Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you agree with HBO's Bill Maher
I agree with HBO's Bill Maher: Americans are Too 'Stupid' So President Should Force ObamaCare into Law 29 54.72%
I DISAGREE with HBO's Bill Maher that the American People are stupid 4 7.55%
I agree with HBO's Bill Maher that President Should Force ObamaCare into Law 2 3.77%
I DISAGREE with HBO's Bill Maher that President Should Force ObamaCare into Law 4 7.55%
I agree that Bill Maher and Obama are stupid, and so is O'Brien for having Maher on his show 6 11.32%
I agree that I'm cancelling my HBO 1 1.89%
If Obama agrees with HBO's Bill Maher, Obama will destroy the Democrat Party. 2 3.77%
I don't think that President Obama is so stupid that he will Force ObamaCare into Law 0 0%
I'm attending the March for Freedom in Washington DC on September 12, 2009 4 7.55%
I'll keep my head in the sand and pray that this is all a dream 0 0%
other 1 1.89%
not sure 0 0%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 08:34 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,324,912 times

Advertisements

Do you agree with HBO's Bill Maher?

HBO's Bill Maher: Americans Too 'Stupid' So President Should Force ObamaCare into Law
HBO's Maher: Americans Too 'Stupid' So President Should Force ObamaCare into Law | NewsBusters.org
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 08:37 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Do you agree with HBO's Bill Maher?

HBO's Bill Maher: Americans Too 'Stupid' So President Should Force ObamaCare into Law
HBO's Maher: Americans Too 'Stupid' So President Should Force ObamaCare into Law | NewsBusters.org

I believe Americans are the most stupid of all the industrialized nations, and no other country comes close. I get confirmation from this website and watching the news.

Old 08-30-2009, 08:44 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Odanny, as part of this forum / website does this apply to you also ?

The people I know are intelligent, adult and know what is best for their family. Maybe Bill runs with the wrong Hollywood crowd which I can see him then making that statement.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Odanny, as part of this forum / website does this apply to you also ?

The people I know are intelligent, adult and know what is best for their family. Maybe Bill runs with the wrong Hollywood crowd which I can see him then making that statement.

The confirmation I get from this forum is from reading threads very similar to this one. It is only one small part of the greater whole of 300 million. On both sides of the political spectrum, stupidity knows no particular ideology but it does seem to be unequally represented in one ideology over another

Old 08-30-2009, 09:03 AM

2,058 posts, read 5,859,938 times
His point was... and I can totally understand this: When Cheney was told that most Americans are against the war, he said "so". They were elected to do what they "needed" to do and they were going to do it. Obama was elected to fix healthcare, and he should stop pussyfooting around and just do it while he has the majority. He should drag everyone along, just like Cheney and Bush did with the war.

And also, Americans as a whole, aren't very smart. THey don't know basic facts that they should about our country. It's a fact, and I will defend Maher's statement that Americans are basically stupid. Ok maybe stupid is a strong word, but what do you call people who don't know that Hawaii is a state??

Old 08-30-2009, 09:05 AM

4,586 posts, read 5,476,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandycat View Post
His point was... and I can totally understand this: When Cheney was told that most Americans are against the war, he said "so". They were elected to do what they "needed" to do and they were going to do it. Obama was elected to fix healthcare, and he should stop pussyfooting around and just do it while he has the majority. He should drag everyone along, just like Cheney and Bush did with the war.

And also, Americans as a whole, aren't very smart. THey don't know basic facts that they should about our country. It's a fact, and I will defend Maher's statement that Americans are basically stupid. Ok maybe stupid is a strong word, but what do you call people who don't know that Hawaii is a state??
I agree totally. Stupid is "probably" the wrong word. Misinformed would be more PC but that aint Bill Maher.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:18 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,185,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I believe Americans are the most stupid of all the industrialized nations, and no other country comes close. I get confirmation from this website and watching the news.
Of course...anyone who disagrees with Democrats and their agenda are just stupid racists....right? Only the liberal left understands all these complex issues, and only they have the ability to dumb them down, so that the unwashed masses can understand them.

How dare these arrogant little people dare to question and disagree with the great liberal thinkers.

Old 08-30-2009, 09:21 AM

If we want to talk about ignorance (I won't even call them stupid...just not well informed) then take a look at this...it was discussed just after the election but bears repeating:

Hot Air » Blog Archive » Ziegler duplicates Obama voter poll results

Old 08-30-2009, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Of course...anyone who disagrees with Democrats and their agenda are just stupid racists....right? Only the liberal left understands all these complex issues, and only they have the ability to dumb them down, so that the unwashed masses can understand them.

How dare these arrogant little people dare to question and disagree with the great liberal thinkers.
I stated that no political ideology is alone in this ignorance

Old 08-30-2009, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I stated that no political ideology is alone in this ignorance
OK...then I agree with you on that point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies