Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 01:51 PM

1,555 posts, read 1,978,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
And you not being disturbed by such and opportunistic statement is?????
Universal healthcare (not to be redundant here) was a passionate cause of his. So yeah, do it for him! Opportunistic? Who knows. Maybe. But I bet you if Kennedy thought invoking his name would advance the cause, he'd say 'do it.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 02:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,851,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bls5555 View Post
Lot of good he did in that 50 yrs since it is in such horrible shape right now, right?

He was 77 with brain cancer. It is very sad that he is gone but come on. Tying Obamacare to someone who wouldn't have benefited AT ALL, at least if he wasn't a govt. employee, is beyond pathetic.
Do you not understand? Kennedy tied himself to health reform. He was very much a supporter of this bill. One of his priorities for the last 40 years has been healthcare.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:46 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,851,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomotive View Post
You're quite right about Kennedy. If he had the healthcare plan the dems would like to stick on all of us, he would have died while standing in line waiting for care. Or,he would have been given some pills and been told he wasn't worth saving in his condition. Oh, wait! He's a government employee so he rated the best care possible, paid for by you and me. Your welcome. If they want to use him to further the propoganda spewed by the white house, it only proves the point the republicans are talking about. The dems want to force stuff down our throat, but we must still treat them like they are better than the rest of us.
One of the things Kennedy said himself during one of his interviews, I think the one with Larry King, was that it deeply troubled him that he received a level of care far and above what most people could expect, simply because he could afford it. And I think the implication was that he, Kennedy, personally paid for his healthcare, that he didn't get his medical bills paid for by you or me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies