Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2009, 04:43 PM

16,259 posts, read 24,763,471 times

Advertisements

Blame it on Obama!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 05:15 PM

103 posts, read 118,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
I signed up for a weekly Newspaper and Sunday also. I have not received anything in a week, so I called the Post and they told me that the carrier had delivered the papers, but they were stolen. I am thinking that maybe this cannot be true, as most of the people in my building do not speak English, nor read it. How and why would they still the papers?? They are only in English. I do not want to blame anyone yet, but this is strange. Any ideas??

I'm a former Washington Post Carrier. Either your carrier sucks and is not delivering to the correct address or delivery it at all or your paper is being stolen.

I would always have problems with papers being stolen during the summertime. I attributed it to kids being out of school. Teenagers mostly, out at all hours of the night. It appears that you live in an apartment building, it's very easy for someone else to take your paper. Early bird gets the paper; papers should be delivered no later than 5:30 AM weekdays, 6:30 AM Sundays.

For solutions, ask the Post to put you in direct contact with your distributor. Make sure that your address is confirmed to be correct. I can't tell you how many times a paperwork foul up caused compliants. Make sure your distributor credits you for the papers you have not received. If possible, try to make a special arragement with the distributor to have the carrier put the paper in a special spot.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:03 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
I used to deliver newspapers (a paperboy, really), and people would call-in complaining that the paper wasn't delivered. Sometimes it was because of pranksters, sometimes it was because of paperwork errors, sometimes it was because of delivery errors (delivery to the wrong address by a new guy), and sometimes it was because the customer did not pay their bill on time or at all and the account was canceled. I suggest asking that the newspaper be dropped in your mailbox (if the paper is thin enough).

Old 08-29-2009, 06:05 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
swiper no swiping
Is that you Dora?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:07 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,718,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
Blame it on Obama!
My friend's up on the Vineyard as we speak and her paper was stolen a couple of days ago. Coincidence?

Old 08-29-2009, 06:08 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
You might try getting the online version of the newspaper.

Old 08-29-2009, 06:22 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
If your paper is really missing, you can call The Post anytime up until 10:00 am and they will deliver another copy. I don't think redelivery service is available to Bizarro Planet, however...

Old 08-29-2009, 06:30 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Must be the guy who lives downstairs from you that you're complaining about in the immigration forum:

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...annoyance.html

Actually, I don't believe you. The newspaper office isn't going to tell you that your papers were stolen.

But I do have an idea for you. Stop making up bs to troll the internet with.
Sounds like you might be the thief ! You must be a fellow internet troll too! ciao, The Troller!!
Here is some BS, Why do you even read this forum if you are not trolling?!!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:32 PM

1,222 posts, read 3,830,906 times
Thanks for the insights. Well I think I got home too late to reach the Post, and the carrier did not call back. I think he or she may actually be afraid to deliver in this area that early. Its kind of sketchy. The customer rep said the carrier put notes in the computer that it was stolen and he saw the person take it! That sounds funky, so I think I am just going to go to the library and read it!!

Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artsywoman View Post
.If you have nothing interesting to say please don't\!! You must be a fellow internet troll too! ciao
Excuse me...I still don't believe your story. I checked out some of your past postings and something simply is not ringing true. You appear to be making things up in order to justify your xenophobia.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies