Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 11:23 AM

9,644 posts, read 9,843,482 times

Advertisements

[quote=reconmark;11411939]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who needs health insurance anyway?

Why don't we pay for what we use.

It all sounds like a scam either way, no matter if it is the government run or insurance ran.

What in the heck did we all do as a nation, before insurance?[/QUOTE]

Died.

Lived with deformed limbs from mis-healed broken bones.

Perished from whooping cough, T.B.,fever and minor infections, etc.
No that would be before doctors or being able to take a horse to visit a doctor lol

Heck even on little house on the praire they would give a chicken to medicine lol and the doctor was happy with that chicken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2009, 11:59 AM

3,004 posts, read 6,272,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who needs health insurance anyway?

Why don't we pay for what we use.

It all sounds like a scam either way, no matter if it is the government run or insurance ran.

What in the heck did we all do as a nation, before insurance?

It's a crappy system. I'd love to just pay my doctor a hundred bucks a month and that's that, but it doesn't work that way.

We need some kind of reform. If lobbyists weren't so powerful and if it weren't so damn partisan, I'd have some faith in our government.

I'd love to protest healthcare by not paying or something, but I don't really want to do that do I? :0

Old 10-30-2009, 12:03 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,425,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, whaddaya know?

John Stossel formulating right wing talking points. Now that's an entirely unexpected development!

He's the guy who hates public education, too.

Stossel’s "Stupid" Schools
OK. So what in this story isn't true? If this is all propaganda, what about it isn't true? Unless you can come up with something other than "republican bad", you have nothing to say.

Either none of this is true, or you want programs like this in America. Which is it? If it's not true, what about it isn't true? C'mon....enlighten us.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,866,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
lol attack? What was the attack?

So you can state your opinion but I cant state mine? I cant point out that you appear to have a double standard since you are complaining about republicans using the net for talking points while the democrats do it
Where did I complain? That's what makes it an attack, Jadex. Because an observation isn't a complaint. Get it?????

Old 10-30-2009, 01:41 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,730,943 times
John Stassel is one of the best people at ABC and I heard he is joining Fox Business News...

Old 10-30-2009, 11:40 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
John Stoesel is a pretty boy with an empty head like Paris Hilton. I've watched his twisted spins many times and came away thinking that on the spectrum of real reporters he fits somewhere above Jerry Springer and more like Geraldo Rivera on Valium.

Any one on any side of any argument can spin any thing into a total pack of nonsense, as we've seen the right wing do with "death panels" and other sick tales from the bizarre world of racist extremism that inhabits the far right of the GOP.

You attacked and insulted the reporter rather than challenging his information.

I'm so surprised!

Liberals never do that.

What facts presented in the video are inaccurate?

Think they don't have "death panels" in Europe?

"... I caught pneumonia and was rushed to hospital. The hospital in Geneva suggested to my wife that it was not worth keeping the life support machine on."

Hawking biography

Old 10-30-2009, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geechie North View Post
Quite right!

Bankrolled by CATO.

Facts from his anus.

An ABC exclusive, we could wish.

But he's just another corporate lackey, as found in all domestic media.
Think they don't really draw names for primary care physicians in Canada or pull their own teeth in GB?

All made up from thin air?

Old 10-30-2009, 11:44 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,690,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
The REAL TRUTH....................

ABC's John Stossel Destroys/Pulverizes/Crushes Obama's anti-American 'Health Care' Plan

YouTube - ABC's John Stossel Destroys/Pulverizes/Crushes Obama's anti-American 'Health Care' Plan
Poor John tried to pass off programs produced by FREEDOMWORKS as investigative journalism and got caught. Fired like the paid lobbyist he is.

Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
would you say the same about ralph nader? he certainly gives obama health care a scathing review as well. i don't think that people can deny that nader has been an advocate for the little guy/ consumer for a long time.
Ralph Nader: ‘Between the Rhetoric and the Reality’ | Independent Political Report

That was a good article.

Thanks for the link.

Without saying it, he expresses what I've know all along. The health care reform initiatives under consideration are expressions of no solid values one way or another. They are acceptable to the administration in any form they may take because this has never been about changing our health care delivery system. If it were, solutions would be obvious, and the goals of universal access and cost control would be realized through practical, common sense remedies. Everyone would understand the pros and cons and public support would be forth coming. But this is something else. This is a scam. Just like the Cap and Trade energy tax and the "stimulus" package before it, this is a bait and switch scheme that will justify previously unacceptable taxes, fines and surcharges. All of these new revenues, like the borrowed stimulus dollars before them, will be subject to redirection to officeholder's electioneering efforts while the public option withers on the vine. But don't worry, the underfunding of the new program will justify even higher taxes, premiums and fines. For liberal statists, this is truly the gift that keeps giving. For current office holders, the public option, like the stimulus before it, is another grand opportunity to chum the organized labor and corporate waters for new team members who understand the financial benefit to keeping the current bunch in office.

Old 10-31-2009, 04:46 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,345,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
Yes I think so it has already started. Even without watching the video and listening to Canadians and how bad it is up there! the left cannot even think about anyone talking bad about "the one" because all they think is about the free which is not really free at all. Nor will it lead to Better care infact it will lead to the opposite of what we have today.

For every Canadian who will tell you how bad it is up there (a handful), you will find 100000 Americans that will tell you how bad it is down here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies