Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 11:39 AM

3,813 posts, read 4,914,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude View Post
Look to see Palin help destroy the Dems Cap n Trade hopes.
I expect Palin to read the Cliff notes on the issue, listen to what the Fox talkies have to say about it, put it all in the salad maker, add more than a few less than truthful incendiary comments, post them as fact on her Facebook page and Tweet-Tweet about it on her cell phone. The Palienites will drop to their knees and praise her for confirming their hatred of the POTUS is justified. They will then rise enmasse and run naked through the streets in hysterical rage because their grandmothers can't trade their caps at the local flea market without getting shot by the Death Squads of the Civilian Army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 12:03 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Johnston: Palin wanted to take the money, 'forget everything else'

Levi Johnston told reporters the Alaska governor was stepping down early to take advantage of millions in potential earnings. According to the Anchorage Daily News, the 19-year-old said that late last year he heard Palin say "how nice it would be to take some of this money people have been offering us and just run with it, and saying forget everything else."

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Johnston: Palin wanted to take the money, ‘forget everything else’ « - Blogs from CNN.com

Who can fault her? She really would never have been voted into another political office again. She is being true to her opportunistic nature.

Last edited by sickofnyc; 09-01-2009 at 12:11 PM..

Old 09-01-2009, 12:29 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,435,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Desperation does sometimes do funny things to people. You aren't at all just a little desperate that so many Orientals have invited her to come to their countries to talk about economy, are you? In case you missed it she is going to Hong Kong to talk to a banking group as her first stop. That group doesn't invite just anybody from the US. I doubt they will ever ask our present President although they did allow Bill Clinton to talk to them.
Sorry, that doesn't make any difference to me. All this woman MIGHT know about banking is how to balance her check book and maybe not even that.

You forget how the Asian men LOVE American women. It probably has alot to do with her breast size and how pretty she is.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Palin could have said, "I read the news online. My favorite 'papers' are. . . " There are many answers she could have given besides the one she gave, which implied she didn't read anything at all. It's the kind of question you might ask someone running for student council president. She flubbed that interview for one reason b/c she refused to be prepped. She thought she'd go on national TV and be her normal self (?) and just wow everybody with her brilliance!
OH, I bet she reads the Enquier and maybe Lady's Home Journal. I got a good laugh out of that question and the NON answer. Katie Couric was right on in asking it, she suspected what we now know, this woman is window dressing only.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
The only thing breathtaking is that people want to hear someone who is actually dumber than G. W. Bush, but hey, those fascists will listen to anyone who comes wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross. you betcha
OH, I think its about more then being wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross, I think it has to do with her wrack. Men like women with a nice wrack and I can tell you from experience, once they are riveted in on it, they don't hear a thing you are saying.

I give her a year before she is doing some naked pictures wrapped in the flag to get attention, she is an attention seeker, that would work for her.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Do you honestly believe she doesn't know?

It is clear from the video, she was disgusted with Couric's question - when she calls her on Alaska having the same access to reading materials in DC, is proof enough.
Sorry but your answer is not good enough, the disgust she showed was because she had no answer.

If she didn't want to be thrown hard questions, then she should have avoided Katie Couric, she is not the hand holding type.

When your a politician, you don't have the luxury of showing disgust to a reporter you agreed to have an interview with.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:47 PM

8,299 posts, read 8,605,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
OH, I think its about more then being wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross, I think it has to do with her wrack. Men like women with a nice wrack and I can tell you from experience, once they are riveted in on it, they don't hear a thing you are saying.

I give her a year before she is doing some naked pictures wrapped in the flag to get attention, she is an attention seeker, that would work for her.
Wrapping herself in the flag would certainly be a nice change from leaning on the flag as it hangs crumpled over a chair:

Photos of Sarah Palin from RunnersWorld.com

Last edited by helenejen; 04-25-2013 at 09:30 AM..

Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SemiahmooDude View Post
Why they hate Palin...

[SIZE=3]This is how Lew Rockwell viewed her arrival on the national scene:[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"The frenzied reaction of the middle class all over the country toward Sarah Palin has no real precedent that I can remember. Indeed, the reaction especially among women is completely understandable. She provides a much welcome cultural break from the chip-on-the-shoulder, grudge-against-the-world model of public women that have been held up to us for years, embodied in the belligerent and insufferable person of Hillary Clinton.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]"Sarah, on the other hand, is both beautiful and professionally accomplished, a wife and mother and a natural politician, both religious and secular, both feminine and fears no tasks such as hunting that are usually associated with men. She offers a different model of a woman who has excelled not through intimidation and aggressive demands for reparation, but through her own efforts, charms, and intelligence."[/SIZE]
Sarah Palin at the Switch by Donald W. Miller, Jr., MD
Who says the Dems hate her??
I think she is comical. There isn't enough of substance in her to hate her. She has never done anything noteworthy enough to hate her. She is a joke, people don't hate jokes, I kind of feel sorry for her because she has put herself out there and become such a lightening rod for hilarity. I mean the comics were having a hard time after Bush left office but then they were handed Sarah Palin, I know I heard a collective sigh of relief from comedians when she staggered on to the scene.

Old 09-01-2009, 12:49 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,845,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Wrapping herself in the flag would certainly be a nice change from leaning on the flag as it hangs crumpled over a chair:

Oh if you wanna complain about the USA flag and the use of it. I wonder why you didnt include the dnc and the flags in the trash bags

Old 09-01-2009, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post

I can't believe they took that picture ! I had not seen that. That was extremely disrespectful and MORE proof she has little or no common sense.

That picture will come back to haunt her.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies