Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:35 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,218,480 times

Advertisements

here in another thread we got off topic and talked about liberals blaming victims.
In the thread the OP blamed Mary Jo for being killed becasue she chose to get into the car .with kennedy.
i was told this was a falsehood.
I will link several sites to emphasize my point.

The Trouble with Liberals - ‘Blaming the Victim'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 12:43 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
here in another thread we got off topic and talked about liberals blaming victims.
In the thread the OP blamed Mary Jo for being killed becasue she chose to get into the car .with kennedy.
i was told this was a falsehood.
I will link several sites to emphasize my point.

The Trouble with Liberals - ‘Blaming the Victim'
Dude, get your facts straight before you again post things. I told you that your absurd claim that liberals like to blame the victim is a falsehood. Is that clear?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:49 PM

7,380 posts, read 15,669,719 times
that article basically says that the green party wants to sterilize everyone in the third world? or something like that? it's written really poorly so it's kind of hard to follow. but that's completely nuts.

i don't know if someone really said mary jo kopechne is to blame because she shouldn't have gotten in the car with kennedy, but that's a terrible thing to say.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM

763 posts, read 1,298,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
Dude, get your facts straight before you again post things. I told you that your absurd claim that liberals like to blame the victim is a falsehood. Is that clear?
Instead of the requisite personal attack of a differing view, why don't you refute their statements? They showed a link, how about you???

Old 08-28-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
You claim it is absurd yet you make post no reason why you think it is. So it is your OPINION. You have a right to your absurd OPINION.
I give you my opinion along with a article as to why my opinion is that way.

So until you can counter the argument you have a right to your opinion.
Sorry you can not discuss it with facts to back your opinion

Old 08-28-2009, 12:55 PM

5,994 posts, read 20,069,075 times
The victims in this country are the millions of people without health insurance. Are liberal blaming them too?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
The victims in this country are the millions of people without health insurance. Are liberal blaming them too?
Yes.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,560,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjtwet View Post
You claim it is absurd yet you make post no reason why you think it is. So it is your OPINION. You have a right to your absurd OPINION.
I give you my opinion along with a article as to why my opinion is that way.

So until you can counter the argument you have a right to your opinion.
Sorry you can not discuss it with facts to back your opinion
I particularly loved this segment of your post:

What they do not want is any sort of fundamental change which might result in a reduction in privilege for themselves.....

For that is EXACTLY how the republican party comes across. Weird. Actually, since you are the one who laid this claim that liberals always blame the victim, why don't you give some examples, other than the Kennedy one which I myself find ridiculous. That thing you posted really did not have much to say so I can't really discuss it. I can give you an example of some people on the right blaming the victim....that model that was just killed by her husband. Her profession & lifestyle was brought up in discussion as reasoning for her death.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:00 PM

8,652 posts, read 17,234,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTsLiKeAnEgG View Post
They (the liberals) just can't tell me how much it will cost me a month for my FREE health care.
I've asked but have yet to get an answer.

Old 08-28-2009, 01:01 PM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverestClimb View Post
Instead of the requisite personal attack of a differing view, why don't you refute their statements? They showed a link, how about you???
The link and the premise of this thread is a strawman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies