Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 10:59 PM

3,857 posts, read 4,215,542 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Like Taxes View Post
I have no problem stating 5 good things Kennedy has done in his long legislature career created and continued by family and fortune--hardly American.

Same goes with Bush, so don't even think about playing that card, but it is funny to see certain liberals canonize this man even though he stood against everything true liberalism stands for.

Teddy's character's did shape up, but it took him until his late 30's. He ****ed up numerous times before that, and thanks to aristocracy, he was saved (again hardly liberal, in its truest sense).

I grew up in MA and liberal doctrine and while it does have noble causes, I eventually grew out of it and became a libertarian. While there was no one incident that pushed me in that direction, Teddy's resistance to windfarm's on Nantucket Sound pushed me further and further away from this "great Lion of the people" and liberal doctrine. While it was shown to be economically sound, it disrupted his views and sailing extravaganzas. It was definitely a crucial moment in my views of liberalism in the state of MA. We could have been on the leading edge of wind energy, but no....aristocracy stood in our way.

I find it ironic that Dems praise environmental values, but shut down economically sound projects because it spoils their views. I was nonetheless, than a liberal without a party. I thought the state could mandate and legislate economically and environmentally sound policies, but I was wrong.
OMG!! Ted didn't want a windfarm! OMG! That's one of the most horrific things I've ever heard. Clearly it was superior intellect which caused people to turn their backs on a lifetime of "liberal doctrine" when they heard such news!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 11:08 PM

654 posts, read 466,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
OMG!! Ted didn't want a windfarm! OMG! That's one of the most horrific things I've ever heard. Clearly it was superior intellect which caused people to turn their backs on a lifetime of "liberal doctrine" when they heard such news!
I'll dance.

Tell me one reason why there shouldn't be a windfarm in Nantucket Sound.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:09 PM

757 posts, read 802,949 times
I find it fascinating that when the discussion was about George W Bush's DUI charge, Republicans said what happened 30 years ago doesn't matter. Yet when confronted with Ted Kennedy's amazing life of service to the citizens of the US, the only thing Reps can focus on was an auto accident that happened over 50 years ago? Seems the height of hypocrisy.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:11 PM

Quote:
I'll dance.

Tell my one reason why there shouldn't be a windfarm in Nantucket Sound.
Don't know. What did Senator Kennedy say?

I think windfarms are nice at the foot of the mountains between Boulder and Golden, CO.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I find it fascinating that when the discussion was about George W Bush's DUI charge
I hate defending Bush, but wtf are you talking about? George was never involved in an accident. I assume that you are talking about Laura, which is independent of government.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin13 View Post
Don't know. What did Senator Kennedy say?

I think windfarms are nice at the foot of the mountains between Boulder and Golden, CO.
Talk about a sheep. "Hey, I don't know, but if Ted Kennedy says windfarms are bad, then I believe him".

Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okccowboy View Post
I find it fascinating that when the discussion was about George W Bush's DUI charge, Republicans said what happened 30 years ago doesn't matter. Yet when confronted with Ted Kennedy's amazing life of service to the citizens of the US, the only thing Reps can focus on was an auto accident that happened over 50 years ago? Seems the height of hypocrisy.
Quote:
I hate defending Bush, but wtf are you talking about? George was never involved in an accident. I assume that you are talking about Laura, which is independent of government.

THIS is what okccowboy is talking about:

CNN.com - Bush acknowledges 1976 DUI charge - November 2, 2000

No accident, but nevertheless a DUI.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:21 PM

757 posts, read 802,949 times
May I suggest you reread the post? I never said George Bush was involved in an accident. George Bush was arrested for driving drunk and Reps said it didn't matter because it was so long ago. Are you connecting the dots yet?

Quote:

Old 08-28-2009, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Talk about a sheep. "Hey, I don't know, but if Ted Kennedy says windfarms are bad, then I believe him".
YOU said Ted Kennedy stopped the windfarm. I don't live in MA now and never have lived there. I would assume if the Senator stopped the windfarm, then there should be something on the record regarding his position. Did YOU ever know his reasons?

I did not say that I thought windfarms are bad. As a matter of fact, I pointed out that I think the windfarms in the foothills near Boulder, CO, are actually nice! I think windfarms are a great idea. I LIKE windfarms. lol

Talk about jumping the gun and OVER GENERALIZING from the two words I wrote ("don't know").........OMG!~ you were just waiting to pounce!

Old 08-28-2009, 11:26 PM

Quote:
The post said D-U-I.......not accident. Trouble reading this late at night?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies