Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 05:26 PM

48,505 posts, read 96,483,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin View Post
His positive contributions to this county, and the world, far outweighed the negatives. He will be sorely missed.
Some missed Al Capone too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:27 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,063,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
I am a Liberal/Moderate, but even I find this appalling. Ted Kennedy seems to me like a spoiled brat who never had to face life's responsibilities, exactly like George W, except that W didn't kill anyone directly.

The Last of The Kennedy Dynasty
As soon as his cancer was detected, I noticed the immediate attempt at the "canonization" of old Teddy Kennedy by the mainstream media. They are saying what a "great American" he is. I say, let's get a couple things clear & not twist the facts to change the real history.
1. He was caught cheating at Harvard when he attended it. He was expelled twice, once for cheating on a test, and once for paying a classmate to cheat for him.
2. While expelled, Kennedy enlisted in the Army, but mistakenly signed up for four years instead of two. Oops! The man can't count to four! His father, Joseph P. Kennedy, former U.S. Ambassador to England (a step up from bootlegging liquor into the US from Canada during prohibition), pulled the necessary strings to have his enlistment shortened to two years, and to ensure that he served in Europe, not Korea , where a war was raging. No preferential treatment for him! (like he charged that President Bush received).
3. Kennedy was assigned to Paris , never advanced beyond the rank of Private, and returned to Harvard upon being discharged.. Imagine a person of his "education" NEVER advancing past the rank of Private!
4. While attending law school at the University of Virginia , he was cited for reckless driving four times, including once when he was clocked driving 90 miles per hour in a residential neighborhood with his headlights off after dark. Yet his Virginia driver's license was never revoked. Coincidentally, he passed the bar exam in 1959. Amazing!
5.. In 1964, he was seriously injured in a plane crash, and hospitalized for several months. Test results done by the hospital at the time he was admitted had shown he was legally intoxicated. The results of those tests remained a "state secret" until in the 1980's when the report was unsealed. Didn't hear about that from the unbiased media, did we?
6. On July 19, 1969, Kennedy attended a party on Chappaquiddick Island in Massachusetts . At about 11:00 PM, he borrowed his chauffeur's keys to his Oldsmobile limousine, and offered to give a ride home to Mary Jo Kopechne, a campaign worker. Leaving the island via an unlit bridge with no guard rail, Kennedy steered the car off the bridge, flipped, and into Poucha Pond.
7. He swam to shore and walked back to the party, passing several houses and a fire station. Two friends then returned with him to the scene of the accident. According to their later testimony, they told him what he already knew - that he was required by law to immediately report the accident to the authorities. Instead Kennedy made his way to his hotel, called his lawyer, and went to sleep. Kennedy called the police the next morning and by then the wreck had already been discovered. Before dying, Kopechne had scratched at the upholstered floor above her head in the upside-down car.
The Kennedy family began "calling in favors", ensuring that any inquiry would be contained. Her corpse was whisked out-of-state to her family, before an autopsy could be conducted. Further details are uncertain, but after the accident Kennedy says he repeatedly dove under the water trying to rescue Kopechne and he didn't call police because he was in a state of shock. It is widely assumed Kennedy was drunk, and he held off calling police in hopes that his family could fix the problem overnight. Since the accident, Kennedy's "political enemies" have referred to him as the distinguished Senator from Chappaquiddick. He pled guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, and was given a SUSPENDED SENTENCE OF TWO MONTHS. Kopechne's family received a small payout from the Kennedy's insurance policy, and never sued. There was later an effort to have her body exhumed and autopsied, but her family successfully fought against this in court, and Kennedy's family paid their attorney's bills... a "token of friendship"?
8. Kennedy has held his Senate seat for more than forty years, but considering his longevity, his accomplishments seem scant. He authored or argued for legislation that ensured a variety of civil rights, increased the minimum wage in 1981, made access to health care easier for the indigent, and funded Meals on Wheels for fixed-income seniors and is widely held as the "standard-bearer for liberalism". In his very first Senate roll, he was the floor manager for the bill that turned U.S. immigration policy upside down and opened the floodgate for immigrants from third world countries.
9. Since that time, he has been the prime instigator and author of every expansion of an increase in immigration, up to and including the latest attempt to grant amnesty to illegal aliens. Not to mention the pious grilling he gave the last two Supreme Court nominees, as if he was the standard bearer for the nation in matters of "what's right". What a pompous @5s!
10. He is known around Washington as a public drunk, loud, boisterous and very disrespectful to ladies. JERK is a better description than "great American". "A blonde in every pond" is his motto.[/i]
Well ya finally did it!

Just when ya thought the insults couldn't be more vile, un-christian, hateful, nasty, low class, bizarre, and just plain stupid ...
ya go and give the worst insult of all...compared Ted to DopusWDoofus!

Old 08-28-2009, 05:28 PM

26,480 posts, read 36,312,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
Just think in a few years, your politicians will have myspace profiles and facebook profiles come back to haunt them....of wait it all ready did for Sarah Palin.
It didn't really come back to haunt the former governor though as she hadn't really discovered them until around the time she got her first passport. Now she thinks Twitter and FB are "the press".

BTW I really appreciate the points you're making. I'm doing my best to not comment in the many Kennedy threads because so much of it's just regurgitated trash from Rush et al's puppets, and I don't want to spoil my dinner of fresh Alaskan King salmon.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:35 PM

7,785 posts, read 7,987,458 times
wait a minute here which George W are we talking about? and now Palin? dont you Palin haters have enough threads already? geeze i cant keep up anymore

Old 08-28-2009, 05:37 PM

1,065 posts, read 1,749,554 times
Quote:
Well yeah, he did accomplish some great things unlike George W.

Oh really?

So giving 30,000,000 Iraqis the right to vote now and allowing them to not worry if Saddam and his thugs will rape and murder their wives or daughters or put them in an industrial shredder feet first, isn't a great thing?

Women and girls now being allowed to get an education in Afghanistan isn't a great accomplishment?

Saving over a millions of lives in Africa through combating HIV and Malaria isn't a great accomplishment?

Keepin the U.S. from being attacked again after 9/11 isn't a great accomplishment?

What?????

Are you serious??

Old 08-28-2009, 06:58 PM

26,480 posts, read 36,312,571 times
Thank you, Senator:

Alaska's Digital Archives : Item Viewer

Old 08-28-2009, 07:07 PM

4,104 posts, read 5,289,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbirdoc View Post
One thing is for sure George Bush has a lot more blood on his hands than a Kennedy even will.

True. A swift current washes away blood in a hurry.

Old 08-28-2009, 10:36 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,919,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Oh really?

So giving 30,000,000 Iraqis the right to vote now and allowing them to not worry if Saddam and his thugs will rape and murder their wives or daughters or put them in an industrial shredder feet first, isn't a great thing?

Women and girls now being allowed to get an education in Afghanistan isn't a great accomplishment?

Saving over a millions of lives in Africa through combating HIV and Malaria isn't a great accomplishment?

Keepin the U.S. from being attacked again after 9/11 isn't a great accomplishment?

What?????

Are you serious??
YES. I am serious. What happens to the muslim savages is of no concern to me. I don't care for a society that stones and murders its gay ppl in cold blood. 9-11 was a horrendous act perpetrated on us by the Bush administration to keep us in a state of fear and re-elect Republicans. We still have to endure all of that unnecessary crap at the airports to this day. Bush destroyed some more of our cherished freedoms and spent our taxpayer $$ into oblivion. He is the worst President ever in the history of the US, just my opinion.

Fighting HIV and malaria in african countries a big accomplishment with $15B of taxpayer $$. Is that all that you could coome up with? He cared more for those african savages than he did some of the ppl in his own country.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:06 AM

1,065 posts, read 1,749,554 times
Quote:
YES. I am serious. What happens to the muslim savages is of no concern to me. I don't care for a society that stones and murders its gay ppl in cold blood. 9-11 was a horrendous act perpetrated on us by the Bush administration to keep us in a state of fear and re-elect Republicans. We still have to endure all of that unnecessary crap at the airports to this day. Bush destroyed some more of our cherished freedoms and spent our taxpayer $$ into oblivion. He is the worst President ever in the history of the US, just my opinion.

Fighting HIV and malaria in african countries a big accomplishment with $15B of taxpayer $$. Is that all that you could coome up with? He cared more for those african savages than he did some of the ppl in his own country.

And there went all your credibility. I still can believe how ignorant some people are.

Old 08-29-2009, 12:54 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,016,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdevelop2 View Post
Oh really?

What?????

Are you serious??
One million dead Iraqis wouldn't agree. How about the displaced Iraqis? Most Iraqis cheered the guy that threw the shoe at Georgie boy. Afghanistan was deserted by Bush to war profiteer in Iraq and that is why we are still entrenched and six US soldiers were killed there this month. After 9/11? What about on 9/11? Where was Dubya when the memos warning of attack by bin Laden came in? Clearing brush? Do you realize that we are bankrupt because if the illegal war in Iraq? Read something written by a worthy minded person as opposed to allowing the Limbaughs of the media to suck out your brain. Bush has been so absent and quiet...think he is still trying to smoke Osama bin Laden out of that fictional cave?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies