Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2009, 07:50 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,603,285 times

Advertisements

These characteristics would put you in the overall category of libertarian. Your natural home at PoliticsForum would be the Liberalism area.

Same result as that other 5-10 question quiz that is going around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2009, 07:55 PM

4,127 posts, read 5,065,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haaziq View Post
Nobody's posting their results?
Does that surprize you? I'd bet a lot of folks are surprized to find out they're not what they think they are. I'm guessing a few folks will need time to come to terms with it.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:05 PM

7,085 posts, read 12,050,618 times
Not quite what I thought, but very interesting.

More social by 3 pts, Materialist by 25 pts, Small government by 20 pts, Internationist by 17, Free trader by 27 pts, non-absoluist by 23 pts, liberal by 2 pts, non-Marxist by 17 pts.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:18 PM

654 posts, read 465,958 times
Marxist/communist

o.O

I scored high in the individual, liberal markets, free trade, small government, materialist.

Old 08-27-2009, 08:27 PM

5,638 posts, read 6,513,048 times
I'm a Liberal
I'm on the social side (72)
I'm Theist (74)
I'm a bit for bigger Gov't (64)
I'm a bit of a Nationalist (61)
I'm ANTI-free trade, a big protectionist
I'm neither an absolutist or non-absolutist
I'm big on controlling markets
I'm slightly Marxist

Old 08-28-2009, 01:23 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,205,685 times
Copying my results from the other thread for interest's sake:

Quote:
Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you an individually-orientated, materialist, small-government, nationalist, non-absolutist, kind of person. These characteristics would put you in the overall category of borderline nationalist. Your natural home at PoliticsForum would be the Nationalism area.

You scored 27 out of 100 on a scale of Individual vs Social. This means that politically you are less likely to value the need for group actions and group benefit over individual enterprise and benefit.

You scored 93 out of 100 on a scale of Theist vs Materialist. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that religion and spirituality are superstitions that should not inform political debate.

You scored 84 out of 100 on a scale of Big Government vs Small Government. This means that politically you are more likely to believe that government should keep out of legislating social policies, leaving such decisions to individuals.

You scored 34 out of 100 on a scale of Nationalist vs Internationalist. This means that politically you are less likely to favour international bodies over national ones.

You scored 48 out of 100 on a scale of Protectionist vs Free Trader. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to favour free trade over protectionist policies.

You scored 63 out of 100 on a scale of Absolutist vs Non Absolutist. This means that politically you are less likely to believe that there is an absolute truth that may guide your ideological beliefs.

You scored 44 out of 100 on a scale of Controlled Market vs Liberal Market. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to believe that there is need for government regulation of industry.

You scored 46 out of 100 on a scale of Marxist vs Non-Marxist. This means that politically you are neither more nor less likely to follow the philosophies of Marx.
So basically, I'm a self-centered atheist who is a little obsessed with the "American" label. Also, I see the Marxist results are confusing some.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:45 AM

952 posts, read 942,121 times
uhh...I'm not sure I like that test too much...

My results said: You're a scurvy dog, a sleazy weasel, a sniveling ca-ca, a worthless cow-pattie, unworthy of the cow that died to make your stinking belt you running-dog jackal! WTH!!

wonder if I could run for office....

Old 08-28-2009, 01:54 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,205,685 times
You definitely have the prerequisites! All you need to do is hone your brown-nosing skills and you'll likely become the president in no time!

Old 08-28-2009, 03:16 AM

2,593 posts, read 4,237,259 times
No big surprises here:

[SIZE=4]Overall, the PoliticsForum quiz considers you a socially-orientated, small-government, protectionist, controlled-market kind of person, who also seems quite Marxist.[/SIZE]

Old 08-28-2009, 10:39 AM

5,160 posts, read 9,169,019 times
There is more to Marx than political philosophy. Marx contributed to many fields from anthropology to literary criticism to sociology. His philosophy wasn't all political. So some of the concepts in the quiz were in fact pioneered by Marx, including ones that aren't political at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies