Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are gays a threat to the public good?
Yes 36 12.16%
No 244 82.43%
Maybe 2 0.68%
Sometimes 12 4.05%
I don't know 2 0.68%
Voters: 296. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 01:55 AM
KoT

103 posts, read 186,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
Do you honestly think people choose whether or not they are heterosexual or homosexual? Because that is the ONLY way homosexuality could 'spread'. And you honestly don't think 6 billion people on this planet is enough? Whether someone is considered 'normal' is not a consideration when discussing rights. And this discussion is NOT about 'reproduction'. And, sorry to disappoint you, but you didn't sound 'preachy' - you just sounded ignorant.
Yes, people make a decision to be homosexual. They are not born homosexual. I'm sure that comment will get bashed and flamed just like the next one. I believe God created man in his image. God is not homosexual, therefore one cannot be born homosexual. Flame on...

Not commenting in these homosexual threads any more because one cannot make a statement that they believe in without getting trashed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 02:10 AM

243 posts, read 343,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoT View Post
Yes, people make a decision to be homosexual. They are not born homosexual. I'm sure that comment will get bashed and flamed just like the next one. I believe God created man in his image. God is not homosexual, therefore one cannot be born homosexual. Flame on...

Not commenting in these homosexual threads any more because one cannot make a statement that they believe in without getting trashed.

You can find homosexual behavior all over the animal kingdom so God must think its ok because she made the animals too~

Old 09-04-2009, 04:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,396,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBoned View Post
I dont want to catch my son down in the basement sitting in a circle with his friends again. He never playes football and wanted to join theater. He asked me to go to a art museum the other day. I am thinking of takin him to one of the good Christian camps to help get these demons out of him and get him good and normal for GOd to like him.
Let me guess...your last name is "Stepford".

Old 09-04-2009, 06:07 AM

1,025 posts, read 1,754,020 times
Quote:

Oh really...., so explain this, did you chose to be straight? When you hit puberty, did you just all of sudden say "umm, geez, I feel like having attraction towards the opposite sex"??

It didn't happen to me like that. When I hit puberty, instead of noticing girls, I had an interest in guys. I didn't want to be this way and I try my hardest for years to be straight and notice girls, out of fear of ridicule from my family and peers and over that fact that I wanted to be "normal" like everyone else. It took me 14 years to realize that I'm stuck with this and I have to deal with it. I've been depressed and drained over the years from dealing with this.

Sorry to go off on a personal story, but I'm just getting very frustrated with the religious right who all ways claim to know stuff about gays when they don't have a freaking clue what we deal with on a daily basis. Do you honestly believe a young gay boy in school chooses to be gay to get bullied and beat up? Are you really that out of touch with people. Gays aren't hurting anyone, we are just trying to live our lives normally as possible, but religious nuts and other bigots make it extremely difficult thing to do.

Old 09-04-2009, 09:45 AM

757 posts, read 803,521 times
World population is threatened by gay people? LMAO World population stands at 6,781,930,345 06:09 GMT (EST+5) Sep 04, 2009. That is with gay people being on the planet the entire time. How do you explain 6 billion people with all the gays?

Quote:
Yes, it is a threat to the public good. First, whether you like it or not, the more that homosexuality spreads, the less reproduction there is. World population would suffer. Second, it is not normal no matter how many times it is debated. Reproduction was meant between a man and a woman, not woman-woman or man-man. Don't mean to sound preachy, just how I feel.

Old 09-04-2009, 10:29 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,755,293 times
Quote:

Actually, the only 'decision' in one's sexual orientation is whether to be open and honest about it or spend a lifetime trying to hide it. As for God creating man in His image, I've always heard that meant His spiritual image, not a 'fleshly' image because God has no flesh. Thus God is neither homosexual, heterosexual nor bisexual and has no sexual identity at all.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:18 AM

182 posts, read 332,110 times
Quote:
I believe God created man in his image. God is not homosexual, therefore one cannot be born homosexual. Flame on...
Using that logic,

-God is not a woman, therefore one cannot be born a woman
-God does not have Downs syndrome, therefore one cannot be born with Downs
-God is all powerful, therefore one cannot be born not all powerful

I'll have to ask my wife when she decided to be woman.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:37 AM

4,474 posts, read 5,416,945 times
Quote:

Sorry, but the entire mental health profession says you are wrong.

We have a choice whether to follow the word of an ancient manuscript with questionable motives, or the psychiactric peer review group responsible for the DSM diagnosis and treatment codex used by most of the world.

I'll choose the science any day of the week.

And if you're going to make ignroant statements, either expect to get "trashed", don't make them, or even better, get educated on the matter.

Old 09-04-2009, 11:45 AM

82 posts, read 192,843 times
No, not a threat.

And I won't even entertain the idea that it's a choice, until someone gives me a valid reason as to WHY anyone would make that choice. Choices have pay-offs. Always. If there's no benefit to being gay, the logic of it being a choice goes right out the window.

Old 09-04-2009, 01:23 PM

19,112 posts, read 30,645,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbmac View Post
No, not a threat.

And I won't even entertain the idea that it's a choice, until someone gives me a valid reason as to WHY anyone would make that choice. Choices have pay-offs. Always. If there's no benefit to being gay, the logic of it being a choice goes right out the window.
I try not to get involved with the 'being gay is a choice!!' arguments because of this exact reason.

If someone got to see first hand the torment of what my gay friends have gone through they would never say it's simply a 'choice'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies