U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 07:51 AM

9,043 posts, read 12,266,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
Never even reached it at all in Charlotte I believe. Its been an unusually mild summer.
I'm even giving Raleigh a little leeway with that one day in the whole summer. It's been warm, sure. Too warm to go shooting a whole lot. But, then again, it's summer
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 07:53 AM

5,915 posts, read 7,648,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyandclaire89 View Post
The people who post this sort of stuff must never have gotten beyond 3rd grade in school.

This is what we get for letting Republican dumb down the science curriculum.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:55 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,229,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViewFromThePeak View Post
I'm even giving Raleigh a little leeway with that one day in the whole summer. It's been warm, sure. Too warm to go shooting a whole lot. But, then again, it's summer

I could be wrong but I'm not sure if there;s been more than 10-15 days over 90 here.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlchurch View Post
The people who post this sort of stuff must never have gotten beyond 3rd grade in school.

This is what we get for letting Republican dumb down the science curriculum.
In all fairness, it did take me a full 6 years to get my Doctorate, but I had to publish a lot to help secure a tenure track position upon graduation rather than spending more years in a post-doc, plus my advisor was much more of a stickler on dissertation topics than others in the dept. Maybe I shouldn't feel too stupid

Old 08-28-2009, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlottePirateFan View Post
I could be wrong but I'm not sure if there;s been more than 10-15 days over 90 here.
Yep, same here. Great days for the beach, mostly at around the 88-92 range. It's too bad it's another 2-3 hours from you. Then again, the blue ridge mountains are much more accessible for the cool winter months.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM

Quote:
In all fairness, it did take me a full 6 years to get my Doctorate, but I had to publish a lot to help secure a tenure track position upon graduation rather than spending more years in a post-doc, plus my advisor was much more of a stickler on dissertation topics than others in the dept. Maybe I shouldn't feel too stupid
Hard to tell from your posts. I don't think you would have made it at my school.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:06 AM

3,562 posts, read 5,229,209 times
Quote:
Yep, same here. Great days for the beach, mostly at around the 88-92 range. It's too bad it's another 2-3 hours from you. Then again, the blue ridge mountains are much more accessible for the cool winter months.

Yeah, the NC beaches and outer banks are a haul. But I was used to driving to ECU and back all the time that its not that bad anymore.

But, last trip down to Charleston took all of 2.5hrs for me.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Hard to tell from your posts. I don't think you would have made it at my school.
I doubt your hypothesis holds much water. If I'm teaching at a Big 3 triangle area school, chances are my degree is from a pretty decent place.

I know you like to believe you came from a really difficult and exclusive school. But, in all reality...no sale. Let me know when you're ready to compare sizes of our man meat.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:11 AM

Quote:
I doubt your hypothesis holds much water. If I'm teaching at a Big 3 triangle area school, chances are my degree is from a pretty decent place.

I know you like to believe you came from a really difficult and exclusive school. But, in all reality...no sale.
"Big three" -- A legend in his own mind. LOL

Old 08-28-2009, 08:19 AM

Quote:
"Big three" -- A legend in his own mind. LOL
It's doubtful that anyone using "LOL" came from any sort of exclusive school. But I have no other moniker for these particular universities, other than they are well known and easily recognized by just about every American.

If you're point is to antagonize...no sale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies