Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 04:45 AM

674 posts, read 1,619,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Of course they won't because the add is telling the truth.

I'm from Europe and never experienced so many primary physicians who were taken sick days them self because they couldn't keep up with the workload of patients they had to see. The government is paying the doctors a flat fee per patient per year. The doctor get's it if the patient comes once...if the patient coms many times the doctor gets the same + a little extra but not as much as seeing another new patient for the first time. So can yo imagine how many patients are sitting in the waiting room and how long waiting times are while you have to get back to work....
The doctor will not see you unless you have a fever for 5 days or more, etc...
The amount of time that you can be in the doctors office is 10 min. mostly less...if you have more than 1 or 2 small issues you have to make an additional appointment so the doctor will get an extra payment.
A papsmear test will be done by the same primary physician once every 5 yrs and above 35 yrs....in my family a person had to be treated at the age of 27 and was lucky the primary physician agreed on doing a test before she was 35. A mamogram above 40 and also once every 5 years or there need to be a lump felt....

If there are 15 million uninsured people over here...not counting the illegals who have no right on insurance at all since they shouldn't be here in the first place, than how many extra doctors should be needed in a short period...where is Obama getting so many new doctor's? Oh he will pull a can of doctor's open, and it doesn't matter to him since in the soc. health care suiing is over...so if you die due to malpractice nobody cares but your family and friends....just another lemon mistake!

1. There are not 15 million uninsured people here - there are 45 million uninsured people here

2. You are the FIRST "European" I have heard who oppose UHC! I have never come across anyone who would replace their care service towards an insecure and poorly run system as ours.
Congrats for being the first! Exactly where are you from, and how many years did you live there?

3. I used to be 10 years in the healthcare industry. I never came across a higher number of doctors addicted to drugs as in america. You'd be floored if you saw how huge the number actually is. I'd rather have my doctor taking a few sick days here and there, being filled in by a replacement, than be treated by a doctor who is a drug addict.

4. A physician in this country will do excess tests than you actually need, to hike up your bill so he can take more profit out of your care than what is necessary. Doctors and clinics in this country are like car repair shops. They will keep elevating bills, and add tests all the time that you don't need! That's the truth folks.

5. I've had my papsmears done in Europe every year, and mamogram every year and they contact you like clockwork. If you don't show up for an annual checkup they send you reminders. So I am curious at what hospital you refer to that does it only every 5 years? Can you give some names?

6. Doctors get extra bonus if the patient is cured and does not need to come back all the time. So your theory that patients come back over and over again because they are not seen for more than 10 mins, because the doc gets a bigger bonus for new patients, simply doesn't hold up!

7. Having UHC has NO take that illegals should be getting it!!! Who on earth has made up this nonsense? Illegals don't get any of the small government services that exist at present either.
ER service has to be provided to everyone, and this is the case even in other countries - but illegals don't get free continued care at all. In an ER situation they get the absolute basic before they are showed out on the street, nothing more. And they are last to be chosen amongst the busy ER when all covered people are cared for first. So lets not exaggerate here.

Some of your conclusions make absolutely no sense and I have serious doubts if you really are European, or if your ancestors are European. There's quite a difference...

Last edited by antibes; 08-28-2009 at 04:58 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 04:49 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Even Foxnews said that they have to substantiate some of its claims before they'll air it. Sounds to me like its talking about a bunch of death panel BS, similar to a swift boat attack, that has no basis in reality.
They really do count on their "readers" not reading past the first paragraph. And why not-- that is the case.

Sad and disturbing.

Old 08-28-2009, 04:53 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
They really do count on their "readers" not reading past the first paragraph. And why not-- that is the case.

Sad and disturbing.
Obviously the poster of this thread didn't read past the first paragraph, otherwise he would have had to put "Foxnews" in with his state run media clump.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:14 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Quote:
Where in Europe? Croatia? Moldova? You are not at all describing the situation in any of the developed countries in Europe and elsewhere whose national health care systems so routinely make ours look pathetic by comparison...
Really Saganista...Apparently socialized medicine isn't working so well for Mexico, if it was these folks would not be coming here to get treatment. For all the bad I hear about our medicine in the U.S. there sure are alot of people that come here and take advantage of our hospitals, and medical treatments, and they do not pay a dime, but we do in the end....as you say "keep the illegals" so they can milk our system dry...

Old 08-28-2009, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
Really Saganista...Apparently socialized medicine isn't working so well for Mexico, if it was these folks would not be coming here to get treatment. For all the bad I hear about our medicine in the U.S. there sure are alot of people that come here and take advantage of our hospitals, and medical treatments, and they do not pay a dime, but we do in the end....as you say "keep the illegals" so they can milk our system dry...
So, back on your own topic, did you ever read the rest of the article you posted? You know, the part that says local affiliates HAVE BEEN airing the ad and the national reps say they might?

Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,942,558 times
Quote:
So, back on your own topic, did you ever read the rest of the article you posted? You know, the part that says local affiliates HAVE BEEN airing the ad and the national reps say they might?
If they do...good...

Old 08-28-2009, 05:58 AM

Quote:
If they do...good...
So maybe you want to change your most recent misleading thread title? You know, to be honest and upright and clean.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:02 AM

1,653 posts, read 4,297,874 times
Yeah I like how that works! UGH! Yet meanwhile on Fox we have to watch all their commercials pushing health care.

Fox is the ONLY fair news channel there is, OBVIOLUSLY!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennySquirrel View Post
Yeah I like how that works! UGH! Yet meanwhile on Fox we have to watch all their commercials pushing health care.

Fox is the ONLY fair news channel there is, OBVIOLUSLY!
Dont read the article! Whatever you do, DONT READ THE ARTICLE!!!!!!!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:05 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Really Saganista...Apparently socialized medicine isn't working so well for Mexico, if it was these folks would not be coming here to get treatment.
So now Mexico is a developed country in Europe. I'd missed that. Thanks for the update. Meanwhile, hundreds of medical practices located near our southern border maintain offices that are south of it to which thousands of Americans travel for their medical care. Why does that happen, do you suppose???

Quote:
For all the bad I hear about our medicine in the U.S. there sure are alot of people that come here and take advantage of our hospitals, and medical treatments, and they do not pay a dime, but we do in the end....as you say "keep the illegals" so they can milk our system dry...
LOL. Many illegals have health insurance, and those illegals who are uninsured receive at the ER exactly the same absolute minimum care and treatment that every other uninsured person receives. If we simply deported all the Republicans, this wouldn't happen, as we'd have a much easier time of making sure that all of us had adequate health insurance and therefore access to the type of effective and affordable health care that we all really want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies