Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 08:00 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,932,670 times

Advertisements

Sarah Palin gets 1,070+ invitations - Mike Allen - POLITICO.com

Quote:
Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin this week will begin accepting and rejecting the more than 1,070 invitations she has received for paid speeches and political appearances since she resigned as Alaska governor, aides said.

Twenty speakers’ bureaus made offers to represent her.

More than 950 requests for speeches have poured in for Palin, and over 120 candidates for office have asked her to appear, including folks running for Senate, House and state legislature, aides said.
The Left will be going apoplectic once again.

Ohhhh....what did I tell you? She is and will be extremely valuable to those running in the 2010 elections and all those potential speeches, pounding on obama policies that the press will dutifully report.

This is golden.

Her paid speeches - 6 figures - for those with retarded math skills, that's $100,000+.

The Left's worse nightmare has come to fruition - Palin, 24/7.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2009, 08:06 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,035,296 times
"The Left will be going apoplectic once again."

More like overjoyed!

Although in a country where realty show contestants receive thousands of requests for appearances, nothing surprises me.

Which reminds me, in America it is more lucrative to be a reality tv star than let's say... finishing your term in public office?

Old 08-31-2009, 08:09 AM

Sarah Palin plans first trip to Asia - More politics- msnbc.com

Quote:
The former Alaska governor will visit Hong Kong to address the CLSA Investors Forum, a well-known annual conference of global investment managers, the host announced Monday.

Bill Clinton, Al Gore and Alan Greenspan have spoken at the event, hosted by brokerage and investment group CLSA Asia-Pacific Markets.
She's in with the heavyweights.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:12 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Au contraire! PLEASE! Nominate her for POTUS in 2012!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:13 AM

21,026 posts, read 22,143,615 times
Quote:

Ohhhh....what did I tell you? She is and will be extremely valuable to those running in the 2010 elections and all those potential speeches, pounding on obama policies that the press will dutifully report.

This is golden.

Her paid speeches - 6 figures - for those with retarded math skills, that's $100,000+.

My,my! Aren't you OBSESSED with Palin!!

You taking over for Dukester???

I sure hope she keeps flapping those fat lips...it embarrasses Republicans and furthers the cause of Democrats!

Nothing like having an airhead, spineless, weak, whiney, dressed-like-a-hooker, illiterate, screeching, hard shopping bimbo as your representative!!!

Thank you Sarah!!!!

Old 08-31-2009, 08:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,864,851 times
Quote:
It's right up her alley. There are no restrictions on what her speech topic will be. She'll be well-paid for her time and words. And there will be no media coverage.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,366,979 times
Quote:

This is golden.

I knew she was doing the right thing by leaving Alaska. She'll make a ton of money, sell her books and write for newspapers. I love the fact that she made Democrats in the US Congress remove end of life language from their proposed legislation. She is clearly in the driver's seat.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
I sure hope she keeps flapping those fat lips...it embarrasses Republicans and furthers the cause of Democrats!

Nothing like having an airhead, spineless, weak, whiney, dressed-like-a-hooker, illiterate, screeching, hard shopping bimbo as your representative!!!

Thank you Sarah!!!!
Ahh...you leftists thought she was going away.

Her lips are gorgeous, unlike the beast with a face like a prize fighter sitting in the WH. Not to mention her unsightly bowed legs, her backside you could eat a buffet off of...you get the picture.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:19 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,358,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
It's right up her alley. There are no restrictions on what her speech topic will be. She'll be well-paid for her time and words. And there will be no media coverage.

It's the ultimate NeoConfused fantasy, the redistribution of wealth to themselves with virtually no effort.

Old 08-31-2009, 08:20 AM

7,380 posts, read 15,670,954 times
i love how her own staff released this information to the media.

while at the same time she and her supporters cry "why is everyone always paying attention to her/me? she's/i'm a private citizen now!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies