Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Support Obama's Plans For a Civilian Army on the Streets of America
Hell No 105 78.95%
No 6 4.51%
Yes 2 1.50%
Hell Yes 11 8.27%
Other 3 2.26%
Not Sure 6 4.51%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2009, 04:30 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siouxcia View Post
When YOU post something as fact the onus is on YOU to provide a link to YOUR claim.

*Geeze Louise!!*
The information is all over the internet. Obama does not hide his plans.

Watch Glenn Beck tomorrow for even more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2009, 04:40 PM

3,813 posts, read 4,913,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
The information is all over the internet. Obama does not hide his plans.

Watch Glenn Beck tomorrow for even more details.
I repeat, when YOU post something as fact, it is YOUR responsibility to post the links to said facts.

I don't watch talk shows. Doesn't matter which side they're on. I form my own opinions, not the opinion of a television 'personality'. If a bill is being discussed, I read the bill. If there is a link to a bill in front of the House or Senate regarding the formation of a 'Civilian Army', I'll read it.

Link? Don't have one? Doesn't exist? Your poll is, hmmmm, how can I put it........, how's this>>>>>IT"S STUPID!!

Old 08-26-2009, 04:51 PM

113 posts, read 86,909 times
Quote:
I repeat, when YOU post something as fact, it is YOUR responsibility to post the links to said facts.

I don't watch talk shows. Doesn't matter which side they're on. I form my own opinions, not the opinion of a television 'personality'. If a bill is being discussed, I read the bill. If there is a link to a bill in front of the House or Senate regarding the formation of a 'Civilian Army', I'll read it.

Link? Don't have one? Doesn't exist? Your poll is, hmmmm, how can I put it........, how's this>>>>>IT"S STUPID!!
Did you even watch the freaking video to his speech? How many times can you keep repeating this and ignoring the evidence?

Old 08-26-2009, 04:53 PM

or try reading the Bill itself HR 1388 H.R.1388: The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act - U.S. Congress - OpenCongress

The Edward M. Kennedy Serve America Act (formally the Generations Invigorating Volunteerism and Education (GIVE) Act) authorizes a dramatic funding increase for AmeriCorps and other volunteer programs, and the creation of new programs for seniors and veterans. It establishes a goal of expanding from 75,000 government-supported volunteers to 250,000, and would increase education funding and establish a summer volunteer program for students, paying $500 (which would be applied to college costs) to high-school and middle-school student who participate.
President Barack Obama signed the legislation on April 21, 2009. While it authorizes $5.7 billion over six years, Congress must still approve the funding as part of the budget.

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 08-26-2009 at 05:26 PM..

Old 08-26-2009, 04:56 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
enough ostrich behavior. the streets are out of control.
of course any attempt at a gun grab, you know very well where that is coming from under any pretext. support state militias support NRA.

Old 08-26-2009, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypton View Post
Did you even watch the freaking video to his speech? How many times can you keep repeating this and ignoring the evidence?
A speech he made over a year ago when he wasn't President? Not interested. I'm interested what he is doing NOW as President to form this so called 'Civilian Army'. It amazes me how Beck (since he's been referenced as THE person with the info) can create the hysteria he does with NO facts.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Default Here are a few links.

As to their credibility, you can be the judge. I will say I heard about this a while back, but like an earlier poster, haven't heard much since. Perhaps it has been put on the back burner for now, since the president currently has much bigger fish to fry. And speaking as an American, I don't have to be provided with a mountain of info. to vote on the poll. Because I don't care who was sitting in that seat, I would vote "Hell No!" I don't even care if the question is purely hypothetical. My very nature screams "NO" when confronted with this sort of question. It's a "no brainer" But here are some links for those who might like to take a look. Like I said, I can't speak to their credibility. But I can say that my answer would be "Hell No" regardless.

American Thinker: Obama's Civilian National Security Force

Obama plans a "Civilian Security Force: » Propeller (http://www.propeller.com/story/2008/10/29/obama-plans-a-quotcivilian-security-force/ - broken link)

Obama outlines plan for national service

Obama's 'civilian national security force'

House adopts plan for 'volunteer' corps

Obama’s “Civilian National Security Force”

Obama plans 'Civilian National Security Force'

Snooper's Take Our Country Back - Journal - Obama's Civilian National Security Force -*Again

Old 08-26-2009, 05:01 PM

113 posts, read 86,909 times
Quote:
A speech he made over a year ago when he wasn't President? Not interested. I'm interested what he is doing NOW as President to form this so called 'Civilian Army'. It amazes me how Beck (since he's been referenced as THE person with the info) can create the hysteria he does with NO facts. Amazing! I'm sure glad I already have a brain and don't need to see the Wizard (Beck) for one.

Here ya go,
Campaign speeches are how Presidents garner votes to get elected. So he can say anything he wants during the campaign and then not follow through like he's done with his "transparency" and a host of other lies he told during his campaign. I'm beginning to believe that Obama could walk into a restaurant, pull a gun, and shoot someone and the progressives would still defend and rationalize his actions.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:02 PM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times
Default Glenn Beck will be clear tomorrow too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crypton View Post
You noticed that too about him. The video is clear.

Glenn Beck will be clear tomorrow too.

Old 08-26-2009, 05:10 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,644,965 times
Default Stay on topic folks.

Discuss the OP and stay on topic people. Even the video of the "Obama youth" was off topic because it obviously did not represent some kind of "civilian battalion under the control of Obama" That video has been discussed to death in earlier threads anyway. So please, stay on topic and no personal attacks. If you can't post and actually debate the issue without attacking the poster, don't reply to this OP. Just move on. Thank you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies