Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How low can they go?
This is pretty low, can't get much worse 4 9.76%
Their hate has no bounds or limits of decency 29 70.73%
UnAmerican 0 0%
Inhumane 0 0%
2-5 8 19.51%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,454,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Nothing that they aren't saying right now.

You think that because someone is dead it's not fair to pick on them because they can't defend themselves?

Respect the dead?

Uh, why?

those who have integrity and character would refrain at this time from
speaking poorly of another during this time. It does appear that MANY do lack these qualities by reading the filth of this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 08:05 PM

9,763 posts, read 10,491,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Nothing that they aren't saying right now.

You think that because someone is dead it's not fair to pick on them because they can't defend themselves?

Respect the dead?

Uh, why?
Uh...because we are civilized humans? Because death is devastating to the family, and civilized humans show respect for people in mourning because they are in pain.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,269,991 times
While I agree with respecting the dead, unless they were a true scum bag which Senator Kennedy was not. I would say it would be a pretty safe bet if a prominent Republican passed away you would have as many liberals posting attack on him as did conservatives toward Kennedy. Hypocrisy at it's best. You would think we could be decent regardless of politics but nope not on this board.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:09 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,421,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvxplorer View Post
Opinion.
Never claimed it was fact always said it was what I felt about him.

Quote:
Yes. Common decency dictates a period of mourning.
Really? and what is the time frame that I have to wait?

Old 08-30-2009, 09:48 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,257,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
those who have integrity and character would refrain at this time from
speaking poorly of another during this time. It does appear that MANY do lack these qualities by reading the filth of this board.
Oh!

OK

Well, would you like to see a movie?

YouTube - Henry Fool - Trailer

Old 08-30-2009, 10:04 PM

4,147 posts, read 7,972,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
Do you consider the unrelenting attack of a man who just died of brain cancer to be inhumane or simply unAmerican? Has a floor been established for the mean spirited hate bestowed upon the internets, or can these obnoxious people get even lower?
Why don't you ask this question to the girl that he killed? Oh wait she talk anymore.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:17 AM

16 posts, read 23,063 times
I wonder how many of these critical men and women will be throwing their hat in the ring for political office? Or do they feel by bitching and moaning over a man who only kept his job because the people wanted him in office for over 40 years is enough to make you feel you have done your civic duty and are a better human being. All these nay sayers should have moved to Mass and voted him out of office if they were that passionate of his misgivings.

Last edited by millsklm; 08-31-2009 at 05:19 AM.. Reason: incomplete thought

Old 08-31-2009, 07:10 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,140,871 times
Another 1 sided poll.
Perhaps the answers could have been:
1. Can't help myself I hated everything about him
2. He was a bad guy but there are worse.
3. Not sure why they do it I don't know much about him.
4. I am neutral I liked some things didn't like some things
5. I worship him because he is a kennedy
The fact is that he was a very public person as is his family in general. He stepped on a lot of toes, rubbed a lot of folks wrong. Many feel that what he did as needful others feel that he did for self serving reasons. I am one of those.
People are biased by nature. If you liked him then you view any form of critisism as an attack. If you didn't like him then this habit of disregarding his many faults is on par with worshipping him.
Somewhere in the middle is reality.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:14 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,140,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsklm View Post
I wonder how many of these critical men and women will be throwing their hat in the ring for political office? Or do they feel by bitching and moaning over a man who only kept his job because the people wanted him in office for over 40 years is enough to make you feel you have done your civic duty and are a better human being. All these nay sayers should have moved to Mass and voted him out of office if they were that passionate of his misgivings.
Maybe some have to much honor to join the ranks of professional liars and power brokers. Maybe some have served their country by wearing a Uniform and serving in harms way. Or maybe just maybe some are exercising their first amendment rights. How many on the left that criticized Bush none stop measured up to your post? How about those who can't stop posting about Palin? I like neither individual and so I don't really care what people say about them. But it does seem hypocritical to flame some public officials but take exception when its done to others in the same exact way.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:21 AM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,080,901 times
When reading the messages from some posters on the forum I find myself fearing that there are a lot of missing animals in their neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies