Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2009, 05:52 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
I like Obama, too. But I do think he's yet to find his personal leadership style. I think he's still feeling his way, which is understandable. But I'm eagerly waiting for him to get a bit tougher...he's eloquent, smart and well-reasoned, but maybe not yet grown into his full potential for a strong leader. It's coming, though.
I agree. I support Obama very strongly and believe that he is exactly what this country needs. He isn't the ultimate Washington insider but he has the support of many who are.

I also want to see him get stronger on those issues that will build a more solid America in the future (healthcare, education) He needs to stand his ground and stand firm. He needs to put ALL of the wacko anti-healthcare people in their place and mute their pointless (and selfish) voices.

Its time for us to see the true fighter in Obama. Its time for him to go all in with his plans for America. And I think he will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 05:53 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,867,563 times
Basically he just seems to continue campiagning and Pelosi and reid make the decisions on the legislation.He seem like a talking puppet to me.He goes to teh G20 and the european just dismiss him like a junior senator;everytime he comments on somethign lie the professor not written he sticks his foot i his mouth. No wander they ok his taking so many vacations.

Old 08-30-2009, 06:57 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGACK View Post
Discuss...
What leadership? A leader doesnt tell people to do one thing that its important then does the oppisite.

A leader walks the walk and not just talks the talk

Old 08-30-2009, 06:59 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,847,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
I agree. I support Obama very strongly and believe that he is exactly what this country needs. He isn't the ultimate Washington insider but he has the support of many who are.

I also want to see him get stronger on those issues that will build a more solid America in the future (healthcare, education) He needs to stand his ground and stand firm. He needs to put ALL of the wacko anti-healthcare people in their place and mute their pointless (and selfish) voices.

Its time for us to see the true fighter in Obama. Its time for him to go all in with his plans for America. And I think he will.
So Obama shouldnt listen to what the American people want , He should tell all the wacko American citizens where to stick it?

Thought Obama was there to work for us? Guess in your world its not in your world that president does whatever he wants and ignores the citizens and yes before you bring up Bush democrats complained when Bush did that and now you want Obama to do that . What does that make someone?

Old 08-30-2009, 10:11 PM

2,522 posts, read 4,393,265 times
He is not a leader, not by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 08-30-2009, 10:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,674,422 times
I, too, think he should be more assertive, but I think it's too early to judge him yet. It may turn out that he knows exactly what he's doing - and is doing it well.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Leadership?

What leadership? So far as many have called it before hand he is no leader.

His admin is totally confused, none of them are on the same page, they all talk in circles around each other, one will say one thing and the other something totally different.

A real leader has his people on the same page, Obama, well none of them know what the other is doing on a daily basis.

His admin is in total chaos right now because his lack of leadership abilities.

Old 08-30-2009, 11:30 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,310,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

He works for us or did you already know that?

Fighter? ALL of his plans when the majority of Americans do not agree you believe it is ok for him to force them on us?

Healthcare can be earned by getting a job or two!!
Again the majority of us do not want government in our healtcare.

Education? Its called get the bad parents to help teach their kids. Most of them do not even know what the teachers name is let along what the kids are doing in school.

Solution - force Parents to help their kids and get involved at school and with their kids.

The education is their for the taking.

Put us in place, NO, we need to put HIM in his place afterall he works for us.

Gosh are you for real?

What country or planet are you from?

Old 08-30-2009, 11:33 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,127,661 times
Honestly, I'm not seeing an ounce of leadership at all coming from Obama. This is not a partisan statement. This is a statement of observation. I've don't recall a single moment where Obama stepped up to the plate and actually led the nation. So far, this President has continued his pattern of making speeches, but has virtually handed over the reigns to Pelosi and Reid to actually do the leading.

Old 08-31-2009, 01:06 PM

195 posts, read 427,292 times
Very Pimish... His pimp hand is strong for them conservatives..lol http://forums.allsexresources.com/images/smilies/new/dead.gif (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies