sponsored 2,500+ pieces of legislation during his time as Senator.
That is some achievement.

Wow, that is a ton of welfare and handouts.

How many has Obama drafted? I seem to forget how many he did.

After 40 + years you would think you could draft 62 bills in a year.

62 per year for 40 years means he did not get much done for the 200,000.00 he was earning.

If you or I would only draft 62 per year with 25 employee doing the work for us and we made 200,000 plus expense accounts we would have been fired a long time ago.

Go ahead puff the man up, but I am still hanging with his major accomplishment being he got away will allowing a young lady to drown and did nothing but go home and go to bed.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:43 PM

Ted Kennedy’s legacy not as heroic as some might think - BostonHerald.com

Quote:
On issue after issue he was wrong - the nuclear freeze, the Reagan tax cuts, the Immigration Reform Act of 1965, which he assured his Senate colleagues would not lead to a “flood” of immigrants into America’s cities.
Quote:
“Do we operate under a system of equal justice under law? Or is there one system for the average citizen and another for the high and mighty?”
How can a man would said the above look himself in the mirror after he left a woman to drown? Being part of the "high and mighty" has it's benefits - like escaping a manslaughter charge.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:45 PM

Fox News beats CNN and MSNBC with more limited Kennedy coverage | Show Tracker | Los Angeles Times

Looks like Fox News made a wise business decision again with limited coverage of Kennedy.

Don't the liberals understand that most of the country has an unfavorable opinion of Kennedy and his clan?

Quote:
Fox News maintained its top ranking among the cable news channels Wednesday as its competitors turned most of their coverage over to the death of Sen. Edward Kennedy. The event didn't prove to be a major draw for viewers, however. Fox, which covered the story in a more limited fashion, drew an average of 1.37 million viewers throughout the entire day and 2.67 million viewers during prime time, according to Nielsen Media Research.

Old 08-27-2009, 09:46 PM

2,794 posts, read 4,156,038 times
I couldn't wade thru all the stupidity & hatred on this thread.

Found out today Kennedy did a LOT more than I had a clue he did, he did SO much to help the disabled in this country,and women & children as well. WOW.

Thank you, Teddy: Why I am eternally grateful for Edward M. Kennedy's life -- and death

Old 08-27-2009, 09:50 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,306,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KsStorm View Post
I couldn't wade thru all the stupidity & hatred on this thread.

Found out today Kennedy did a LOT more than I had a clue he did, he did SO much to help the disabled in this country,and women & children as well. WOW.

Thank you, Teddy: Why I am eternally grateful for Edward M. Kennedy's life -- and death
On July 18, 1969 Ted Kennedy didn't do a damn thing to help save a woman's life. WOW!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies