Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:46 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times

Advertisements

Follow the money, the Unions health care is billions in the red along with the pensions plans. Unversial health care will fill those holes for the unions that's why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 07:36 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,566,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Saying "their peace"? How does one say "their peace". Did you mean saying their piece? If so, I think someone needs to rethink the vocabulary.
say one's peace

or[speak one's piece] {v. phr.} To say openly what you think; say, especially in public, what you usually say or are expected to say. * /John told the boss that he thought he was wrong and the boss got angry. He said, "You've said your little piece, so go on home."/ * /Every politician got up and said his piece about how good the mayor was and then sat down./

If you notice, either word is correct. Sorry to disappoint you.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:59 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
say one's peace

or[speak one's piece] {v. phr.} To say openly what you think; say, especially in public, what you usually say or are expected to say. * /John told the boss that he thought he was wrong and the boss got angry. He said, "You've said your little piece, so go on home."/ * /Every politician got up and said his piece about how good the mayor was and then sat down./

If you notice, either word is correct. Sorry to disappoint you.
Sorry, your explanation doesn't explain. The links don't seem relevant, and besides they take me to mostly Russian language definitions. I don't read Russian.

The word "peace" is a legitimate word, but the phrase that you used has a different meaning. I guess I misunderstood the way you were using it in that context. "Speaking peace" is different than just expressing one's thoughts (though they may be both -- i.e. saying one's piece and speaking peace may be identical - a statement spoken to promote peace. )

I didn't see the guy in the video speaking any peace. He was a disrupter simply speaking his piece.

At any rate, my apologies for misunderstanding your intent. Peace.

Old 09-01-2009, 03:53 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Follow the money, the Unions health care is billions in the red along with the pensions plans. Unversial health care will fill those holes for the unions that's why.
This guy wasnt a "union thug".

Old 09-01-2009, 08:33 PM

1,535 posts, read 1,633,959 times
Corporate Pension Fund shortfalls weigh on recovery - Eric Janszen - iTulip.com

Pension funds are underfunded big time including the unions check the link.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverOne View Post
Corporate Pension Fund shortfalls weigh on recovery - Eric Janszen - iTulip.com

Pension funds are underfunded big time including the unions check the link.
Yes, but the guy in the OP doesnt represent a union. Maybe you made the connection from the word "thug" in the title....

Old 09-01-2009, 09:11 PM

559 posts, read 1,464,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
I'd throw an elbow too if some idiot came up beside me and tried to tackle me....
HAHAHAHAHAHA! That has to be one of the stupidest comments I have EVER read in my life! Did you watch the video! Seriously did you? No really did you? Did you? Seriously?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:14 AM

4,222 posts, read 7,898,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Video (http://www.kgun9.com/global/Category.asp?c=172043&clipId=4084592&topVideoCatNo =139344&autoStart=true - broken link)

Everything was peaceful and respectful until the obama goon came in and started getting rough.

The "white angry mob" - except that wasn't true, as the reporter tells us at the end.
I can only see an Obama goon as a sissy. It is too bad that the people at the meeting were too gentlemanly or ladylike to kick his ass

Old 09-02-2009, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
I can only see an Obama goon as a sissy. It is too bad that the people at the meeting were too gentlemanly or ladylike to kick his ass
Too sissylike, you mean?

Some Bertie Wooster manque did yell, "Hey, SHADDAAAP!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies