Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 10:25 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,921,017 times

Advertisements

Absolutely incredible.

YouTube - id check

You can bet any of those union thugs holding up their manufactured signs wouldn't be asked to show ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 01:41 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,908,801 times
A few things come to mind:

1. Congressman Moron (oops, Moran) thinking: "I thought we had the whole crowd covered with shills and plants. How did this guy get in?"

2. To all libs / Democrat shills including this Congressman and Senators. Keep up the good work by being arrogant, condescending, and calling genuinely concerned people who does not agree with you "stupid" and "crazy". MSNBC really comes to mind here. It really helps convincing others that your opinion is correct. Please do it as often as possible, especially to independents and moderates. Your attitude will really come in handy in future elections. Please keep it up. We need more republicans in 2010...

3. While this Congressman checks IDs of legal residents, his fellow Congressmen voted down an amendment which would force a check for citizenship before getting health care. Irony?

Old 08-27-2009, 01:53 PM

1,637 posts, read 1,908,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkbatca View Post
A few things come to mind:

1. Congressman Moron (oops, Moran) thinking: "I thought we had the whole crowd covered with shills and plants. How did this guy get in?"

2. To all libs / Democrat shills including this Congressman and Senators. Keep up the good work by being arrogant, condescending, and calling genuinely concerned people who does not agree with you "stupid" and "crazy". MSNBC really comes to mind here. It really helps convincing others that your opinion is correct. Please do it as often as possible, especially to independents and moderates. Your attitude will really come in handy in future elections. Please keep it up. We need more republicans in 2010...

3. While this Congressman checks IDs of legal residents, his fellow Congressmen voted down an amendment which would force a check for citizenship before getting health care. Irony?
One more thing. You watch numerous condescending aholes like this Congressman. You see where the direction of this country is heading and now you know what's going to happen if you just hide in your home and pretend everything is OK. If you do not vote these arrogant pr*cks out of office in 2010, you will get the government you deserve, and you now know what you will get.

This video comes to mind from this crazy dude...

Old 08-27-2009, 01:59 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,853,601 times
If I lived in Moran's district, I'd thank him. The town hall meeting in his district was meant for that district's constituents. People who were there who didn't reside in the district were taking seats from people who did. Moran doesn't represent me or you, he represents the people in his district. And this was an opportunity for the people he does represent to express their concerns and viewpoints.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:06 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,550,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If I lived in Moran's district, I'd thank him. The town hall meeting in his district was meant for that district's constituents. People who were there who didn't reside in the district were taking seats from people who did. Moran doesn't represent me or you, he represents the people in his district. And this was an opportunity for the people he does represent to express their concerns and viewpoints.
Lets hope all the union people in attendance with their flashy new signs were also local residents -- I think not! Seems to me some of them may have been shipped in.

Old 08-27-2009, 02:11 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,577,683 times
Guess what:

Moran "Voted NO on requiring photo ID for voting in federal elections. (Sep 2006)"

James Moran on the Issues

Old 08-27-2009, 02:13 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,853,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottasay View Post
Lets hope all the union people in attendance with their flashy new signs were also local residents -- I think not! Seems to me some of them may have been shipped in.
Were you in attendance?

I read an account from a liberal who was in attendance, but so far haven't found a conservative account. It was my understanding that people lined up hours ahead of time to get in, and that the people at the entrances tried to screen the people entering to just the people from the district, but that some non-district people did get in. Was that your experience?

This is the account I read.

A Friend Reports from a Town Hall Meeting

Old 08-27-2009, 02:20 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Absolutely incredible.

YouTube - id check

You can bet any of those union thugs holding up their manufactured signs wouldn't be asked to show ID.
Cant complain that they arent in their district now. Whats the next excuse

Old 08-27-2009, 02:21 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,839,999 times
Quote:
Were you in attendance?

I read an account from a liberal who was in attendance, but so far haven't found a conservative account. It was my understanding that people lined up hours ahead of time to get in, and that the people at the entrances tried to screen the people entering to just the people from the district, but that some non-district people did get in. Was that your experience?

He was already in the room and before the senator when asked for his id by the senator did you even watch the video?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:22 PM

17,397 posts, read 11,963,402 times
Quote:
Were you in attendance?

VERY unbiased report. MoveOn.org told them what time to get there. How's that for astroturf.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies